The Anti-Bode

Ski

Alright, so yeah, what exactly is a wanna-be racer? Would I be a wanna-be racer? Because I'm sorry, I don't really think you can tag anyone as a wanna-be unless they've never seen gates. I'm looking forward to the next race season. Here are the top 10 reasons

10.) We get to see how papasteeze does in the "beer league"

9.) Skidude will own everyone

8.) The friendly rivalry between Doug and I is so intense its bound to become a reality show

7.) I'm going to finish more slaloms than Bode

6.) Skidude might stop biting people and be able to take the bars off his helmet

5.) The Blue Mt. 6-pack will keep more skiers than you thought humanly possible flying down razors edge (see: chinese downhill)

4.) Ski999 is going to tear up his group in ASRA while wearing the dumb and dumber speedsuit

3.) The group of us will be able to convince doug to wear a speedsuit to karaoke at least once

2.) We might finally get to meet Jeff's boyfriend

and the number 1 reason I can't wait is....

1.) Zonked will be turning 18

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so yeah, what exactly is a wanna-be racer? Would I be a wanna-be racer? Because I'm sorry, I don't really think you can tag anyone as a wanna-be unless they've never seen gates. I'm looking forward to the next race season. Here are the top 10 reasons

8.) The friendly rivalry between Doug and I is so intense its bound to become a reality show

6.) Skidude might stop biting people and be able to take the bars off his helmet

5.) The Blue Mt. 6-pack will keep more skiers than you thought humanly possible flying down razors edge (see: chinese downhill)

4.) Ski999 is going to tear up his group in ASRA while wearing the dumb and dumber speedsuit

3.) The group of us will be able to convince doug to wear a speedsuit to karaoke at least once

Your too funny Metz :woot

Don't bash mountains for selling beer. I know and you know that its a terrible idea to drink and ski. You've got to face it though that we're not the ones spending the big bucks in the bars. For weekenders a trip to the poconos is 25% skiing 25% relaxing and 50% drinking. The ones who take advantage of the bars will be the ones who take maybe 5 runs a day, and spend the rest enjoying themselves in the lodge.

And yes you are hilarious Metz :lol

Edited by Schifdawg

That might have been the dumbest thing I have ever head, in my life. It takes balls to ski durnk....I feel like I just lost 5 points off my IQ saying that. It takes the same amount of balls to ski drunk as it does to drive drunk.

How you run your life is one thing, but I'm honestly kind of shocked that as a parent you encorage this kind of behavour, and encourage people to drink more. Well its not my kid thats going to be dead when his H12 hits a building because he was drunk when he got in to drive (maybe at 10 after he was done skiing drunk).

Whatever makes you happy man, its your life.

Actully I did call out a few of the sam adams people, as well as asked Camelback employees if Camelback condoned skiing and drinking, or skiing drunk. No one really knew what to say.

Don't worry, Bode got plenty of sleep. He slept from around midnight til 11...

I think the idea is to have a few beers after skiing...I personally bypass the bar at CB and head to Barley Creek instead.

I think the idea is to have a few beers after skiing...I personally bypass the bar at CB and head to Barley Creek instead.

So why doesn't the bar open at 5?

Why do the sam adams people try to get you to drink at lunch?

Why does rob encorage drinking and uhh anything?

woohoo party at my house! ha OoO and I can't wait to meet Jeff's boyfriend, Do you think he'll want to go shopping with me!?

So why doesn't the bar open at 5?

Why do the sam adams people try to get you to drink at lunch?

Why does rob encorage drinking and uhh anything?

Some people stop skiing before 5, myself included. As for Rob, he tends to go against the norm. If it was cool to ski drunk, he would be against it. :D

QUOTE(Papasteeze @ Mar 15 2006, 07:54 PM)

To have fun by annoying you. If people are dumb enough to drink and anything, then that is their perogative. Besides, it is fun to watch.

Its fun to watch for a little while, but its not fun to have to clean up their mess. especially if that mess is their injured body on the snow.

