The Pond

Cadillac

yea it was sick!!!! awww maannnnn the only problem i had was actuallt the exit, the entrance was good but i had too much speed each time so the lip really threw me, guess i should have not waxed....uhhh well i tried to 360 out off the little lip and i ended up cracking my ose on my snowboard, uhhh hyperextending my shoulder, and spraining my ankle, but i still went up and did it again, all in all kicked assssssss and need i say asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!1 :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post boblikescats... (heavy sarcasm) :confused

Constructive criticism is appreciated from people who actually tried to make it across from this point on.

I had a great time today, and yes I was on the clock so that made it that much better, I think I was anyway...

The only complaint I did hear is that some people were going multiple times before other people got to go once, which sounds like is what happened to Tretiak. From what I heard from people who participated, the top was kinda like a line for a jump in the park, you kind of just went whenever it was clear. So it was all up to the participants how many runs they took.

Huge thanks to everyone who participated, and big thanks to all of you who came out to watch. Hopefully this is a yearly event, we were already talkin about bigger ideas for next year.

I apologize for telling like it is.

If you need to hear the same thing in a different way they be sure to read post #25.

Sorry if I offended you of any of your co-workers but you do have signs all over the mountain that say "We want to hear what you think" (although for a different Reason)

Now get back to cleaning up the trash under the lifts. :lol (heavy sarcasm)

You weren't the MC were you?

If you need to hear the same thing in a different way they be sure to read post #25.

Sorry if I offended you of any of your co-workers but you do have signs all over the mountain that say "We want to hear what you think" (although for a different Reason)

No, he wasnt :) He was the guy in the yellowish jacket rakin the pond exit lip...

i mean they wre complaining about not enough people going in the water, what better than to put in a box or rail, now people can bust their face and get soaked.... its the 2 for one deal!!!

EDIT:or put a diving board up and let peeps jib thad fall in and skim out or fallin and not make it lol

Edited by enjoytheride_dc

No worries man. I just called you out because I didn't really see how someone who didn't even participate could "tell it like it is." I just don't really see how your post, the overwhelming majority of which was negative in nature, was a positive contribution to the topic. Blue hears positive things, they want to do more. Blue hears negative things, well you get the jist. Thanks for the trash comment by the way, need I comment on your skiing?

No worries man. I just called you out because I didn't really see how someone who didn't even participate could "tell it like it is." I just don't really see how your post, the overwhelming majority of which was negative in nature, was a positive contribution to the topic. Blue hears positive things, they want to do more. Blue hears negative things, well you get the jist. Thanks for the trash comment by the way, need I comment on your skiing?

yo trevor sup, its rob...yea that snowball on sunday was intended for kenny yea well no worries c ya next year

oh yea as for the critisizum part, nice job trying to keep the exit nice and cean, next time dont make the skim side so steep, i mean it was easy to straight it out but if you tried anything it was bad, cuz i crcked the nose of my board yea well warranty time peace

i completely agree. i dont see how somebody who didnt participate in the event can criticize it. i dont know of any people that participated in the event that didnt enjoy it the way it was, and if somebody didnt enjoy it, there is something wrong with them because it is by far the best thing Blue has put out there since i have been skiing there.

my only gripe was that stupid duck that the rental shop people let loose right in front of me. holding a grudge, perhaps?

I was standing right near them when they did it, they had no way of knowing you were coming next, they didnt even have a view of the start, but the tuber and the duck was stupid.

i completely agree. i dont see how somebody who didnt participate in the event can criticize it. i dont know of any people that participated in the event that didnt enjoy it the way it was, and if somebody didnt enjoy it, there is something wrong with them because it is by far the best thing Blue has put out there since i have been skiing there.

I see all of your points. But if you would have read my first comment (Post #2)I was trying to insinuate that I would have done it had the transition been designed better. I try to do things with a little common sense. I saw the obstacle and realized that if I didn't have enough speed with the lack of a straight line approaching the pond, I would have eaten it at the transition. It's that simple. I'm not stupid and I know my ability. I also have no bruises or broken bones because of it. I also don't have mommy and daddy to wheel me around while I heal and miss school. It's called common sense and responsibility. Some of you will figure it out someday.

