New Skis?

2 planker

unless you have a bunch of money, the BEST value out there right now are 06 fujis. theyre 199 at proctorjones. i have them and they kick ass. they hold up good on rails, got good pop, great dimensions. perfect.

oh, sizing. id say like 170-180.

Edited by Shadows

unless you have a bunch of money, the BEST value out there right now are 06 fujis. theyre 199 at proctorjones. i have them and they kick ass. they hold up good on rails, got good pop, great dimensions. perfect.

That is the best deal, from the best shop ever. I always go through proctorjones.com, they have the best prices and customer service.

Im 5'7 150lbs. I have 04-05 fujis 169cm. I wish i had the 179cm. So it doesnt really matter how tall they are compared to u. Its what u feel most comfertable with.

PS. My fujis are going on 80 days and theres not a single problem with them.

if you are looking for a good all mtn ski, check out the new PEs in a 169, or perhaps a 174 if you think you are going to grow a bit or gain some weight. that way, you have your old PEs (are they last years with the 80mm waist?) for your strictly park and rail ski, and the new, longer pair, for all mountain riding.

I'm in love with my Foils. not only are they amazing in the park, they are a great all-mountain ski (when they have edges). i think i'm going to get another pair next year and save them for real skiing and use the ones i ahve now as my beater pair

I agree the Foils are the way to go! Or last year 1080 can be picked up on E-bay fiarly cheap! Go with the Salomon TI bindings and you'll have a great VERY lightweight ski!

Enjoy and goodluck!

Personally, I think You're absolutely nuts getting on anything longer than a 170 at your weight. There's really no reason to do so, especially since most twins are a little bit wider, giving you more base area. Weight is a major consideration in sizing skis. I'll put it to ya this way, I'm 5'9", 195 pounds, and I'm on 169 Volkl Karmas. I'd think you'd want something agile and maneuverable for the park. Going any longer than 170 is just silly, in my humble opinion. At your weight, i think a 160 or 165 in whatever you decide to go with would be perfect. If you've got the cash to drop on them, I swear by my volkls. their dedicated jib ski is the Dogen, which you can pick up for around 400. If you want something thats sick in the park, and all over the mountain the Karmas are where its at. They picked up gold medals from ski magazine, and skiing. I wouldn't trade mine at all. Only downside- 600 for a twin thats sold flat is kinda steep.

Personally, I think You're absolutely nuts getting on anything longer than a 170 at your weight. They picked up gold medals from ski magazine, and skiing. I wouldn't trade mine at all. Only downside- 600 for a twin thats sold flat is kinda steep.

Park skis are different Metz.... if he mounts them in a progressive position then 165-175 will be ok for him. To give you an idea Nipples is 85lbs and on a 150cm His are mounted 1 cm behind center which is 1 cm in front of Manufacturers recomendations.

Our Volkl Karmas are under the radar and IMO the cadillacs of twins.. As you and I are both aware, it is a phenomenally well performing ski. I tuned them with a 3 degree side edge. Yesterday, it didn't matter, corn, ice, mashed taters... The performance makes my Line Darksides look like crap. I actually am going to run some Nastar gates with them.. I suspect something but won't know until I try.