The Anti-Bode

Ski

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

camelback.jpg

:lol

I stopped rooting for him, I think it was Bode's slalom run on the combined in Torino, when he was totally toast at the botom of the run. You could see his "training" was getting the better of him, pretty sad. I think he's got some serious problems, any one know why he didn't go to South Korea?

I seriously don't understand how ANYONE can defend Bode. He can't even defend HIMSELF!!! I would be the first to back him and support him if he gave a damn about skiing. Unfortunately, he doesn't. All he gives a damn about is being famous. Bode is no longer a skier. He's an icon for the partiers. You want to see some desire, and some good racing? Come out to an ASRA event and Bernie Resch catch 3 feet of air through the transition in the GS. Watch Mike Mezzetti take gold in the slalom, while wearing a chicken hat for a helmet. Hell, watch his wife toast most of the men. All of this just for a cheap medal that you could buy for 99 cents at the dollar store. For this reason, amateur sports will always be much more entertaining than professional sports. It appears that Ted Ligety hasn't forgotten his roots. At least to me it seems he's still in it because he loves it.

Bode doesn't give a rats ass about doing well, at this point. When he cared (or acted like he cared) people didn't bash him. He did fall or DQ in a lot of his slaloms, but not many people complained because he was going at it. Now he just doesn't care, but will take the free ride hes getting to olympic partying.

Ahhh.. the proverbial nail. -- living in a much more expanded world allows me to have tolerance and acceptance. Live and let live. Bode rocks! He has my utmost respect for what he has been able to achieve. No matter what happens now, nothing will take those achievements away.

in a way, i don't think this is true. in terms of his reputation in the general public he is not known as the great skiier who has won olympic medals - he is the guy who made an ass of himself at the olympics. he became a symbol for lackluster achievement from the americans at this year's olympics (although i personally feel that the US did very well).

i like watching him ski and think that he has a right to party. i don't think the partying affected him that much if that was what he's been doing even when he wins. i think he put himself in a position (by agreeing to do all the interviews and having highly visible advertisements running during the olympics) that lead him to crumble under pressure. he made himself sound weird and gave off the attitude that he didn't really care, but i think he just choked.

i don't think the partying affected him that much if that was what he's been doing even when he wins.

UST coaches listed Bode as 30lbs heavier than when he began his Overall Title season. Heavy skiers aren't at any particular disadvantage; in fact, Anja Paerson is one of my favorites and still has a shot at the women's title:

SPORT-09s11parson.jpg

But to add 30lbs. you're not used to carrying? That could very well be part of it.

UST coaches listed Bode as 30lbs heavier than when he began his Overall Title season. Heavy skiers aren't at any particular disadvantage; in fact, Anja Paerson is one of my favorites and still has a shot at the women's title:

SPORT-09s11parson.jpg

But to add 30lbs. you're not used to carrying? That could very well be part of it.

the extra weight helps with the downhill, but probably hurts everything else. but 30lbs is a lot of weight to gain in a short period of time. that doesn't have to be a result of partying though. he could be eating tubs of ice cream alone while crying in his mobile home unit.

...any one know why he didn't go to South Korea?

Every year, the WC Tour heads to Asia for two weekends, prior to coming back to Europe for Finals. Some racers skip the long flight to Korea and Japan, unless they are in contention for either individual discipline titles, or the Overall title. It would have been a great place for Bode to pick up lots of easy points and keep Raich from clinching. I've only heard speculation as to why he blew it off, though...

but will take the free ride hes getting to olympic partying.

Free ride? - all of you are just jealous! All of you would cry if you worked your butts off, made the olympic team and then had nothing to go to except ski patrol - there is not one of you who wouldn't say that the world owed you something if you had acheivements like Bode. The vocal wannabe majority get on their soap box and bash those on top?? The ski team has no pension fund. Let the guy be! He was right, he didn't want to ski the olympics. He did it to squash all the negative naysayers. Now you all have the fodder you were looking for..

By bringing the subject of Bode up - you only serve to satisfy what you say you loathe and that is his achieving enough noteriety and fame to capitalize. If you all think that badly of him. then give the guy what you say he deserves and quit fueling the fires and bringing him attention. Because the more attention he gets the more successful he is going to be with marketing himself.

Go Bode GO!

Free ride? - all of you are just jealous! All of you would cry if you worked your butts off, made the olympic team and then had nothing to go to except ski patrol - there is not one of you who wouldn't say that the world owed you something if you had acheivements like Bode. The vocal wannabe majority get on their soap box and bash those on top?? The ski team has no pension fund. Let the guy be! He was right, he didn't want to ski the olympics. He did it to squash all the negative naysayers. Now you all have the fodder you were looking for..

