New Lift

Dominant05

replacing the doubles with a sixpack would be bad news. people have enough trouble getting on those slow lifts already. imaigine six noobs falling off of a highspeed six pack. that would be like putting a highspeed magic carpet on the bunny hill.

:lol Funny though, as long as you're going to the base, past that. It would make sense, but i think it's better off at the base.

screw it, lets just put in a tram :naughty

Or a HUGE magic carpet. I just thought of this (actually, like a few years ago) They should put a magic carpet on the deck of a halfpipe, go up and stall it, travel uphill, and drop back in- sickest nosestall ever. Don't even get me started about handplants!

what they should have done is made the tripple chair another 50 yards higher so you could use it to get to the park. but they decided to waste their money on a tripple chair for a hill that nobody uses.

For a hill that they only blow snow on half of......

actually it wont. have you skied at blue lately? half of the people who cant get on or off of the lift are noobs who dont know whtat the hell they are doing. it is not easier to get on and off for these people because they suck in general. keep them on the slow lifts. detachable lifts are made to be easier so they dont have to stop, but with the people who suck, they still stop and piss everybody off.

Or a HUGE magic carpet. I just thought of this (actually, like a few years ago) They should put a magic carpet on the deck of a halfpipe, go up and stall it, travel uphill, and drop back in- sickest nosestall ever. Don't even get me started about handplants!

I've been saying something similar to this for years now. However, my opinion is a sick jib park with magic carpets next to each jib so you can session them and not get so tired from the hiking.

It's not that detachable lifts are harder to get on, they're harder to get off. Actually not necesarily harder to get off, its just that there is less momentum getting off and the disaster cases pile up right there instead of getting their ass booted farther down the hill. On a normal chair if the people fall, they wind up at the bottom of the hill and the people after them can avoid them half the time anyway so the chair doesn't stop, on a detachable lift they fall like right there and block it all up.

I dunno, either way its not the lifts fault. Somehow even gondola's stop I really don't understand that one.

yea I haven't fallen getting off a lift in 3 years, which considering i snowboard and teach a lot of new people is an accomplishment cuz new snowboarders wipe out everyone. Actually my friend straight up pushed me once this year for the hell of it but that doesn't count. And the lift didn't stop cuz i got my ass out of the way quick, but yea, the best are the times i took the bunnyhill lift becuase it doubles as a jib park lift at mountain creek, and its so damn slow and the people coming off the top still die all the time its amazing

think combination of the most rediculously dressed park rats (we have 200 guys thinking they are the next street jeremy jones with the airblaster and neon colors and basketball jersey overload) right next to the gapers who wear the NY Giants football jacket skiing and pizza down on their rentals sharing a lift, it really is classic

Here at Steamboat the Gondola stoped at least twice two diff. days. Its because people can't get thier skis out of the holder on the doors while the gondola is moving. :banghead

gondolas cause me trouble because the baskets are never big enough for my skis. the tails are turned up, so i at least have to split them, and usually they are too wide to fit as well, so i have to bring them inside the gondola. you would think some lift manufacturer would make a newer basket to fit wider skis that are far more common today, especially out west at places like steamboat.

think combination of the most rediculously dressed park rats (we have 200 guys thinking they are the next street jeremy jones with the airblaster and neon colors and basketball jersey overload) right next to the gapers who wear the NY Giants football jacket skiing and pizza down on their rentals sharing a lift, it really is classic

that description is so dead on. i couldnt deal with that mountain; its way too crowded. you have to worry more about other people hitting you than trying to land your trick.