(UPDATE 2) CB park passes

Shadows

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... it's about time. We will see if they implement as good as they plan. I'm REALLY encouraged to see it has some legit backing (ie burton sponsored). Hopefully they will have a big hand in the whole deal, so it's actually done right.

Exciting stuff...

well well well well.. How about that? I was told to hang in one more year...

2 million invested, nice..

Widened Trails

Park pass program for both parks

Burton backed program and rentals

2 pipes!! 6' and 11'6

Zaugg pipe cutter

lessons for learning the latest tricks in both parks.

Winch Groomer for building proper landings.

Oak Grove. Well that sort of sucks. hey look they edited the map.

trailmap_large.jpg

think of the potential for next year if they do things "right" this coming season. That one lift could service all the of a reeally nice park trails 23 through 27 nice..

Edited by Papasteeze

well well well well.. How about that? I was told to hang in one more year...

2 million invested, nice..

Widened Trails

Park pass program for both parks

Burton backed program and rentals

2 pipes!! 6' and 11'6

Zaugg pipe cutter

lessons for learning the latest tricks in both parks.

Winch Groomer for building proper landings.

Oak Grove. Well that sort of sucks. hey look they edited the map.

Uh, maybe I mis-read, but I think the passes are only in the Rhodo park.

Also not seeing what was edited in the map. Not sure why Oak Grove sucks... it's essentiall the same as the other two trails that are right next to it. I guess maybe you could contend the pitch isn't right for a pipe. I honestly wouldn't know, CB's is the best pipe I've ridden and I understand it's not anything to jump up and down about.

Uh, maybe I mis-read, but I think the passes are only in the Rhodo park.

Also not seeing what was edited in the map. Not sure why Oak Grove sucks... it's essentiall the same as the other two trails that are right next to it. I guess maybe you could contend the pitch isn't right for a pipe. I honestly wouldn't know, CB's is the best pipe I've ridden and I understand it's not anything to jump up and down about.

yeah - I read it too quickly. I was hallucenating on the map changes and no charge park pass for the big park only. You have to choose either rhodo or oak grove can't do them both. It doesn't sound like the 1/2 pipe will be part of the pass system.

does anyone here know how a winch cat makes landings steeper? does anyone know how good a 6'pipe is to learn in? does anyone know who is teaching park lessons? does anyone know who is designing/building this park? does anyone know who is building the rails? just curious to the details of this

Am I the only one who thinks this is an odd plan?

Oak grove is small, flat and very enclosed, not exactly the environment for people to congrgate around a pipe. Is 11' much bigger than the existing pipe?

Rhodo doesn't look from the pictures to have been widened by anything like 70ft, but those of you that went up there would have a better perspective on that.

I think if they are going to focus that area on the park progression they should re-direct some of the other trails (like near east) so that they do not run green circle trails into the top of the park and pipe designated runs. Let the park peep's use that centre lift, this would also stop the inevitable clash between 1000 noobs coming down from the quad and a bunch of park rats using 'ceasers as a warm up run for the park.

Oh well, at least it's progression and commitment, let's hope they have the people to run it properly.

I wish they put up some sort of fence at the entrance to the lower park at Blue..because people always fly into the entrance for extra speed for the first booter and I've seen multiple collisions.

That must be entertaining to watch, as one can easily overshoot the first jump with the speed provided from a dead stop at the entrance to the jump.

Any word on what the park pass at Camelback will cost?

CB park passes will be free... only a training course is required

Not the left side...unless its really hard packed or ice.

So that leaves powder (... uh yeah right) and slush (I'm not that ballsy and I've overshot on slushy days), and I guess packed pow, but again, I've over shot on that....

Basically, every thing but powder or maybe fresh blown ungroomed (ie sticky) snow should easily send you well past the landing. It's not a big jump at all.

Everyone I've seen come flying through that entrance has been looking for air off the pitch change at the beginning or speed for features further down in the park.

Admittedly I don't ride Blue enough to give accurate descriptions of day to day operations, simply reporting on my experiences.

I read everything again. Apparently, there is no commitment to having the 11' pipe open in time for the seasons' start. Seems to me that eventually trails 23 through 27 could become all park related.

Dorsey, you should go after the park managers job. I am not digging on a certain slope but, I think the groomers at CB are more experienced than anyone else in the poconos.