X-Games

MetalMulisha

Shaun White is awesome...I liked the poll Shaun Palmer vs Shaun White...kind of like the this or that thread. I can't wait to see the skiers in the halfpipe tonight at 9:00PM...time to hit up Booter.

Too bad 90% of the people were voting like it was a popularity contest.

it was a 1080 contest, thats it, just like skier best trick. which by the way was so screwed up. the skiers better throw down tonight.

That's all anything in the xgames is about anymore-1080s. Not that that's bad, but i'd like to see something smaller and more steezy. Or, i'd like to see someone throw a 1260! (talking about snowboarding here). I was hoping for a change, that shaun white wouldn't win- i was roothing for mason aguirre. Luke Wynan is also one of my favorites in superpipe- he lands everything soo smoothly. Only bad thing is- he doesn't shut up at the end of his runs. :lol I missed the snowboard slopestyle. They play it in the beginning of the xgames, so by the time you remember to watch, it's the 3rd day. Second, they played it so early-they should have waited till 9- i missed everything, as usual. All i got to see was the highlights. Why did they change the skiing slopestyle to a big air. It was cool and all, but i don't think the skiers were really into it. I loved it when that one guy tried the switch double backflip.

Too bad 90% of the people were voting like it was a popularity contest.

its too bad 90% of people were voting like they didnt know who the palm was.

Or, i'd like to see someone throw a 1260! (talking about snowboarding here).

markku did them a long before in fis competitionss. im wondering why there wasnt one attempt at the x games.

Only bad thing is- he doesn't shut up at the end of his runs.

indeed, its annoying, but if i had a captivated primetime audience, itd probably put my thoguhts out there as well.

I loved it when that one guy tried the switch double backflip.

that was impressive.

mason got jipped in the superpipe. his run was way better than shaun's but th ejudges just gave shaun the win because he is shaun white

in my opinion, masons first run was better than shauns first two. the winning run was the only one with three triples, and in the x games 1080 is the operative word, not style, not creativity, but whirrly birds.

Yeah, but i think mason dragged a hand on one of his tricks?

yes, as did shaun in his winning run, but despite that fact, i think shaun won. however, mason was bringing it, and i enjoyed watching him more.

I am so pissed at the xgames.. There is no fucking way shaun white should have won. Scotty lago's first run was off the hook. Also Vito's last run should have deffintly been the winning run. He was going crazy. The judging was so rigged. They are so biased of shaun white winning. Look at his last run. He dragged his hand on the last 10 and still got a higher score than his first. I have givin up on the xgames.. its a popularity contest and who can throw the most 1080s.

we all knew it was a popularity contest already, its the fakest competition in snowboarding. the olympics will be the same way becuase they're designed by TV and officials not snowboarders. Look at the good competitions, the Artic Challenge, Nixon Jibfest etc - all rider driven, all sick and creative and have a lot of progression. Not the same canned shit over and over.

Pipe better be good tonight. I love though that Espn postpones DIRTbike event for the Winter X games, and doesnt postpone ski slopestyle.Its so stupid that is was just a big air. And DIRTbikes shouldnt be in the fucking x games.

i agree... they ahve their place in the summer games... i dont see skiers in the summer games so i dont want to see dirtbikes in the winter games

i agree... they ahve their place in the summer games... i dont see skiers in the summer games so i dont want to see dirtbikes in the winter games

Like I said in another post its all about the RATINGS. It seems to me that snowboarding isn't really seen as an "EXTREME sport" anymore, jumping dirt bikes still is, hence its showing at the X-games. I don't agree with it at all, but thats just how things are now.

i just cant get over the fact that so far, everything has been about one trick. skiers and boarders were all about the 1080 variations. the bikers were all about the backflip combos. it gets really boring. at least with board/skis the person has his/her own style when they spin. bikers can only really do one thing. even thought they throw a gay ass x-up in there, it still looks exactly the same as everyone elses.

the x games are all about shaun white. even durign other runs they talk about how he isnt in the finals yet. WHO CARES??? they dotn announce that for anyoen else. mason had so much style and shaun was pretty much just hucking. I think a super tweaked 7 should top a flailing 10. and yeah the only events shoudl be snowboard best trick, park, and pipe and same with skis. no snomobiles and dirt bikes

Vito's last run was awesome. I'm pretty sure at this stage he can't really put together a run better than that. Unfortunately, he's a little guy who doesn't even get close to boosting anywhere near as high as the older guys. He's going to be a serious threat once he grows up.

The days of "hucking" 10s in the pipe are almost over. It pains me to say it, but JJ was one of the (if not the only) guy really "hucking" tens. As far as I'm concerned, if you have enough control to grab nose/tail on a ten in the pipe it's not a huck.

I agree that the ten is becoming the new backflip in snowboarding (in terms of it being the only trick that people who don't snowboard will mention). If you're tired of watching back to back tens, stop watching competitive halfpipe. The level of competition is at the point where you're going to have to get that tech to win/place. If you really want to knock out someone who's doing clean back to back tens, you're going to have to go at least 15 feet out on every air and probably combo a pair of nines.

On a final note, BACKSIDE TEN. Do you guys have any idea how ridiculous that is? Granted he didn't spin a full ten, but nobody does. Why do you think so many people were losing their heel edges? White deserves the gold for halfpipe.

Edit P.S. If you're tired of seeing White before/after commercial breaks you must be sick of watching televised sports in general. When you watch a Lakers game they show Kobe. When you watch Eagles games they show McNabb. Why? Because they're superstars. They're who people want to see.

Edited by DHarrisburg

I dude I was riding the lift with said that Shaun White is over-rated. He's like the Tiger Woods of halfpipe plus awesome at Slopestyle and skateboarding. He deserves all the attention and the money. He's also such a good sport. Only 69 minutes until more X games action...can't wait... :rock

funny, they said the same thing on TV :rolleyes:

Dude DHarrisburg nailed it.. he knows whats up i mean come on backside 10? thats just insane.. and his slopestyle was just ridiculous haha you guys go out there and throw a 9, switch 10 and 2 regular 10s in a slopestyle comp.. not to mention the last 10 he did was just insane and he stomped the landing like it was his jump.. so sick hahaha White is the man i dont care what you guys say he deserved to win both