moving to park city in october

gcleary47

lucky ass mo-fo. So by March you'll know where to find the best lines for powder, and where the best nightlife is right? Cuz i'll be asking for that shit. Since they just got ranked #1 in park again I'll have to hit up the park too, although I'm not sure about Kings Crown, but the 2nd from the hardest looks like the perfect size stuff for me. I also want to hit up the Canyons, especially their natural halfpipe and their wide open tree skiing. And of course I'll hike Jupiter Peak a few times although I'm staying in bounds while I'm out there.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's official, i am leaving for park city utah on thursday the 12th. i am stoked about it. one more day in pennsylvania than i am on my way. i will update as i can on the happenings out there. everyone have fun in the pocs. i am going to miss riding at bear creek. time for bigger and better things :yes:yes:yes

Have fun hombre

i leave tommorow. PASR is always welcome to crash at my place. goodbye Pa hello Ut

Have fun. One of my best friends moved out to SLC last year - he was practically laughing at me every time I gave him a "report" of my days at the Creek, while he was experiencing weekly pow days :) I went to visit last January and it was the best week of riding I've had my whole life.

• 2 weeks later...

i arrived in park city on sunday after my ten day voyage across the county. time for the good shit. it snowed here on wed. 4-5 inches. late nite picnic table session. we had 2 tables. one angled up, 3 foot gap to down angle table. nothing was held back. first session of the season i was doing doing 270's, switch front boards, different switch ups, spinning on and off. it has been a good start to the season. they are blowing snow on the main trail. think they plan on opening around november 17th. more rail sessions to come.

I could never drive cross country :lol:

I've been thinking about a much longer drive then just cross country.

I wanna make it to cali, drive through tahoe. Then drive all the way up to alaska. I heard thats the most beautiful drive you will ever experience.

Edited by KnuckleDragger

I could never do that drive alone but with people, not so bad. Longest drive I've done so far was 5 hours without a stop alone. I could see a cross country road trip would be a sweet experience for a group of friends. i don't think i'd be rushing to get there though, how many times do you drive across the country in your life? I'd want to check some states out and there isn't that much snow yet. I've been watching the PC webcam a lot looking at the snow, I can't wait to get out there.

well i lfet glenside on a thursday and satyed at the university of pittsburg that night. left there friday and went to notre dame. saturday went to chicago then stayed witha friend for two days in minneapolis. left there and went to mount rushmore for a day then yellowstone for 2 days. stayed in jackson hole saturday night then drove to utah. very fun trip with great sites and met a lot of nice people.

well i lfet glenside on a thursday and satyed at the university of pittsburg that night. left there friday and went to notre dame. saturday went to chicago then stayed witha friend for two days in minneapolis. left there and went to mount rushmore for a day then yellowstone for 2 days. stayed in jackson hole saturday night then drove to utah. very fun trip with great sites and met a lot of nice people.

Glenside as in the glenside near abington?

• 3 weeks later...
I could never drive cross country :lol:
I didn't think I could, either. But it turned out that with a 6 disk CD player, I could go 10 hours or so, with just stops for quick meals. Recently, I drove a truck from Denver back to home and it wasn't as bad as I expected (only had a radio). I think the big issue is the weather. If the weather is fine, it's not so bad.

But one time I took 10 hours to go from Whitefish to Red Lodge in a blizzard. What a nightmare. It felt like months. I was terrified the last 50 miles and was counting down each .1 mile and recalculating how much longer it would be. The road was completely obliterated with windswept snow, there were no street lights, and no other cars on the road. All there were were mile markers. I kept aiming between each pair to find my way. It kept taking longer and longer. I've never been so happy to reach the end of a journey, EVER.