The Anti-Bode

Ski

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Assasin, I've made skiing a JOB, and I couldn't be more stoked about it.

And by the way, I was at the same bars as Bode, having drinks from the same bartenders, and skiing the next day as well. When I first got out on the slopes, I felt awesome. But that hangover starts gettin to you, and you get tired way faster than usual. I have no idea if Bode is affected the same way I am, but I wouldn't doubt it.

When I first got out on the slopes, I felt awesome. But that hangover starts gettin to you, and you get tired way faster than usual. I have no idea if Bode is affected the same way I am, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Good reason to take 10 minutes getting ready and then just bomb the hill then, eh?

Good reason to take 10 minutes getting ready and then just bomb the hill then, eh?

Did you see the guys after they finished a 2 minute and 30 second course? Do you have any idea how long that is? Downhill going 60-80mph for 2 minutes, your going to be real tired by the end, so you don't need to do things to increase how quickly you get tired.

18 days!

Did you see the guys after they finished a 2 minute and 30 second course? Do you have any idea how long that is? Downhill going 60-80mph for 2 minutes, your going to be real tired by the end, so you don't need to do things to increase how quickly you get tired.

18 days!

Hey bud, this ain't my first big rodeo. I know exactly how long those courses are... although I'm not doing 60+ miles per hour, I'd probably need a drink to get the COURAGE to go that fast. One thing is for certain, however... a SLIGHT gust of wind can take you out of medal contention at that level of competition. There are PLENTY of things that could have cost Bode Miller, and perhaps 2-3 of those things are even close to his fault--not to mention the likelyhood that THOSE 3 had anything to do with it.

Sometimes people get BEAT, happens all the time.

Hey bud, this ain't my first big rodeo. I know exactly how long those courses are... although I'm not doing 60+ miles per hour, I'd probably need a drink to get the COURAGE to go that fast. One thing is for certain, however... a SLIGHT gust of wind can take you out of medal contention at that level of competition. There are PLENTY of things that could have cost Bode Miller, and perhaps 2-3 of those things are even close to his fault--not to mention the likelyhood that THOSE 3 had anything to do with it.

Sometimes people get BEAT, happens all the time.

Although it's kind of funny how slight gusts of wind seem to hit Bode over and over again, while everyone else makes it down just fine. In fact, take a typical Super G course. They had to change the rules for the starting order of SG's before last season. Because there are no training runs in SG (unlike DH), bib numbers were assigned that matched your FIS ranking. So, for instance, Maier would be bib #1, Walhoffer #2, etc...the problem was then that the race was pretty much over before it started. Maier would win, followed by the next ranked skier.

Why is this relevant?

Because it goes to show that there is tremendous consistancy outside the American Team. Racers don't fall in speed events very often and they often place very close to where they are ranked.

The FIS changed to a reverse 30 start order for SG, meaning the 30th ranked skier would go first. Crowds loved it, since the fastest track is often early, and you now have to really earn your win.

You are absolute right that the Olympics are a crap shoot. Any race is a crap shoot, when it comes to reaching the podiums. The competition is amazingly close among the top 12 racers. But that's also why doing a few shots the night before has so much of a negative effect.

Consider: Andrea Meade Lawrence, the first ever American woman to win alpine Gold, fell down in one of her slalom runs, yet still had the fastest combined time.

People look at Alberto Tomba's rep as a partier back in his day, but he later admitted it was all just an image...

And, just as a reminder, the Olympic Creed is as follows:

"The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well."

:nono

:lol

If bode switches to volkls, I might be able to get past it...Until then bash bode! :rofl

I agree with you on that one. But seriously... even if he doesn't care, he does better NOT CARING than those who DO CARE--until someone can TAKE HIS SPOT FROM HIM, it's his spot to do with what he chooses.

Step up, or shut up.

I agree with you on that one. But seriously... even if he doesn't care, he does better NOT CARING than those who DO CARE--until someone can TAKE HIS SPOT FROM HIM, it's his spot to do with what he chooses.

Step up, or shut up.

Bode Miller has single-handedly breathed new life into a stagnating sport with old-school values and traditions <cough> Don't judge Bode by what he says, but what he does on the hill.

What if.. All you Bode bashing ski racers who haven't accomplished what he has were bashed on, how would you feel? You haters set such a fine example, a fine example of what I want my kids to NOT grow and be.

Bode Miller has single-handedly breathed new life into a stagnating sport with old-school values and traditions <cough> Don't judge Bode by what he says, but what he does on the hill.

What if.. All you Bode bashing ski racers who haven't accomplished what he has were bashed on, how would you feel? You haters set such a fine example, a fine example of what I want my kids to NOT grow and be.

I never even cared that Skiing was an Olympic sport until this past year, honestly--and I skied from the time I was very little. It's a HOBBY of mine... aside from Freestyle and Moguls, I think skiers are prissy old ladies and preppy douchebags--I'm personally glad to see someone like Bode Miller in the sport. He shakes things up, and can carve on 1 ski at 60mph... thats pretty damn hardcore if you ask me.