If I was on the USST I would be happy. I would be phsyced to be able to represent the US in an event that the whole world watched. And if I was representing the US I would uhh whats that three letter word I'm thinking about...uhh try. Yeah thats the word.

Bash those on top? Ted, D$, Koz, Kildow, Rothrock, Schleper, Scholopy, Knight, Macartney...Whos bashing them? D$ had potental to medal in the DH, and didn't. No one is bashing him because he tried, he trained, and he didn't act like a dick.

If he doesn't want to ski in the olympics or for the USST, then GET OFF THE TEAM AND LEAVE A SPOT FOR SOMEONE WHO DOES.

Couldn't say it any better, 'Dude. Every one of Bode's sponsors is feeling ripped off right now. How about those Bode/Visa commercials during the Olympics? They spent millions on him and the spots, but he'd already DNF'd by the time most of them were on. I don't think I've ever seen anything so pathetic.

Sportsmanship and character count.

And you can be an individual and have fun on the Tour. Look at the American women, for example. They wore big beaded necklaces and tiaras...and they all said they had a blast without boozing until 3am...and Mancuso brought home a GS Gold.

...and they all said they had a blast without boozing until 3am...and Mancuso brought home a GS Gold.

Actually, Bode Miller said he had been out "experiencing the village" the night before.

Guess what, that doesn't mean he was drinking. That is your assumption.

Noone was this upset when Snowboarding entered the olympics and the Canadian promptly failed his piss test for pot. In fact, it boosted the sport of snowboarding--if anything, it's the MAIN reason it got so freakin big. There were no Shaun White's making millions at that point. They were people getting stoned and riding.

Let me put it this way:

Shut your mouth.

Bode Miller can beat all of us down any mountain, on 1 ski, with a hangover... until you make the WC tour, shut your mouth. Despite all of his "drinking" and being a badass, he's STILL ranked about 3284234724382 spots higher than YOU are. In my book, that means that he can decide what his "training" should look like.

What about the Visa commercial for that stupid chick that couldn't even pull a Method for the gold? I bet Visa is kicking themselves in the ass for that one, too...?

Actually, Bode Miller said he had been out "experiencing the village" the night before.

Noone was this upset when Snowboarding entered the olympics and the Canadian promptly failed his piss test for pot. In fact, it boosted the sport of snowboarding--if anything, it's the MAIN reason it got so freakin big. There were no Shaun White's making millions at that point. They were people getting stoned and riding.

Let me put it this way:

Shut your mouth.

Bode Miller can beat all of us down any mountain, on 1 ski, with a hangover... until you make the WC tour, shut your mouth. Despite all of his "drinking" and being a badass, he's STILL ranked about 3284234724382 spots higher than YOU are. In my book, that means that he can decide what his "training" should look like.

What about the Visa commercial for that stupid chick that couldn't even pull a Method for the gold? I bet Visa is kicking themselves in the ass for that one, too...?

He was 'experiencing the village' from the bar...And not waking up until 11 for a 12 start, doesn't have the time to inspect the course condtions, or take warm up runs.

The way I see it, he is only ranked 1472 spots infront of me, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to comment on how he acts. Every year when I register with USSA the hundrid bucks goes partly to support the USST athletes, and if they don't care about what they are doing, then I don't want to support them. Luckly for the USST I like all the other peeps on it.

Let me put it this way:

Shut your mouth.

It's not an assumption, it's out of Bode's own mouth. You should probably know something about the subject before getting all hatefull:

"I was out pretty late drinking, but didn't get really drunk or anything. We've been having a lot of fun."

And it's not about beating us, it's about beating World Cup racers. You know: his JOB.

Shut who'se mouth? Are you seriously that upset over some drunk guy on the World Cup? A lot of us are disappointed in Bode...we wasted time rooting for someone that now says he'd rather party than win.

And Skidude, Jeff, Skierboi, and several others would have beaten Bode in 11 out of 13 slalom races this year. Unless, of course, they were as hung over as Bode and fell down, too.

It's not an assumption, it's out of Bode's own mouth. You should probably know something about the subject before getting all hatefull:

"I was out pretty late drinking, but didn't get really drunk or anything. We've been having a lot of fun."

And it's not about beating us, it's about beating World Cup racers. You know: his JOB.

Shut who'se mouth? Are you seriously that upset over some drunk guy on the World Cup? A lot of us are disappointed in Bode...we wasted time rooting for someone that now says he'd rather party than win.

And Skidude, Jeff, Skierboi, and several others would have beaten Bode in 11 out of 13 slalom races this year. Unless, of course, they were as hung over as Bode and fell down, too.

