1/16

AtomicSkier

Unreal. Got there at 7:30 and took my first run down razors. They blew on razors and challenge, and didnt groom it (much more snow on challenge). It was REALLY nice. The rollers on Challenge were nice, added some fun to the trail, but if you skied the left side of both trails, it was silent skiing, and no need for your edge, cut out to the right side, and you had REALLY grippy snow for ripping...it truely was the best of both worlds. Switchback had a few death cookies here and there from freshly blown groomed snow, but otherwise, that too was REALLY good. Didn't do mainstreet, but the park was pretty steezy today as well. The best day since 12/9 which was an 8" powder day. I ended up with 23 amazing runs

Edited by AtomicSkier

the bottom portion of mainstreet was all sorts of chunky. snow was amazing at the ticket check, but the good snow pretty much ended by the time you got off vista. the park layout is still good, but landings on jumps were scraped off and the lips to rails were completely trashed. unfortunately, when its this cold out and everything is so frozen solid, there's not much park crew can do. with the amount of traffic in the park today, i am amazed no one has gotten hurt yet.

the bottom portion of mainstreet was all sorts of chunky. snow was amazing at the ticket check, but the good snow pretty much ended by the time you got off vista. the park layout is still good, but landings on jumps were scraped off and the lips to rails were completely trashed. unfortunately, when its this cold out and everything is so frozen solid, there's not much park crew can do. with the amount of traffic in the park today, i am amazed no one has gotten hurt yet.

I've got some tips for you. Bevel your sides at 3 degrees, and wax your skis, because today was amazing. Toast was saying how the park was icey....I found that snow to be super grippy. You ski razors or challenge at all? because those two were amazing. I left at 11:30, but I would have stayed for a 30k+ vert day if not for the building lines, i was REALLY happy to get 23 GREAT runs in.

Edited by AtomicSkier

I've got some tips for you. Bevel your sides at 3 degrees, and wax your skis, because today was amazing. Toast was saying how the park was icey....I found that snow to be super grippy. You ski razors or challenge at all? because those two were amazing. I left at 11:30, but I would have stayed for a 30k+ vert day if not for the building lines, i was REALLY happy to get 23 GREAT runs in.

me and justo wax our skis pretty much all the time. that doesnt do anything when it is a sheet of ice.... and beveling the edges on a park ski is asking for death.

cant expect it to not be icy since they havent made any snow in the park yet.. hopefully tonight. last night the entire place was ice so i didnt expect it to be any different

i'm just gonna try to deal with the ice. it didn't really have too much of an effect on me last night, just a little issues on the landings from the booters up top. the wind seemes milder today, and thats what really pissed me off last night.