Question about rub on wax

bigdaddyk

I bought some rub on wax, for the heck of it. I did a search, but didn't find anything to answer my questions. Anybody know if using this rub on wax could have a negative effect? I was wondering if putting this on and not getting all of it off could actually slow me down. It came in a deodorant type container and it has a rough pad to rub it off. I almost bought a liquid type teflon wax. Is anybody familiar with that type? I was looking for something quick to use, to hold me over between hot waxes.

i really dont think that getting it all off would haev that much of an impact on your skiing. even if there was still some on, it would rub off after a day or two. i used rub-on wax once and didnt like it because it wore off more easily. i usually hot wax my skis once a week and that lasts longer and does a much better job, in my opinion.

Rub on stuff with last for about 500 feet. Hot wax? Maybe the whole trail. But it's the repeated waxings that make skis fast. I have 40+ waxings on my GS:11s, and they barely absorb any more wax :lol:

I used a dark black super hard molybendenum on Nipples skis last night due to the slow new man made snow. (He didn't have to pole and skate after I put it on to get speed on his in-run) He made 4 runs and it mostly appears to NOT wear off.. Certain waxes are made for certain conditions and stay well put. Now - that 40 gram block was $30 on normally costs about $60 (i bought it in the summer)..

I heard that the rub ons that you apply at room temp before you go out are supposed to last for the ski session - some of the swix rub ons. The real top coat fluoro stuff lasts about 4 turns. Pops, aren't moleb's good for hard crystals - like new snow and dry cold temps? What's better, graphite or moleb? And, which is better for what?

• 1 month later...

Well, I've been using rub on wax, by boardside down, for over a month now. I put it on every night before I plan on going skiing. It seems to be working ok. I don't buff it or cork it, I let the mountain do that part. I just crayon it on reallly good. I've noticed a difference since using it CONSTANTLY...the bases of my skis even appear to be "healthier" looking. I just thought I'd post this observation. Although, I still periodically get my skis hot waxed.