eBay Snowboard Shops

Ski

Here are links to the four most popular eBay snowboard shops:

http://stores.ebay.com/BoardMerchant

They have 328 snowboards in stock.

http://stores.ebay.com/Djs-Boardshop/Snowboarding.html

http://stores.ebay.com/BargainSports-net/S...html#snowboards

http://stores.ebay.com/Performancedownhill

these stores are rediculaus they want you to buy packages :)

Huh? I just went to the biggest (the first on the list) and clicked on 'snowboards' and it linked to 300 and some snowboards only:

http://stores.ebay.com/BoardMerchant_Snowb...2QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Uhhh? Just incase people are looking for deals when most people are unloading their stuff?

I usually buy gear in late-April/May/June.

Also, going directly to the eBay shops isn't always the lowest price...sometimes it is, but surfing the general listings often turns up something lower.

none of that is anything to write home about. nothing on any of those sites has super special pricing. The dirt cheap stuff is either junk or leftovers. The decent gear is no cheaper than what my shop ended our season at. If they are cheaper its by about 5% before shipping

actually some of it is even more than the prices we were working with

Edited by RomeOp

none of that is anything to write home about. nothing on any of those sites has super special pricing. The dirt cheap stuff is either junk or leftovers. The decent gear is no cheaper than what my shop ended our season at. If they are cheaper its by about 5% before shipping

actually some of it is even more than the prices we were working with

Wow, so you're saying buying eBay gear is only good for skis? I don't know snowboard pricing, so I'd have to take your word for it. Skis come 30 to 80% cheaper. Wonder why they'd only be vastly cheaper for skis?

Is your shop still open?

If so, how about posting your prices on two or three high end boards you have in stock that someone could walk in and buy today. Either this year or last years.

Let us all compare real prices.

i don't want to turn this into a pissing war, but here goes...

look at the rome solution at the board merchant...the board retails at $390. The prices we ended up at were 30% off 06 gear, 40 off of 05 gear. (quick note, for people buying packages, our deal was to take an extra 10% off of the total price, board, boot, binding combos only) our price was 273 compared to 312 plus 25 dollar shipping. theres an 06 board. thats $64.

same site ride lx bindings...retail 130 minus 30%= $91, same price plus theboard merchants $10 shipping fee.

same site rome anthem selling for $360 on the second page, after the math $329 in store, factor in their shipping

Ride Timeless retails for $500 30% off = same price = shipping

DJ's, ride fleetwood from 05 selling for $250. The board retails for $330, its a leftover take 40%, would be $198, we didn't ahve any leftovers so lets use this seasons which was upgraded from cap to sidewall, minus 30%= $231...still cheaper, then factor in there 20 shipping fee...

same site, salomon fdb boot, retails at 260, its an 05 leftover which we still had some too. They are selling it for 185, after the math ours were 156, then add in their $12 shipping. they don't have anything we can call high end

the stuff on performance downhill is far from nice gear and not worth comparing, same stuff as any big box store

bargain sports is the only one that is offering some pretty good deals, but only a small selection with ride and k2 being the only companies worth while. The zeppelin they are offering is two years old to start so we'll skip that. we'll use the mix for the ladies, retails at $480, 30% makes it 336 in store, they are selling it for $275 + $10 shipping. They win by 50 bucks

check and mate, 3-1, nestors win

oh yeah, i packed up the snowboard shop in whitehall last week, quakertown still has gear on the floor

Edited by RomeOp

here's been my stance on this all along, if you know what you need, are an industry expert, etc you have no need for a shop. If you are the average skier/rider, most people don't have a good grip on what they need, especially when they have a know it all friend that points them in the wrong direction. There are still people out there that believe they have size 12 feet and need size 13 boots, when after measured they are 9.5's. And there are still people out there that still do have some knowledge but think burton is the greatest thing ever. Don't get me wrong they are our biggest account and are decent boards, but you won't catch anyone that works in our shop riding one.

There will always be a need for shops, but for some people not at all.

yeah, i'll be there hucking myself around. are you going to be there?

check and mate, 3-1, nestors win

oh yeah, i packed up the snowboard shop in whitehall last week, quakertown still has gear on the floor

Your Quakertown shop guy said that the Rome Solution boards were going for $390 all winter. Is that accurate? So after the local season is over, there's a brief window to grab one for 40% off? Good to know. Just have to time it right. Oh, btw, you are out of 158's and 160's, but he'll hold onto a 156 that's in stock.

