Volklfreeskier vs. Rob

Ski

Metz is very, VERY in. Ski999, I do realize just how fast Ridge is... and he's really, REALLY fast. I don't like anyone beating me, whether its volkl, rob, ridge, that guy Bernie that can ski 56 mph, my grandmother, or bode. After saturday I've got that fire burning... I got home from work and got on the stationary bike for an hour today.

It's a good time to quit cigs, Metzy. They aren't healthy, and they will make you get short of breath more easily.

Hey, if I'm around too, I'll take a run for fun. But, I'm not up to seriously racing any of you hulking 18 year-olds unless the age/gender adjustment is made.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metz is very, VERY in. Ski999, I do realize just how fast Ridge is... and he's really, REALLY fast. I don't like anyone beating me, whether its volkl, rob, ridge, that guy Bernie that can ski 56 mph, my grandmother, or bode. After saturday I've got that fire burning... I got home from work and got on the stationary bike for an hour today. Hopefully we'll see the A-Game on Sat.

Why isn't my name in there? ;)

Jeff, your's or Dude's names aren't on there simply because you're not involved in this particular challenge, and I did not want to imply that I felt I was faster than certain people, or to imply that they are not good skiers, etc. Everyone knows you and Dude are really fast. If they don't know, now they should know. But, for the record, I don't like being beaten by either of you two either :no

Skimom- haven't had one today. I'm re-quit as of now. anytime I feel like I want one I go downstairs and pedal a mile on the stationary bike, or ski a mile on the nordic track as fast as I can, and then when i'm really out of breath I don't want one anymore. Plus I get in shape. BONUS!!!

Yeah, definitely spent an hour on the bike with the rocky soundtrack blasting throughout my house. :rock

Everyone get in on this action saturday. I think I gonna be FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST

Skimom- haven't had one today. I'm re-quit as of now. anytime I feel like I want one I go downstairs and pedal a mile on the stationary bike, or ski a mile on the nordic track as fast as I can, and then when i'm really out of breath I don't want one anymore. Plus I get in shape. BONUS!!!

Good work, MetzyBoy - you'll be faster for it! Give yourself a big pat on the back!

HA Doug, you truly are a master of analogy. It almost sounds like you're challenging me for thursday... I really want to make sure I'm healed up... but if i am... its on like donkey kong. I think I need to follow jeff's lead and start earning some respect on here. Only one way to do that. rock 'em on edge and watch the jaws drop. No more talk until I have a couple of posted times. catch ya later.

On the Nastar site we can see times for Blue and Camelback or anywhere else. As evidenced everyday at Blue, bad skiers can still go fast but I'm starting to think the gates seperate the men from the boys because technique is more important than physics.

And it makes it really easy to compare races between PASR members if you join the Club Team :yes

I've just discovered we don't have NASTAR here any more. Originally they told us it was being MOVED to a new run. Now it's not listed on the NASTAR "Where to Race".

That sucks... Let me guess, your terrain park got bigger.

I noticed at CB that they lose "new recruits" because they don't have sign up sheets at the start shack. There are quite a few people who pull up to the shack and ask, can we try it? The answer.. "NO, you have to sign up have your parents sign, and pay $5" Just to go around some poles??? So what do they do? They head over to another slope so that they can jump up onto steel edged playground equipment and fly through the air off jumps all for free.

Edited by Papasteeze

Most people leave the start of Nastar because they need a parent (who is not around) to sign it.

Most of the time they do have sign up sheets at the top. The problem is when they do, to register people takes maybe a minute...but thats a minute no one can race...Register 10 people, the line gets pretty long...Thats why they want everyone to sign up before the race starts.

It appears doug is getting a little fiesty on me... oh well... no matter how I'm feeling I'll be at blue on thursday. I can now lift my arms into a decent race position. I can just about torque my body enough to make a nice GS arc. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, either for the first time, or again. The race is on...

Yeah, my time at tanglwood showed that i can snowplow a GS course and still beat a few people.

and I could have told you where to properly put your hands... in your pocket to get your wallet to buy me a drink after I win.

Doug's excited since he learned how to turn his skis last week... I've been carving big turns for the past 3 years once I realized how one needs to ski a GS.

Doug, don't know where the hostility came from, but I know you just dropped the gauntlets and I'm about to reply. I just don't understand why you're so hostile all of a sudden.

and jeff, don't think you're off the hook so easily, I'm still going to try and win back that case of yueng... lol

try being the key word there.

PS- first I'm going to beat Doug by more than a second. then we're going to have a freestyle rap battle and you'll kill me.

doug, sorry about that last post bro. We started getting pretty competitive on here and the adrenaline started flowing, and some things came out that just sounded harsh or dickhead-like. Truth be told, i'm just here to meet some new skibuddies. Hopefully there's no bad blood between us. I'm still up for a friendly race for a beer though. Cheers man.

doug, sorry about that last post bro. We started getting pretty competitive on here and the adrenaline started flowing, and some things came out that just sounded harsh or dickhead-like. Truth be told, i'm just here to meet some new skibuddies. Hopefully there's no bad blood between us. I'm still up for a friendly race for a beer though. Cheers man.

And I thought I was cocky and unhumbeled. Metz, you're a nice guy, but I hate to see you set yourself up for another beating, especially in your condition. You really shouldn't be skiing until you're better, let alone staking your reputation on racing. I'm not Bode Miller, I'm no Skidude, I'm not even a Ski999, but you need to work your way up. Get some practice under your belt, improve those times, then start boasting about your big GS arcs, because they're not doing you any good unless you can tighten them up for an offset GS. I've really tried to become more humble about racing, since I know I'm not that great, but to finsh 10th place w/o a speed suit in a very nicely set ASRA is very respectable. My first ASRA I finished 26th. Your first goal should be to finish within 15 seconds of the leader, which, when you're racing against those guys, is very respetable. Take baby steps, we're all new to this. My goal last year was just to get some experiecne, I really had no expectations. A great skier doesn't necessarily make a good racer.

Thank you for the compliments Jeff. I just would like to say that I hate to sound cocky, and I feel that is not truly my nature. I am, however, overwhelmingly competitive. It got me pretty far in football, and I'm hoping it'll do the same for me in racing. Please, everyone, just understand that I am merely being competitive, and I will never back down from a challenge. well, almost never. I'm here for friends. thats all.