Also, take note of when he falls and when he misses gates... he's always like a second ahead of the leader when it happens... so basically, when he dies, he dies hard. I wish I could say the same for other skiers at that level. If you aren't going fast enough to break every bone in your body when you fall, you aren't going fast enough. :rock

Umm ass and rob, saying that if you can't beat bode means you shouldn't be able to say anything about him seems pretty weak.

Rob you don't own Camelback, so stop hating on them because they have something you don't...No one wants to hear you bitch and moan about what they could do to become better...Following your logic that makes perfect sence, which makes you rob...well confused :)

Umm ass and rob, saying that if you can't beat bode means you shouldn't be able to say anything about him seems pretty weak.

Rob you don't own Camelback, so stop hating on them because they have something you don't...No one wants to hear you bitch and moan about what they could do to become better...Following your logic that makes perfect sence, which makes you rob...well confused :)

I don't pay 50 bucks for a lift ticket to Bode Mountain, likewise--I don't care what he does.

Complain all you want, but I implore you...

Crap in one hand and wish Bode Miller would give up skiing in the other hand--tell me which hand fills up first.

I never even cared that Skiing was an Olympic sport until this past year, honestly--and I skied from the time I was very little. It's a HOBBY of mine... aside from Freestyle and Moguls, I think skiers are prissy old ladies and preppy douchebags--I'm personally glad to see someone like Bode Miller in the sport. He shakes things up, and can carve on 1 ski at 60mph... thats pretty damn hardcore if you ask me.

Also, take note of when he falls and when he misses gates... he's always like a second ahead of the leader when it happens... so basically, when he dies, he dies hard. I wish I could say the same for other skiers at that level. If you aren't going fast enough to break every bone in your body when you fall, you aren't going fast enough. :rock

If you don't think that EVERY top World Cup racer skis all balls out on every run, then you don't watch much ski racing. Ever see Maier push out of the start? The World Cup point system is designed to favor people that win, over people that consistantly finish "just" in the top 10. Maybe Bode needs it to include "almosts" and "near finishes".

If you think all skiers other than freestylers and mogul skiers are "prissy old ladies and preppy douchebags", then what are you doing on this MB? You are surrounded by a bunch of douchebags.

Hmmmm...

You never even saw a USSA race until this year. You never even watched an FIS race. You have no idea who the USST coaches are, or what their teaching techniques are. You don't even know what Rahlves did in Europe before Bode began winning. Apparently, you never heard of Picabo Street.

It's funny to watch people get up on a soap box and proclaim something "old-school" and "stagnant" when they are TOTALLY ignorant of the subject.

BTW, everyone IS judging Bode by what he's doing on the hill: falling down.

You are surrounded by a bunch of douchebags.

Every day of my life, but I haven't left the country just yet. I still have hope that one-day you will realize the error of your ways, and return to a sense of "this is supposed to be fun"

In the end, thats what it's all about right... FUN? In the end, who cares if Bode wins or loses?

One less person for you to have to worry about in your bid to get to the top of the podium. This isn't a team sport, man. It's all about what he wants to do. He will still be sponsored, he will still be fast... and the beat goes on.

I swear, this reminds me of people being critical of the Speed Skater who didn't wanna do a relay... it's not a team sport, he's not a representative of the USA... the USA doesn't fall at 60 MPH... Bode Miller does, and those attached to his... uh... pole--they fall too.

Edited by Assassin

Ha, kinda tough to root for him when he doesn't even show up for four straight races.

Hes good at that. Just like when the rest of the US ski team shows up to train with a mountain team bode won't feel like it, and will just dick off by himself...

:blink:

haha - aren't message boards great?! :rock so tell me CB staff people, is the guy married? is it true that he is usually seen in the companionship of younger members of the same sex?

oh snap!! wait a minute... that doesn't have anything to do with anything. My bad, forget I asked.. sorry!

Edited by Papasteeze

Ahhhhhh..... the sweet smell of drowning in summer eve. :naughty I really love the stereotypical racer wannabe. BTW skidude, CB's General Manager does suck, literally; you were the one who told me that!

I never said that Rich Wiseman sucks, litterally. I have had encounters with him, and have not liked everything he has done, but I never said (or even implied) that he was gay. (For the record). Please don't make up slanderous comments about me.

How do you figure I'm a racer wannabe? Because I don't have 1042 Nastar resluts, because I'm not ranked top 3 in the state? Because I train every weekend, and try at races. Please explain.

haha - aren't message boards great?! :rock so tell me CB staff people, is the guy married? is it true that he is usually seen in the companionship of younger members of the same sex?

I don't really know the answer to that question. I've only ever seen him around work, and well... like all good pee-ons, I avoid the hell out of anyone that could fire me :lol