2006 Turino Winter Olympics

snorovr

Hello from Italy! I am staying in the alpine town of Sauze d'Oulx, the site of Freestyle skiing. Right down the road is the snowboarding venue and I'm not even gonna try to spell the name of that town. Today I worked at the Mens halfpipe and saw Shaun White take gold and Danny Kass take silver, it was amazing. I got a few pics and will try to post them sometime. Yesterday I worked the womens moguls and those girls can throw down like you would'nt believe. Right now we are working on the edit for the mens halfpipe which in about 7 hours should make its way to the states to be broadcast at 7pm eastern. Lemme try and post some pics...

Aight I couldn't figure it out, but there are a few that were taken by my roommate and they were posted on www.snowboard-mag.com just minutes after the comp ended, so check those out for sure. Anyway, thats all for now, and send some of that storm this way.

ya matt is my roommate here. He actually isnt with Snowboard Mag, we just let them use our pictures cuz we are friends with the guys who are out here from that mag. Hes shooting with a much nicer camera than mine, and it definitely shows in his photos.

snowboard mag is out here at the olympics. not snowboarder. snowboard mags online coverage has been awesome. ive watched those guys update their site within minutes of competition ending complete with photos.

yeah its kinda weird. the place I ski at is actually further up the mountain, and the town is above the course, at the base of the public ski area. its a little confusing, because they didnt build the course on an existing ski hill, they just kinda built it on the side of the mountain along the road up to the town. it cost like 9 million euro to build, pretty expensive.

The moguls are made with a combo of man and machine. They have two winchcats with tillers on the back that are able to form a basic mogul shape. I believe camelback purchased something like that this year, I know they got a winchcat but Im not sure if they got a mogul maker or anything. Then they use course workers to build the jumps, and shape the moguls, until they get it how they want it. Then they just use regular ole skiers to form the lines through the bumps and to test it out. It looks pretty perfect when its all done.

No Blue doesnt do Barneys Bumps this way. It is the way they should do it, and hopefully will get some equipment in the future to do it like that. Blues bumps form naturally from the turns of skiers and boarders. They just dont ever groom that side of Main street, and the bumps form. big icy bumps of death.