(UPDATE 2) CB park passes

Shadows

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents on BB's park.

The main parks jumps were very well maintained and had a blast on them. Just wish my shin splints werent acting up. Also the rails in there were set up nice.

Jib park, most rails setup good. One flat box had no landing and sucked. The c boxes were the weirdest c boxes ive ever seen. More like a J. The car sucked. Also the rest was kick ass.

Now we have to wait and see if they follow through on this. I don't think it will have a huge impact on the local rider scene this year, but should attract more people that don't have preconceived notions of the mountain. I think this year will be more like a trial period for them. If they really do step it up this year, then next year they should have a good chance at getting back some of the local riders. It really depends on how much effort they put in. All we can do now is wait for the season to see how it turns out.

Anyway It sucks they they choose step it up the year I leave. <_<

So the rumor I'm hearing...

Laurel is no more. The pipe will move to sunbowl (the bunny hill between the two lodges. The Laurel park will move to oak grove, and the rhodo park will be the park pass park. Should be intersting...

Now we have to wait and see if they follow through on this. I don't think it will have a huge impact on the local rider scene this year, but should attract more people that don't have preconceived notions of the mountain. I think this year will be more like a trial period for them. If they really do step it up this year, then next year they should have a good chance at getting back some of the local riders. It really depends on how much effort they put in. All we can do now is wait for the season to see how it turns out.

Anyway It sucks they they choose step it up the year I leave. <_<

where ya headed?

Someone get a birdseye look at Rhodo, good things are happening right now!

Hey papatease, wanna fill us in here?

from the cback website

Camelback has been working on upgrades to our terrain parks, halfpipes, snowmaking along with some other upgrades. We will keep you posted with some of the new things this winter at Camelback! For a list of new things to come this winter click here!

Even someone who works there, who doesn't know shit about the place, knows that there's only one. Super pipe!? Fuckk naw.

So the rumor I'm hearing...

Laurel is no more. The pipe will move to sunbowl (the bunny hill between the two lodges. The Laurel park will move to oak grove, and the rhodo park will be the park pass park. Should be intersting...

That sucks, I love ripping though oak grove. It's almost always empty and usualy has great snow. Although, I do admit that it is probaly one of the best areas to have the park in.

where ya headed?

State College

Interesting ideas. I'm not sure how well a halfpipe would work on a BEGINNER slope though. The last thing anyone wants is someone on skis for the first time trying to hop into a pipe. You know it would happen too because thats what n00bs are exposed to on tv the most.

:confused

i think thats dumb

the pipe is not even near a park?

Could be a location for a Grand Prix event? hmmmmmm think about though... consolidating the parks in that general area makes sense to me. Beginners slopes over by the condos. Parks served by raceway..........

Edited by Papasteeze

Could be a location for a Grand Prix event? hmmmmmm think about though... consolidating the parks in that general area makes sense to me. Beginners slopes over by the condos. Parks served by raceway..........

yea, i thought of that. but what about the park pass, on a short (but eventually super wide?) park. i still think its kind of useless considering the length. unless they put in huge features that are even more dangerous to noobs, but killer for park rats (big BIG kickers, some nice ass ollie rails)

are they widening rhodo? or combining raceway and rhodo into one big park? cause if they did that, that would be killer

also, is oak grove that trail on the left side (if youre looking down rhodo)

oak grove ----- rhodo ------raceway?

Edited by Shadows

Oak Grove by itself is pretty short. If I were them I'd extend it down 24 (not so great with CB's middle mountain trails) Then the lift at the bottom of it can serivce both parks almost exclusively.

Ok so all last season tony(park manager) was siked about how the park would be this year. They are givving him alot of freedom. These new ideas are great. Lets all give CB a chance. The owners are really commited to givving people what they want.

Easton is closer to Booter mountain...the longest and best terrain park south of VT..and some really interesting runs...the longest season in the Poconos...plus the most vert...it's a no brainer...Booter mountain...aka the true mountain...Home mountain for me, Atomic Jeff, Jibophonic, ThinkSnow, M-Bike Mike, Sexkitten and Bob, Stevo, Free-ride, Justo, Toast, Tretiak, plus regular appearances by the Steeze clan, the Beechie clan, Metz garden State, the Montage mafia...ski, Xnick, and montage skier, and of course concussion Ted...Booter mountain...Touch the sky... :rock

i think you cleary dont know anything about terrain parks haha.. Mountain Creek's park was well lets just say that booter doesnt even compare! and cleary MC has one of the best parks on the East Coast.. so there is no way that booter has the longest and best park south of VT haha

Easton is closer to Booter mountain...the longest and best terrain park south of VT..and some really interesting runs...the longest season in the Poconos...plus the most vert...it's a no brainer...Booter mountain...aka the true mountain...Home mountain for me, Atomic Jeff, Jibophonic, ThinkSnow, M-Bike Mike, Sexkitten and Bob, Stevo, Free-ride, Justo, Toast, Tretiak, plus regular appearances by the Steeze clan, the Beechie clan, Metz garden State, the Montage mafia...ski, Xnick, and montage skier, and of course concussion Ted...Booter mountain...Touch the sky... :rock

Doug, your devotion to Blue is touching. You should be some kind of PR person for them, maybe they'll give you a yellow blazer and a hat to ski in next season.

Personally, as a someone not focussed on park riding, I like blue for an occasional trip but wouldn't want it be my everyday/week "home" mountain. I'm interested to see what they do with the new trails this year, maybe that will tip the balance.

Couldn't agree more, if you want to rack up vert, then Blue is the place, top to bottom straight runs with the most vertical feet can't be beaten.

I still think CB's problem isn't the lack of vert (although a few more feet wouldn't hurt) but rather the way they are using it. I'm sure that taking Pharaoh (sp?) into Raceway would give youy a killer run with some nice turns, wide open mid section and decent drop at the end, IMHO this would be a better use of the drop than "cliff"hanger.

I know Blue were open longer and didn't close for the ice etc, and no-one can defend CB's attitude over this, but in general their snowmaking and grooming is better than blue's "chunky" snow.

I think Sno-tage could rival both Blue and CB for a combination or vertical and interesting runs with the proposed new trails and improvements.

One thing's for sure, I think things are getting much more interesting in NEPA with all the improvements (rumored and otherwise) at Blue, CB, Sno-tage etc, and we the skiers and riders can only benefit. All we need to do now is start a price war......

Personally, as a someone not focussed on park riding, I like blue for an occasional trip but wouldn't want it be my everyday/week "home" mountain. I'm interested to see what they do with the new trails this year, maybe that will tip the balance.

word from Ray... the new trail will not be completed this year at Blue.