The Pond

Cadillac

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can tell it was their first time.

It was a good idea but I would have thought they would have used a little more common sense.

You had to come down and basically turn before you could cross if you didn't want to jump. It would have been better if there was a straight shot and the pond was longer. I guess vista wasn't wide enough to accomodate this...:lol

Next year I wonder if they are going to end the pond with a brick wall about a foot tall. That'll really make things interesting.

They could have filled it up more to make that transition a little less "dead stop like"

They also could have done without the jump. THAT IS WHY THEY CALL IT "POND SKIMMING" not JUMPING

I know I know....Your wondering, Did I do it?

Hell no! I would have ended up like the guy who looked like he was bleeding and got lots of love from the red jackets. I could see the ice wall at the end being a big problem. That's why I steered clear.

Oh by the way, the MC caling the shots was an idiot.

Next year, I vote for Doug on the MIC.

Edited by boblikescats

it looked like everyone doing it was blast...i saw tretiak in line, but i also saw the same person go three times while he was in line...so maybe he was just hanging out up at the start? But badass bunny was surely skiimmin the pond.......the jump made for some extra carnage, i got lotsa video, i even got doug going down the stairs, and then rappping at the bottom... :rock freeridintre was maning the lips

it looked like everyone doing it was blast...i saw tretiak in line, but i also saw the same person go three times while he was in line...so maybe he was just hanging out up at the start? But badass bunny was surely skiimmin the pond.......the jump made for some extra carnage, i got lotsa video, i even got doug going down the stairs, and then rappping at the bottom... :rock freeridintre was maning the lips

Sounds awesome, get that vid up on here soon!!

I can't believe I couldn't spot any of you guys up there today, I was there with my Daughter from 9 till 3 while my son was in ski school.

The pond skim was fun to watch and I actually thought the jump added something, some really nasty landings at the end of the pond.

Thanks to Blue for one more PA weekend, the conditions were "interesting" but we had a blast anyway.

mainstreet was best run of the day IMO, at times it felt like the place was closed it was so quiet.

a ton of people did

there were people diong backflips, switch 5s, some 7s, and even a 1080 was thrown into the water. i myself ate shit, but there were plenty of people that cleared it . one buddy of mine did a 3 and another did a lincoln loop. crazy stuff.

Edited by toast21602

The pond skimming was definitely cool. That "Lincoln Loop" was total bad ass, I couldn't believe it when I saw it. But the best was that 5-year-old kid that went across not once, but twice. Hopefully he's a future PASR member :rock

The MC was a total tool though. What got me the most was that he was smoking during the competition and throwing the cigarettes out right on the mountain in front of everyone, was he a Blue employee?

Edited by kragan

pond skimming was so much fun! way more fun than the rail jam or slopestyle, and everything was run much more smoothly too. anyone see that plastic duck with skis that cut me off on my first run? where'd that thing come from?

wait, were you aqua man? i thought the duck cut of aqua man the first time around...

Nice post boblikescats... (heavy sarcasm) :confused

Constructive criticism is appreciated from people who actually tried to make it across from this point on.

I had a great time today, and yes I was on the clock so that made it that much better, I think I was anyway...

The only complaint I did hear is that some people were going multiple times before other people got to go once, which sounds like is what happened to Tretiak. From what I heard from people who participated, the top was kinda like a line for a jump in the park, you kind of just went whenever it was clear. So it was all up to the participants how many runs they took.

Huge thanks to everyone who participated, and big thanks to all of you who came out to watch. Hopefully this is a yearly event, we were already talkin about bigger ideas for next year.

I had a blast.

The only regret I have is not trying the jump - even when my friend offered to pull me the whole way down on his skiis..

Constructive crit:

1 - more organization at the top [altho it was a free event, so who cares..]

2 - longer pond

3 - straight line to the pond please - that turn kills way too much speed!

4 - smoother transition into/outta the pond

All in all, for a 1st time event, I think Blue did a GREAT job!! I thought the MC was a riot, personally.