Dynastar Skis

kragan

My buddy is a rep for Dynastar and can get me a great deal :wiggle . I am looking for some carving skis and found on their website the Contact S10. Here is what the site has to say about them:

CONTACT ST 10

Rider Profile

For technical on trail carving skiers who love to link perfectly executed turns

Advantages

Instant carving

Exaggerated, technical carving sidecuts, short radius = 13m

Responsiveness

Autodrive Rebound System plate

Grip and precision

Autodrive Technology, oversized sidewalls

Level

Technical skiers-Carve their best

Terrain

Piste

Technical Features

AUTODRIVE REBOUND SYSTEM

I am not sure what length to go with on skis that have such an exagerated side cut. I am thinking either a 165 or 172 :dunno Anybody have an opinion?

Thanks

Those are definitely going to be a fun ski. They're about the same as a slalom ski, only a bit softer. A 165 is going to be super quick edge to edge. They might become a bit of work... the longer length will be a bit more stable at higher speeds. Just my two cents. at 6 feet tall, I'd probably step up to a 170-something.

if you are 6 feet, i would go for the 172. i demoed a bunch of skis so far this year, and the best all around seemed to be in the mid 170 range for me, and i'm also 6 feet tall, and pretty skinny. the shorter length would be fun for running gates or in the bumps, but you'd probably want something a little more for ripping high speed turns down razors or challenge. the shorter ones will get you more of a workout however.

World cup slalom racers, before the new FIS rules were on 155cm slalom skis. Ski999 skis on 157cm slalom skis, I'm on 160cm's, and skidude is on 165's as per USSA regulations. Something with that sidecut is to be enjoyed in a shorter length. I can go just as fast on the 160's as I can on my 170's....

^ it totally depends on what you wanna do with the ski though. if he wants super quick turns, then yeah, go shorter, but if you want something thats going to handle crud, all mountain cruising, or faster, longer radius turns, then going for the longer size would work out better.