So 52 weeks out of the year, you can grab all sizes off eBay for $312, plus $25 shipping, while your's are $390, plus $23.40 sales tax.

But, customers can grab one size for a few weeks at the end of the season, before they are packed away for $273, plus $16.38 sales tax. Quakertown is also a three hour, 180 mile round trip for anyone around here. That's a $90 drive, as far as the IRS is concerned.

Is size as important in snowboarding as it is in skiing? Is that what you mean when you say "most people don't have a good grip on what they need" and "if you know what you need, are an industry expert, etc you have no need for a shop", because you can just sell newbies what you have in stock?

EDIT:

Again, you can blame me all you want for the trend that his been closing shops. But I have to tell you, I have had very little to do with it. I really could care less what happens to shops, but I'm always more than happy to help people get a better deal.

I suppose if this were a pissing match, I'd suggest you be able to offer a year-round full selection at competitive prices, instead of saying "check and mate" over snowboards YOU DON'T HAVE.

Edited by ski999

Your Quakertown shop guy said that the Rome Solution boards were going for $390 all winter. Is that accurate? So after the local season is over, there's a brief window to grab one for 40% off? Good to know. Just have to time it right. Oh, btw, you are out of 158's and 160's, but he'll hold onto a 156 that's in stock.

So 52 weeks out of the year, you can grab all sizes off eBay for $312, plus $25 shipping, while your's are $390, plus $23.40 sales tax.

But, customers can grab one size for a few weeks at the end of the season, before they are packed away for $273, plus $16.38 sales tax. Quakertown is also a three hour, 180 mile round trip for anyone around here. That's a $90 drive, as far as the IRS is concerned.

Is size as important in snowboarding as it is in skiing? Is that what you mean when you say "most people don't have a good grip on what they need" and "if you know what you need, are an industry expert, etc you have no need for a shop", because you can just sell newbies what you have in stock?

EDIT:

Again, you can blame me all you want for the trend that his been closing shops. But I have to tell you, I have had very little to do with it. I really could care less what happens to shops, but I'm always more than happy to help people get a better deal.

I suppose if this were a pissing match, I'd suggest you be able to offer a year-round full selection at competitive prices, instead of saying "check and mate" over snowboards YOU DON'T HAVE.

Great post, '999! :yes

wow, you are a gray haired guy with the worlds biggest gaper gap(see avatar), and you are calling up shops to try and prove a point on an internet forum? you asked me to compare prices on the floor that people could walk in and grab, thats what i did. When did i blame you for putting shops out of business? never. where are you getting 3 hour drive? papasteeze is right, you are a tool. i live 20 mins from both stores. i'm done with this shit, if this is a personal attack, ban me, this site has become so lame in in the past weeks, i'm out

Edited the inappropreate content. Do it again, and you will be on a 2 day ban.

-skidude

Edited by skidude

wow, you are a gray haired guy with the worlds biggest gaper gap(see avatar), and you are calling up shops to try and prove a point on an internet forum? you asked me to compare prices on the floor that people could walk in and grab, thats what i did. When did i blame you for putting shops out of business? never. where are you getting 3 hour drive? papasteeze is right, you are a tool. i live 20 mins from both stores. i'm done with this shit, if this is a personal attack, ban me, this site has become so lame in in the past weeks, i'm out

The usual Ebay vs. Shops.

If you want to buy your stuff on ebay, buy it on ebay, if you want to buy it in a shop, buy it in a shop. If you don't know what you want, go to a shop. If you know what you want, get it on ebay.

If you don't like PASR, leave. If you like it stay.

Edited by skidude

Well, actually my hair's always been blonde/white/toehead since I was a little kid, especially in the summer. How does that figure into your pricing scheme?

I'm sorry it offended you that I called the shop to find out whether the deal you posted was real.

Edited the inappropreate content. Do it again, and you will be on a 2 day ban.

-skidude

What's wrong with calling Nestors? You obviously had something to hide, as your pricing was incorrect, he's just helping out the consumer.

As for your comments, they won't be tolerated, and you both had kept it very civil until that post, so thanks for ruining a decent debate. :)