Idk about that...Skierboi actully went at the courses and took a few tumbles unlike my whimpy @$$ that finished every SL race

A 5th place at the Olympics--that means that he beat about 40 other WORLD CLASS ATHLETES... the fact that none of the other men on the tour for the US placed respectably is completely LOST on you.

His JOB?

The day that skiing becomes a JOB is the day that you should quit, bro. It's a sport, it's a hobby, it's a family activity--IT'S ANYTHING BUT A JOB. He's a grown ass man, in a SPORT. He didn't ask you to respect him, he didn't ask you to agree with him, he didn't ask you to CHEER for him.

Those are ALL *YOUR* CHOICE.

He still qualifies better than you do, so I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. The day that you are even on the same mountain as Bode Miller is the day that your opinion of Bode Miller might matter. Until that day, all you have is an opinion, which doesn't really matter in the scheme of things.

Why don't you focus on who might WIN for the US? Why focus on someone who doesn't seem to WANT you to focus on him? He's only as important as you make it.

blah blah drinking blah blah course inspection blah blah.

He only took like 15 minutes to inspect a course that he'd run like 12 times that week(in competition), and inspected at least 12 times prior to those races... basically, he's running down the mountain to see if the conditions had changed... does that take an HOUR?

No. that takes 15 minutes. Rahlves*sp* took about 23 minutes to inspect the entire course, btw.

and he showed up like 5 minutes prior to Bode. So let's not place all the blame on Bode. Because Bode wasn't out partying by himself.

Edited by Assassin

First of all, for being such a screw up--he's still in 3rd in the World Cup Standings... how are you doing this season for the world cup standings?

Bode Miller is a badass, and only a badass speeds up, when the rest of us are slowing down.

And FYI, they tested some of Lance Armstrongs urine from 3 Tours ago--it tested positive for a substance that is currently illegal, but wasn't the season before... so technically, he was doping--though legally. He's a cheater.

You might need a fact checker, or to do a little research before typing. Bode's a DISAPPOINTING 6th in the standings, not third. He could have been third, but he ran away from the tour in some sort of fit.

Badass Bode speeding up?

Here's how Bode's been speeding up in his latest races:

DNF

6th

DNF

DSQ

DSQ

DNF

All of us on this MB won just as many medals at Turin as Bode did, if you really want to look at it that way. But, seriously, do you never question anyone who is an expert in their field? Just because a cop knows the traffic laws, are they always right? Is everything a teacher does always right, just because they are teachers?

And bashing Lance? You and Bode are quoting a story in the French tabloid L'

Bode Miller is only disappointing to those who place faith or money in Bode Miller. I have done neither.

I'm just not a detractor like you are--I'm simply saying to not waste your breath. Talk about those who are winning world cup events, not those who aren't.

There are a million different reasons why Bode might not have won a gold medal in Torino--and only 2-3 of those are even potentially his fault... lots of people fell, didn't finish, missed gates, looked dead tired, etc at the bottom of that hill.

christ, look at the courses and tell me you could have done better, or even ran within 2-3 seconds of him.

Bode Miller is only disappointing to those who place faith or money in Bode Miller. I have done neither.

I'm just not a detractor like you are--I'm simply saying to not waste your breath. Talk about those who are winning world cup events, not those who aren't.

There are a million different reasons why Bode might not have won a gold medal in Torino--and only 2-3 of those are even potentially his fault... lots of people fell, didn't finish, missed gates, looked dead tired, etc at the bottom of that hill.

christ, look at the courses and tell me you could have done better, or even ran within 2-3 seconds of him.

I bet I could have finished it :unsure:

19 days!!

I bet I could have finished it :unsure:

19 days!!

19 days!!!!!!

And Assassin: peace, okay? And just for the record, I'm roughly 13% slower than Bode. Jeff is closer than that in GS, while 'Dude is about 8% behind Bode.

But in 19 days, 'Dude has a shot to knock off a World Cup GS winner!!!! 19 days!!

That is what I have been trying to say... haters hate...... shut up!! spread the love :rock

That is what I have been trying to say... haters hate...... shut up!! spread the love :rock

Spread the love or the bottle? I just wanna ski like Bode (unless he crashes)..,..So maybe I hsould go out and get drunk and I'll ski really well.

Hmm new thought...Was bode drunk when he signed with atomic :woot

19 days!!!!!!

And Assassin: peace, okay? And just for the record, I'm roughly 13% slower than Bode. Jeff is closer than that in GS, while 'Dude is about 8% behind Bode.

But in 19 days, 'Dude has a shot to knock off a World Cup GS winner!!!! 19 days!!

And not only that, but a combined Gold medal winner! The question is, after Ted goes, are any gates going to be left in the snow :confused