MAY RAIL JAM

Gurp

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

roundtop is having a jam on the same day. now the question is which one to go to?!?!

I thought/think it is invite only, sort of like an invitation exhibition thing as part of a car show..

boulder... for sure. and there will probably be 4,000 kids that show up to RT again like in the fall

HEY - boulder!!! open early!! see you guys at 9am!!!

that setup is pretty much perfect for a rail jam, as was evident by the amounts of rediculous stuff thrown at the oakley jam. what exactly do you plan on doing an invert on, anyway? even if they do have a big gap onto any of those rails, it wont be big enough to get a smooth looking backflip onto any of them. at the oakley jam, snowboarders were having trouble getting 450s around onto the center rail, which had the biggest lip, i kinda doubt a backflip, frontflip, etc on is going to happen, sorry.

not that my opinion matters, as i wont be there, but i think tech and ability should take it, not balls.

Yeah I doubt the lip would be big enough but if it is reasonable Ill go for it. I got 2 runs.. One tech, one sick. And it wont be a backflip or frontflip. A little sicker.

ill b there filming!!!!!

Wanted to get an update out there to all:

There will be a different setup for this event -the staircase is being put away and rumor has it that the park crew will be bringing out the Urban Assault 40' rail and some other features so you can ride all day...

Also for all who compete they will get a lift ticket for next season. Some other prizes include 2-1 day surf camps, goods from Oakley, 940 Snowboards, and still working on getting more prizes and giveaways! There will also be a cash purse-the more competitors the higher the purse...

There will be a different setup for this event -the staircase is being put away and rumor has it that the park crew will be bringing out the Urban Assault 40' rail and some other features so you can ride all day...

Also for all who compete they will get a lift ticket for next season. Some other prizes include 2-1 day surf camps, goods from Oakley, 940 Snowboards, and still working on getting more prizes and giveaways! There will also be a cash purse-the more competitors the higher the purse...

Thanks.

wow........man i wish i could ski soooo bad.......will this be an annual thing if it goes well (and i bet it will...)because that would be sweet.

man....this rots

but thats awesome news for everyone thats going

uh... there is going to be more competition that just him... believe me. i dont think a switch 270 is going to win it..... actually... it probably will if they judge like they normally do.

a switch 270 might not win it but jared's pretty sick...actually really sick

yeah i know, ive skied with him before. im just saying that nobody should say he is going to "own" the comp with a switch 270 when they dont even know who else is going.

couldnt agree more...i'm pretty sure people are gonna be throwing more than a switch 2 in a comp off season....or do you think people will have trouble since they havent been on skis for 2 months?

but yeah i agree...hteres gonna be a lotta people and a lotta talent so theres no telling whos gonna be there or win. plus people from all over eastern pa/jersey are gonna be there and theres obvioulsy amazing kids that not everyone's seen before so who knows