Better Ways to the Spend the Money than the 6-Pack

trackbiker

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok heres the scoop on whats happening. i talked to my boss today up at blue

the 6pack is deff going in and the challenge chair is either going to be used for parts for the vista chair or they are going to move it east for when they expand past paradise.

ok heres the scoop on whats happening. i talked to my boss today up at blue

the 6pack is deff going in and the challenge chair is either going to be used for parts for the vista chair or they are going to move it east for when they expand past paradise.

Man, that's what i called a while back. I'd go dig up the post, but screw that.

It looks like they are checking out new carpet styles in the top lodge, maybe you should help them make the right choice Justo.

do you have a personal vendetta against me or something? whats the deal? i dont know why you think i'm some pompous arrogant jackass or whatever conception it is you have in your mind. i know skiing, and i know design, and when the topics arise, i'll voice my opinion, as i have every right to do, just like you, but personal attacks on me? whats the deal? did i cut you off, yell at you for riding off the side of a lip, whats up?

How about a damn trash can under each lift. Trashy mountains do not impress rich people with lots of disposable income. Besides trash cans I think the best investment for any mountain is more trails. Cut more trails!!!! Please. A shiny new lodge is nice, but no one goes to the mountain for the lodge. The Condos will be cool, but I think Blue would do better with hotel rooms like BC. Who really wants to ski Blue for a whole week? I love the mountain cause it's pretty fun and relatively close but lets be honest, it is pretty small and can get boring after a few days. I wouldn't choose it for a vacation, but maybe that's just me. I think hotel rooms would give the "daytrippers" the opportunity to make their day trip a weekend trip. Keeping people at your mountain is never a bad thing. One final thing Blue should shell out some bucks for is a restaurant. I normally wouldn't suggest this for a ski mountain, but with onsite lodging it would be a good idea. Besides, it could potentially generate income off season if it is good.

Maybe a big tarp over the entire mountain to block the suns rays... :rock

yeahhhhhhh.. or put a huge bubble over the mountain, and air condition/freeze it for year round skiing. as many windows as possible, so it can still be sort of natural..

actually, how bout they just forget the idea of improvments, and provide all their dedicated customers with a couple hundred thousand $$$ to move to some place in utah or wherever they want with real mountains. :drool

oh but i guess they wouldnt really make any money off of that. oh well. :banghead

I've had a theory that Mountain Creek should build a 2nd half pipe indoors since they have a zaugg anyway, but its fairly obvious Intrawest doesnt' give 1 shit about the mountain, while places like Blue/Shawnee/Bear Creek do. The only thing saving MC from absoluete shit-dom is the park crew. Anyway, Blue seems to be spending money. How bout they put in a quad instead of a 6 pack. Then take the money they saved and build an aircraft hanger type building somewhere and put in an indoor super pipe. You can keep an ice rink cold and its just as big as a half pipe. You'd have to make the snow in the winter, but after that just cut it once in a while. In the winter push the snow around and remake it for the spring. You could charge hourly or just $30 something a day, and people will come for it. Don't even provide a lift, all they would have to pay for was air conditioning the thing which if its super insulated couldn't be a huge expense in comparison to the amount of people that would come.

A couple weeks rent it out to camps and stuff, people drop $1800 to go to windells, why not $700 to spend a week at Blue with a coach?