park perfection

Shadows

since this is my topic, and i dont feel like searching for other related 'improvement' topics. this was posted over at NS.

There might be a thread on this already but I was wondering if any other mtns had this... Wachusett setup this vid system where they placed cameras around jumps and rails and they give you a card for free that you clip to your jacket and when you get within like 10 feet to the lip the camera gets trigged wirelessly by the card and it starts recording and then uploads the clip automaticly to a site online where you can see them and download them if you want from home. I have my own 3ccds and HD so its not really that important to me but i thought it was a pretty sick idea

that would be sick

just fyi that mammoth wont be as good in june as those pics show, but i'd still want to go

Not to be a dick but...that one jump is huge.I doubt you would hit it.

Mammoths jumps in June are still awsome there.There like the size of the jumps that that parks have around here.

All of those photos, except for the second, are closed setups. I'm sure the MC pipe might look that good for all of about 10 minutes after they cut it, and that QP would get beat to death after a day or two of regular public use.

I've hit that second jump. It varied between 65-75 and did have a shitload of pop (which mellowed out the longer they kept it in the park). The Mammoth jump setup in main park usually has a triple line right at the top towards the left that's something like 20-25-35, there's usually the "big jump" smack dab in the middle (65 to 80), then the famous bottom line (usually 40 to 55 into 55 to 70). Right next to main park is forest trail and it's usually a quadruple line of jumps around 15 to 20 feet.

That 2nd Jump looks awesome. Blue should have jumps like that for their longer gaps, like that one on the right before the "hip" last year. Instead they had the short, steep, and medium height takeoff. O well, shouldn't be complaining, they had a great park last year. At one point last year the first jump in the Dew park at Big Bouler ALMOST looked like that, except not as wide.

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

There are alot of great things that are being discussed for Blue this year. Closer to the season there will be some suggestion threads on park setup that for sure won't be ignored. Believe it or not those suggestion boxes around Blue really do get read by Mt. management, and these boards don't go unread by park management. Blue has alot more to work with this year, and there is a ton of optimism within the core crue at Blue this year. Should be great!

just fyi that mammoth wont be as good in june as those pics show, but i'd still want to go

It's true that they wont be in tip top shape, but mammoths season almost always goes past july 4th....and besides I'd rather have mushy snow over no snow and 90 degree weather over here.

why go to mammoth in the summer its only one jump 3 jibs and half pipe. coc 10 times better

I wanna go to COC so bad. My parents can't afford it and I sure as hell couldn't pay like 2 grand plus airfare for 8 days at COC.

idk, I might go to whister or timberline at hood and ski the public park...COC is so damn expensive, and besides if I did go the ski camp route I'd probably go to high north, its cheaper, one day longer, still in whistler, and is skiier exclusive sooo yea.

just from doing a little research on the summer camps...i would definetly go to coc over high north or high cascade.

high north is still in whistler, has the same type of park that COC has if not better (with a towrope and everything), is much less crowded (less than 80 people a session), and still has the same hotel deal that COC has.

its about 300 bucks cheaper and is an extra day (1700 for 9 days as opposed to 2000 for 8 days). plus its ski exclusive for whatever thats worth. less people hitting up the park everyday.

yeah but the optional activities at coc are awesome...

you can still do all that stuff if you are at high north. pretty much all of that stuff has nothing to do with COC, you have to do that on your own because you are pretty much set free in whistler. the only activity thats actually just coc only is the park. even the water ramps are shared between coc and high north.

you're still staying at pretty much the same location (high north's hotel is about 5 minutes from coc's). and besides, I'd much rather have one more day on snow then some optional activites

Edited by justin

you can still do all that stuff if you are at high north. pretty much all of that stuff has nothing to do with COC, you have to do that on your own because you are pretty much set free in whistler. the only activity thats actually just coc only is the park. even the water ramps are shared between coc and high north.

you're still staying at pretty much the same location (high north's hotel is about 5 minutes from coc's). and besides, I'd much rather have one more day on snow then some optional activites

yeah i guess you're right. I just think coc looks more appealing. plus i cant go to high north bc i snowboard.

It's true that they wont be in tip top shape, but mammoths season almost always goes past july 4th

Actually Mammoth season almost never goes past July 4th. The last two years have been the biggest and the second biggest recorded snowfall at Mammoth and in neither year has operations gone on past the 4th. I guess the Mountain figures that losing money for three months of the year is enough :)

why go to mammoth in the summer its only one jump 3 jibs and half pipe. coc 10 times better

This year it was one pipe, three jumps, and five jibs if I remember correctly.

Also, for the price of one session at COC you could move to Mammoth for the entire spring.

i would definetly go to coc over high north or high cascade.

Some are probably going to consider this as pretty biased, but CoC is a joke when compared to High Cascade.

Actually Mammoth season almost never goes past July 4th. The last two years have been the biggest and the second biggest recorded snowfall at Mammoth and in neither year has operations gone on past the 4th. I guess the Mountain figures that losing money for three months of the year is enough :)

This year it was one pipe, three jumps, and five jibs if I remember correctly.

Also, for the price of one session at COC you could move to Mammoth for the entire spring.

Some are probably going to consider this as pretty biased, but CoC is a joke when compared to High Cascade.

Thanks....I actually wanted confirmation on all this stuff I posted. I do remember hearing for like the past couple years how Mammoth always goes past July 4th, I've never actually been out there then but thats what I've been hearing.

Idk what I'm gonna do. Like I really want to take a trip out west this season. I'm not going to woodward as a camper this year (I'm working there), so my grandmom said she'd give me $800ish or so towards a trip somewhere as my "camp" (she's been paying for woodward for like 5 years...w/e I'll take it).

I'd really like to go during the winter but thats definatly out because of school, and the fact that there IS still snow here during them months, and I'm trying to get as much skiing in this year as possible.

I'd go in the spring over spring break, but thats probably gonna be an issue because it must get insanely crowded...does it?

The only other option is the summer, like around late june through early july when I get out of school. I'd probably have to hit up hood/timberline for the public park though. I'd really like to go to a camp, but its so expensive....for just the price of the camp I could have probably a month long trip skiing without a camp, and probably more time on the snow each day. Add airfare in and thats even more.

Idk what to do. DHarrisburg any suggestions since you live out there?