BEWARE Dr. D's Wicked Wax

Ski

So I couldn't figure out the rear brake wiring for my Jeep and took it into the shop Friday morning, before my drive down to Blue. When I go to pick it up around noon, the mechanic calls me over to a corner of the garage and tells me he tucked my "stuff" under the passenger seat. I'm a regular customer of the place and they all know me pretty well.

"Stuff?" I asked.

"Yeah, Cole, you gotta be more careful," he whispers.

WTF, I think, and go over to my Jeep and rumage around under the seat for what he's talking about.

"D'oh!"

I pull out a plastic baggie marked "100 grams", stuffed with a fine white powder that I always keep next to my quick edge tuner on my passenger seat.

"It's ski wax," I tell my mechanic, who just winks at me, like I'm full of sh*t.

Ironically, I have found it to be pretty addictive, but only if it's over 25 degrees.

Keep and eye on eBay for it...there's two guys that sell comparable pure fluoros, but I like the Dr. D stuff better, plus he's from PA. I tested both at over 60mph and the Dr. D stuff was noticeably faster. On a typical weeknight Blue NASTAR course, it'll shave .5 seconds; on Montage's tuck course, it's easily .75 seconds faster. I use the 5-micron fluoro powder. Or just hit him up at:

http://www.racewax.com/

(Go to "products", then click on "Fluoro Powder & MicroFibers")

This is just an overlay that you cork on at the start area, but he's got equivalent low and high fluoro "hot waxes" much cheaper than the Swix I've been using, but there was no slightly funny story to go along with it.

So I couldn't figure out the rear brake wiring for my Jeep and took it into the shop Friday morning, before my drive down to Blue. When I go to pick it up around noon, the mechanic calls me over to a corner of the garage and tells me he tucked my "stuff" under the passenger seat. I'm a regular customer of the place and they all know me pretty well.

"Stuff?" I asked.

WTF, I think, and go over to my Jeep and rumage around under the seat for what he's talking about.

"D'oh!"

I pull out a plastic baggie marked "100 grams", stuffed with a fine white powder that I always keep next to my quick edge tuner on my passenger seat.

"It's ski wax," I tell my mechanic, who just winks at me, like I'm full of sh*t.

Ironically, I have found it to be pretty addictive, but only if it's over 25 degrees.

Keep and eye on eBay for it...there's two guys that sell comparable pure fluoros, but I like the Dr. D stuff better, plus he's from PA. I tested both at over 60mph and the Dr. D stuff was noticeably faster. On a typical weeknight Blue NASTAR course, it'll shave .5 seconds; on Montage's tuck course, it's easily .75 seconds faster. I use the 5-micron fluoro powder. Or just hit him up at:

This is just an overlay that you cork on at the start area, but he's got equivalent low and high fluoro "hot waxes" much cheaper than the Swix I've been using, but there was no slightly funny story to go along with it.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:sniffcrack: It'll make you fly....

I was going to change my name from skifreak to DaveK, but I figured that would be a bad idea. I hope I don't make you change your name to cisco1980.

Hehehehe...

Isn't DaveK at a waterpark in Arizona, now? Didn't they just have a like half a year without any rain, so there's major water restrictions?

Karma.

"Stuff?" I asked.

"D'oh!"

Phahahaha, you crack whore. :jk Thats pretty funny. I would be the same, but save some for myself and my "Friends" :ph34r::sniffcrack:

Isn't that the second time it has happened to you '999? Once in a HS parking lot...

Hehehehe...

Isn't DaveK at a waterpark in Arizona, now? Didn't they just have a like half a year without any rain, so there's major water restrictions?

Karma.

Hmm that name might have been banned, don't remember

He went to some waterpark and I forget where DaveyJ went. Missouri? If thats the case in AZ, I bet he's had enough time on his hands to eat a lot and now can't fit through doorway.

They both went to AZ...losers :woot

100 gms? That's nothing, I always have to warn the service guys (plumbers, etc.) that come into my place so they don't go talking around town about the scales, buckets of white powder, and the 200 pound barrel of powder in the corner. I expect to get raided one day.

Well, I was looking forward to posting here (just found this place last week), but I didn't think my first post would be on this topic :D

Is the stuff of yours that I've used, Dr. D's?

Yep.

well ski it looks like you've just been kicked off of your high place as the tuning expert. :welcome: Dr.D

Ha, I just drive skis...Dr. D's stuff makes them go fast. I'm not sure I make a very good customer, though, since I buy lots of his stuff cheap and give it away to all my buds. Eh, but I have always said where I got it...