MAY RAIL JAM

Gurp

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious where this information came from. I don't see anything about any rail jam on the JFBB official website. I will definatly be there to watch doubt I'm good enough to compete I'd prob bust my ass under pressure but I will def be there. It would rock if they ran a lift and had a couple trails open to the public for the day:)

************************EDIT*************************

After I posed I just seen the rail jam ad flash on their jfbb main page:) Now to find out if any public riding will be available.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I'm just curious where this information came from. I don't see anything about any rail jam on the JFBB official website. I will definatly be there to watch doubt I'm good enough to compete I'd prob bust my ass under pressure but I will def be there. It would rock if they ran a lift and had a couple trails open to the public for the day:)

************************EDIT*************************

After I posed I just seen the rail jam ad flash on their jfbb main page:) Now to find out if any public riding will be available.

I wouldnt bet on it.

It would be cool if a ski area like Big Boulder could stay open longer if they bought the remaining snow from Montage and Blue mountain and trucked it in....In the days before snowmaking, ski areas used to do that..

I read this, and the first thing to pop into my head was "DOUG"

ewwwwww. Change that shit up!!! How about May SIXteenth???

Grass skiing anyone? :lol

I'm most likely doing it . I don't care how i compare to other kids- i know i'm gonna get killed but seriously who cares? I can't wait!! :woot:woot

if i didn't suck on rails i would go for it... instead i'll prolly go and just watch... you know, be jealous of those that can do and they can have fun doing it... cross my fingers i don't get called in to work last minute... that happened recently and i had to miss the anti-flag concert... stupid work!

but i have to wonder.. with this weather we had today and in the coming weeks, will there still be snow there?

Boulders staircase will be set up for the comp and MAYBE a box. Dunno about the box but thats a plan. Boulder will definately have snow for may rail jam. Boulder had a 7 ft base in certain spots on the boulder trail last day. 7 ft of snow takes forever to melt.

Edited by Gurp

Ill definately be there I hope. Like that many any sense. Thats so sick to ride in May.. Everybodys prob gonna suck cause they havent been out. lol its all good though. I get to enter 15 and under. Joy. Yo how long is the staircase rail? I havent seen it cause I rarely ride at this mountain.

Ill definately be there I hope. Like that many any sense. Thats so sick to ride in May.. Everybodys prob gonna suck cause they havent been out. lol its all good though. I get to enter 15 and under. Joy. Yo how long is the staircase rail? I havent seen it cause I rarely ride at this mountain.

I'd say it's about 20-25 feet long- (just a very rough guess). It's longer than blue's anyway, and it's triple option! :rock

I'd say it's about 20-25 feet long- (just a very rough guess). It's longer than blue's anyway, and it's triple option! :rock

yeah i took this at the rail jam they had when it was raining....it was fun though

adn you can go straight down the stairs, but be really careful because a little boarder kid tried to do it and his board turned sideways and he ate it and it was pretty bad....

but i've only done teh middle option..its a really wide rail and its really fun

staircase_at_boulder2.jpg

yeah i took this at the rail jam they had when it was raining....it was fun though

adn you can go straight down the stairs, but be really careful because a little boarder kid tried to do it and his board turned sideways and he ate it and it was pretty bad....

i've only dont the middle option too. it was deffently a fun ride.

i've only dont the middle option too. it was deffently a fun ride.

Middle option :woot I didn't have time to hit the other two- i was focused on that quarterpipe. :drool

Oh yeah, do you need to sign a release to enter? Do you think that i can have them send me one in advance?

When I was at Boulder I was kinda scared of the middle option. It looks like a great rail, and you definately get pretty tech on it, but I was afraid of coming off early and landing on the stairs. Anyone have that happen to them? How did your board hold up/can you get really hurt doing that.

i hate this.. haha i wanna hit that setup soo bad but i have a freakin prom.. haha watch me ditch the prom last minute to go to this.. i dont think the gf will be to happy with that..

if she doesn't understand that snowboarding comes first she's not worth it.