Edited by Schifdawg

To have fun by annoying you. If people are dumb enough to drink and anything, then that is their perogative. Besides, it is fun to watch.

I drink and ride all the time. I never drink and drive, however...

When I'm drinking, I tend to stick to greens and blues. Always when they are empty. There is a VAST difference in having a few beers and being fall down drunk, though... at least for me. Who knows, who cares. I know a LOT of locals that spend time in the bar before going back out and riding/skiing... it's not just the weekend crowd.

And name this "beer league" I'll be there with bells on--and my swerve on.

and THERE it is.

I drink and ride all the time. I never drink and drive, however...

When I'm drinking, I tend to stick to greens and blues. Always when they are empty. There is a VAST difference in having a few beers and being fall down drunk, though... at least for me. Who knows, who cares. I know a LOT of locals that spend time in the bar before going back out and riding/skiing... it's not just the weekend crowd.

How busy was Marc (a green trail) when Shadows had his accident on it? It sounded like there was all of 3 people on it. Most of CBs trails (especailly greens and blues from the top) are pretty skinny. Add that with trees on the side and slowed reaction time...Well, seems like a bad idea.

I would be more worried about someone after they had a few beers, than when they were so durnk they were falling down. After a few you can still basiclly function, just with increased reaction time. So you think you are fine, when really your not. If you can't get in your skis or ski for more than 5 feet without falling, that doesn't worry me too much about getting hit by you.

At the same time, I know a few of the Masters at Camelback who can actully ski better after about 2 or 3 beers. But uhh better for them isn't all that good.

Anyway, bad idea in my mind, but thats just me.

ASRA is the "beer league" in question.

Its actually a race series that takes place all over the east from PA and NJ up to VT. The "beer league" terminology is from a long dead post.

beer league isn't from PASR

How busy was Marc (a green trail) when Shadows had his accident on it? It sounded like there was all of 3 people on it. Most of CBs trails (especailly greens and blues from the top) are pretty skinny. Add that with trees on the side and slowed reaction time...Well, seems like a bad idea.

Shadows got hurt on Nile, which is double green--but in some spots I'd say it's got more pitch than raceway(the bottom, really)

If someone hits me, thats what I'm worried about. I get so edgy and scared when I ride(as I'm still new to riding) that I take a shot or two... I don't even get a buzz off of that. It's not like I am skiing drunk(though I have done that in Killington each time I've gone.) at Camelback. I wouldn't recommend anyone ski/ride drunk... but I know what my limits are and I don't push them on marked trails in the Pocono's

Shadows got hurt on Nile, which is double green--but in some spots I'd say it's got more pitch than raceway(the bottom, really)

If someone hits me, thats what I'm worried about. I get so edgy and scared when I ride(as I'm still new to riding) that I take a shot or two... I don't even get a buzz off of that. It's not like I am skiing drunk(though I have done that in Killington each time I've gone.) at Camelback. I wouldn't recommend anyone ski/ride drunk... but I know what my limits are and I don't push them on marked trails in the Pocono's

He was hit on Marc Antony...Not nile.

Go Bode go.."I have skied drunk, but I won't recomend it to people"

My ONLY skiing injury over 35 seasons (guessing about 12 million vertical feet) of skiing was after a few beers-with-chasers in the CB lounge. I hadn't planned to go out and ski again after that but I did. Fortunately the lesson only involved a few stitches and not a broken neck.

My ONLY skiing injury over 35 seasons (guessing about 12 million vertical feet) of skiing was after a few beers-with-chasers in the CB lounge. I hadn't planned to go out and ski again after that but I did. Fortunately the lesson only involved a few stitches and not a broken neck.

Speaking of ski injuries, did *N* get out much this season? How's his shoulder? Remember that picnic we had at the park before you left and I'd just dislocated mine? It's still a pain in the butt....and that was how long ago?

That sucks. If I'm even feeling a buzz, I won't step on my ski's at Camelback... but like I said, I can drink 3 beers and not be impaired. There have been times when I was fine to ski, but still took a cab the 5-6 miles to my house, though... mainly because laws and abilities to be in control don't match up.