I'm sorry that no one was able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that all they had to do was fill up the pond more or leave the hose running while the event was happening.

Like I said, I call it like I see it. If I don't appeal to your positive outlook on life and Blue Mountain then don't read my posts.

I thought that this forum was about telling the truth and not getting the "Yep we are 100% open with a 90 inch base on every trail" crap that you get when you call.

Maybe I was a little confused.

Otherwise... Blue Mountain, this season, did have the best conditions overall for the longest period of time especially considering the weather this year. I would still recommend Blue Mountain to anyone who wanted good value for their money in this area.

...Regardless of what their employees think or say about my posts.

and next year make the pond longer and the approach more straight without the wall at the end and I'm definitely in. Also, where else can you see boobies in bikini's in the middle of winter :yes

dude... a 4yo did it, twice. i think you could have handled it.

Glad ya think so. Check the video in this forum. Every one that f'ed up hit the ledge at the end of the pond.

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4303

Maybe you and I didn't see the same thing but the video shows a couple of good examples of what I'm talking about.

4 years olds also fall, bounce and keep going....I'm a little bit older than your average 4 year old.

Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe you could provide some lessons?

Ski I come on this board as just another snowsports addict. Blue Mountain has in no way made me a representative of any kind, nor have I asked to be one. Sure I am slightly biased towards some aspects of the mountain when conversing about certain topics, but you can be sure that my bias goes both ways. I have had some bad experiences up there along with great ones. It is just the place that I happen to ski at the most. Employees of mountains who post on these boards seem to do a good job of representing their mountains in usually respectful ways, and are great to have due to their insider knowledge.

"I try to do things with a little common sense. I saw the obstacle and realized that if I didn't have enough speed with the lack of a straight line approaching the pond, I would have eaten it at the transition. It's that simple. I'm not stupid and I know my ability. I also have no bruises or broken bones because of it. I also don't have mommy and daddy to wheel me around while I heal and miss school. It's called common sense and responsibility. Some of you will figure it out someday."

I'm pretty sure that most of the people on this board are not eight, so don't address them like they are, it just makes your argument weaker in their eyes. I tried to use my common sense to keep that lip covered with snow so that it would be easy to come out of, or as soft as possible to fall on. The only people that hit that lip and got hurt were the people who were going fast and leaning too far forward and ended up face planting it. The people who hit it succesfully, which seemed to be the majority might I add, simply popped right off of it and landed softly.

"I'm sorry that no one was able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that all they had to do was fill up the pond more or leave the hose running while the event was happening."

Did you see how much water was being displaced while the event was underway? A hose was put into the pond about halfway through the event, but unfortunately a foot long tear in the liner that occured late in the event kept them from being able to keep up with the drainage and so the level wasn't quite as high as they hoped, but people still had no problem clearing the pond...

"I thought that this forum was about telling the truth and not getting the "Yep we are 100% open with a 90 inch base on every trail" crap that you get when you call."

Whose been lying to you? All anyone has given you is facts... I guess my big problem with your posts has been the negative nature of them. I guess I just don't like to hear people complaining about a laidback, free, and amusing event. It wouldn't have mattered if this event took place at any other mountain, but you're just kind of being the dude that ruins everyone elses good time, and I woulda called you on it anyway.

Ski I come on this board ......event took place at any other mountain, but you're just kind of being the dude that ruins everyone elses good time, and I woulda called you on it anyway.

I can see your point. My posts are negative at times (mostly) and unfortunately that's just me. I'm not trying to ruin anyone elses time, but simply providing feedback that will help the event grow into something great. If I would have made some suggestions to the guys at the pond well before it started, what do you think the response would have been, regardless of my approach or attitude.

I make decent money every day having a negative approach to things and the ability to find what I would consider to be flaws in things. In the future I will try to not piss on everyones parade here.

You did a great job keeping the lip as good as it could have been I just feel that it shouldn't have been as big as it was. I left after about 10 minutes so I didn't see the leak and .......

I also would say the the event being free is not entirely true. We skied Saturday and would have not been there sunday had it not been for the pond event. We purchased lift tickets along with many other just to see the event.

Anyway, I expect that next year's event will be even more interesting than this years. I also plan to participate. That way if I do have something to say others can't say "you didn't even try it" :lol