Right of Way

MCRX

Ok so today up at blue i was trying to 5050 to gap 5050 on the battle ship and i needed pretty much speed and i started pretty high up the hill off the mound of the up to flat and then this kid was going in front of me so i swerved around him and went on the battle ship yada yada we both fell and were both pissed at one another his friend was talking crap to me too, but anyway since i started farther up the hill it was all my rail right? and i was yelling drop drop pretty loud also

Ok so today up at blue i was trying to 5050 to gap 5050 on the battle ship and i needed pretty much speed and i started pretty high up the hill off the mound of the up to flat and then this kid was going in front of me so i swerved around him and went on the battle ship yada yada we both fell and were both pissed at one another his friend was talking crap to me too, but anyway since i started farther up the hill it was all my rail right? and i was yelling drop drop pretty loud also

yea you have the rightaway you called the drop.

actually. Pohachek called his drop as well. i was standing next to him. just because you were going faster doesnt mean you have the right of way. yeah maybe you called your drop, but i didnt hear and it neither did he. next time make sure there isnt anybody there. sometimes you cant hear people call their drop if they are that far behind you... how would you like it if somebody came from nowhere and cut you off?

just make sure there isnt anybody there if you are going to do that

Hey --- I am going to get one of those air horn things.. to hell with calling drop - with todays helmets and mp3's and focus on what is below and nobody not respecting the code that also says look up before entering.. I think a train whistle/horn might be a better solution.

I tell my kid scream drop and continue to call it for the idiots that don't look up when someone is starting cut in front of him and he has already dropped in. It's a problem that can only be solved by having designated (painted or fenced) drop in points.

actually. Pohachek called his drop as well. i was standing next to him. just because you were going faster doesnt mean you have the right of way. yeah maybe you called your drop, but i didnt hear and it neither did he. next time make sure there isnt anybody there. sometimes you cant hear people call their drop if they are that far behind you... how would you like it if somebody came from nowhere and cut you off?

just make sure there isnt anybody there if you are going to do that

haha nevermind now that i kno who is who u cut off. which one was it mikovots steven or kevin?and it was prlly worth who was talking shit

The right of way goes to the person that looked around and made their drop known to others who are near the feature. One cannot call a drop on Lower Sidewinder to drop into the Terrain Run's first jump. If you are far away you should have a buddy let your drop known to the people closer to the feature.... if you are starting that far away you really should have a spotter anyway.

heh.. calling drop doesn't work half the time anyways. Ppl look at u like huh? n then they just go ahead in front of u. I see this mainly at the top of the lower park.

As for hitting the left side n dropping from the boarder-x [the only way to clear it], the other nite we had about 5 of us go down to clear the way for the guys up top, n ppl STILL wouldn't listen. We were screaming. It's so frustrating.

Last Thursday it was toward the end of the night and I was waitin to hit 55ft booter at the new wide section and i yelled drop as loud as I could towards a group of ski patrol who was standing to the left of the landing and they all looked up at me so im pretty sure they heard me so i went and hit the jump and while i was in the air one of them skied right onto the landing. I was headed straight for him. I missed him by about a foot. I think Ski patrol should be educated in the rules of the park and if they already are it would be nice for them to set and example and follow them correctly. In the end all I could do was laugh cuase he started yellin at me and i started yelling then i just rode away.

Let's face it. From what I've seen the mountains don't really give a crap. The only way to keep idiots out of the way would be to have the path to the jump (or Whatever) blocked off with rope or a fence of sorts. I don't spend much time in the parks (a waste my 1080's) but the few times I have hit a jump I always seem to be cut off anyway.

I think if enough people would just stiff-arm the ones who get in the way, eventually they would get the point.

All in all I blame the mountains. It's all about making as much money, as fast as possible. (can't blame them for that)

They throw together a park to get the increased revenue and then safety comes later after people have been hurt.

If this were a job OSHA would have their asses. They sould limit the amount of risk as much as possible before they open a new park or trail. That way you are in control you and there is no need to worry about others.

But, like me peoble are still gonna fall and get hurt. That the parks can not fix.

All in all I blame the mountains. It's all about making as much money, as fast as possible. (can't blame them for that)

But, like me peoble are still gonna fall and get hurt. That the parks can not fix.

the mountains could make money off of the parks though (park passes) they could even put like vending machines out there haha.

and if people keep gettin hurt it will be because they tried a new trick, or didnt do something right. not because someone got in their way.

I really don't care how big your crew is or w/e, if that fat kid wants to throw down lets throw down, i was kinda pissed at the whole situation like seriously people talk shit so easily and it was just uneccisary, i needed more speed to do the trick i wanted to do and there was no way i was going to be able to get that much speed from starting where u guys were starting w/e fuck it

and seriously its not like u guys have never seen me up there before

shit happens

and park kid or w/e ur name is its so hard to board slide to gap on that cuz u need speed i can 5050 to 180 switch 5050 , 5050 to front board 5050 to tailslide

I dont' really wanna have and bad blood with anybody at blue but w/e

I really don't care how big your crew is or w/e, if that fat kid wants to throw down lets throw down, i was kinda pissed at the whole situation like seriously people talk shit so easily and it was just uneccisary, i needed more speed to do the trick i wanted to do and there was no way i was going to be able to get that much speed from starting where u guys were starting w/e fuck it

i understand that you needed more speed to do that. but make sure that people can hear you when you call your drop. i was standing right next to Pohachek who called his drop and i didnt hear you. if you are going to be doing that i would suggest waiting for it to be completely clear instead of swerving infront of somebody. no bad blood.... just giving you a suggestion so it doesnt happen again.