(UPDATE 2) CB park passes

Shadows

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems that all they need is a groomer with a park building background. all a park truly needs is good setups, nice flow, and the ability to service all ability levels. from what ive been told the parks setups have not been the very best they could be and it limits the potential of their park. two parks is a good start and a park pass system should be a welcomed one... it will help elevate the skill level of features for more advanced riders while teaching more inexperienced the how too's and introduce them to the "easy style" program. sounds like CB has starting taking steps in the right direction. all i can say at this point to CB is good luck and keep an open mind for your riders/skiers opinions, they pay the bills.

Seems like since the new owner took over alot of attention has been drawn to park improvements and being a CB local im gettin really stoked over all this and i hope its all that its cracked up to be, and im totally gung-ho on the park pass idea cuz ive almost been taken out by kids that would bomb the top of laural for that first kicker and cut off everyone waitin in line, and u cant forget the parents that teach their kids to ski over the tops of the jumps its rediculous and dangerous but hopefully it all turns out great

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jeenyus2690

well from wut ive heard over the years the park has sucked, but thats besides the point. but i mean u cant just say one year yeh lets do this and and all of a sudden expect to be the best park in pa. also if the park passes are free, there not going to do much. like i dont go to cb but if i went up for a day i would get a pass, and so would everyone elce that is interested in seeing wut the park is like, wheather your good or bad. Im not saying charge alot just a little to keep the weekenders out of the park. the park pass is a good step i just think it could be handled better. also blue and bear both had some insane parks last year and they both dont have park passes!

Well, I think with enough money, you could easily turn any mountain into the best park in PA. I don't expect that to happen with CB this coming year. On the other hand I think their system is the best. The idea is to provide proper education on what to do in the park, simple enough. Charging $5 doesn't do that.

There will be no end to the arguments over whether or not the park pass is a good idea. I think CB's plan works nicely. Only one park requires the pass, and the pass is free, only basic park training/ettiquete is need to aquire the pass.

I hope they have some system to make it easy for the season pass holders.

the free pass system of at stratton works fine

heres my question: will the advanced park have a sound system? even tho the music usually sucked, i liked that CB had one

I hope it does. With all the improvments they are making I couldn't see why they wouldnt put a kick ass sound system in. I think im gonna find a way to hook my ipod up to the speakers though becuase I have a great skiing mix with some old school rap and some heavy metal. I hate the music they play. I head JAMES BROWN last year. I dont wanna hear JAMES BROWM when im skiing.

all rumors lol I heard for sure that rohdo will have a huge kicker right at the bottem kinda where the old wall ride was

They updated there daily pictures, and you can see that the wall ride still is in the park. And I am assuming they plan on leaving it in this winter.

It would be a bad idea to put a huge kicker there too, because its only like 100 feet away from the merge...

N00bs + trails coming together + big air=bad idea :rofl