New Pics of the CB Pipe

OutCold

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know its all relative to experience. but youve read my threads over there...how many comments did they make?

I'm surprised they didn't respond in your thread trying to sell your season pass after they refunded the money for it. Something along the lines of "see you in court"

I'm surprised they didn't respond in your thread trying to sell your season pass after they refunded the money for it. Something along the lines of "see you in court"

was this supposed to be an insult?

and they did, they sent me a letter.

its shit like this that makes me wonder what else has gone on that the public doesnt know about.

i havent done much research cause i just dont really care that much. but there is document after document of cases when CB went to court.

camelback ski corp vs Battuello

camelback ski corp vs behning

i have no idea what those two cases where about cause i didnt read it, but post it on cb's board and see if they reply...90% chance they wont. and it makes the public curious because things are left unanswered.

was this supposed to be an insult?

and they did, they sent me a letter.

its shit like this that makes me wonder what else has gone on that the public doesnt know about.

i havent done much research cause i just dont really care that much. but there is document after document of cases when CB went to court.

camelback ski corp vs Battuello

camelback ski corp vs behning

i have no idea what those two cases where about cause i didnt read it, but post it on cb's board and see if they reply...90% chance they wont. and it makes the public curious because things are left unanswered.

That wasn't supposed to be an insult, they don't respond to everything, just like PASR staff doesn't respond to everything Doug posts :rofl

They have their message board for their marketing purposes, everyone knows that...Which brings me to my next point...

No eff-ing sh*t...Who would think a ski area would be taken to court??? I bet there is not one ski area in the country that hasn't been to court. Sno Mountain doesn't even exsist yet, and they have already been to court, thats a really bad thing to say.

What was in the letter? If you ever go back on CB property you will be turned into hamburger meat??

yes, every mtn goes to court, i know. but most of its for business shit. im more interested in inujury lawsuits. i think the public has a right to know. what happened and how both parties reacted. im not saying its the responsibility of the mtn to tell people, no way thats rediculous. im saying if they are questioned about it, they should answer.

and it was a very polite (a little too polite, which sparked my interest)

it seems as if they were just poking around to see if i would sue them. craig pm'd me and the way i interpreted (sp?) things was that he was basicaly begging me to call him up so he could see if we are sueing or not. "give me a call and we can see if we can work something out"

and i can go back to cb if i want, they wont say anything (and better fuckin not) i just wouldnt follow any rules at all. i mean, if they stop me for some bullshit (like they did ALL last year) im just gonna be like, fuck that, and keep on skiing. the way i feel, is that they cant touch me, and better not. i was polite last year and stopped. i can only take so much of a horribly run mtn.

Edited by Shadows

CB vs. Brattuello=People taking CB to court to get any and all documents about including reports of incidents occuring anywhere along a certain ski trail, including the names of injuried parties and witnesses. The court found that too be too broad, and limited it to the site of the plaintiffs fall, and said that they should redact the names of the injured parties, and witnesses.

Not really sure what that has to do with CB folks posting on their message board...

Well, as we just found out, appently we need to hurt ourselves before we can see those documents...Which is probably a good thing, or we would have people like Atomics dad running around, telling people to get hurt in the same place as somoene else...

yea, so...

if i took them to court tryin to get the names of parties involved in my accident, and they didnt have them (which they dont) what happens

Then your the first one to bust your ass hard enough to get documentation on it, on that section of birches.

Though, reading that case, what I picked up from it is that if you were sueing them, you could get the cases of other people who got hurt, not the other people involved in the accident. You can't make CB have documentation that they don't have.

Also there is a 5 year statute of limitations on sueing ski areas for accidents you have had (I believe) so I'm sure they keep all reports for 5 years, then shread them after...

I have a very hard time seeing your case, and an even harder time seeing CB being scared about it. Don't really want to get into your whole court case or anything, but it seemed like you would have had a better chance with a civil suit against the person who hit you (tho you don't know who that was).

but it seemed like you would have had a better chance with a civil suit against the person who hit you (tho you don't know who that was).

that is the EXACT reason why this shit is so fucked up.

and there is a lot you dont know about, ill leave it at that.

(i know youre reading this cb, whats up? hows it going? pretty mild weather huh? excited for ski season? i know i am!)

Edited by Shadows

that is the EXACT reason why this shit is so fucked up.

and there is a lot you dont know about, ill leave it at that.

(i know youre reading this cb, whats up? hows it going? pretty mild weather huh? excited for ski season? i know i am!)

There is a lot I don't know.

To me it seems like equivilant cases would be, you getting hit by someone while driving, and being upset that the police don't know who it is...Cept in this case, the time scale was moved up a lot quicker, because as soon as the person got off the trail, he was gone...

Still don't really see why your mad at CB, would you be mad at BC if the same thing happened their, or Blue?

Anyway, I'm going for the night...later

would you be mad at BC if the same thing happened their, or Blue?

of course i would, just not as much because i know (and like) how blue and bear are run.

i had actually contemplated suing Bear Creek for when i broke my arm from the screw sticking out of the box.

(and if you're reading this BC, you guys were complete assholes who didnt give a shit about what happened)

see, thats a whole different ball game i think...they worn you of the dangers before hand. terrain parks are tricky. my case was just an out of control skier.

and i dont think a broken arm is grounds for a lawsuit haha.

but they shouldnt have a screw sticking out of their features, they should be at least reasonably safe

it isnt really aobut a lawsuit, it was that when we talked to the general mangaer or whoever there we thought we would at least get some free lift tickets or somethin, instead we got a "fuck you"

well, it is a terrain park...you get hurt no matter what. youre not skiing the way its intended. and the screw sticking up...that couldve been rust on a rail.

and i totally see where youre coming from with the management reactions. you expect a little more. although a broke arm is not like loss of life.

Edited by Shadows

Ski at your own risk... I have always thought that ski resorts livved by that moto... so you cant really sue a ski resort that has that printed on the back of their ticket can you ?

You can sue them. Probably won't win, unless you have a real good case of them being very negligent...

You can sue them. Probably won't win, unless you have a real good case of them being very negligent...

This has always been my general understanding as well. Why then when we want features that are expert/dangerous do we get the old "can't do it because of liability" story? Every year something comes up that a mountain can't do because of the liability, but doesn't the ticket keep them safe?

You can't sign away your right to sue and if you look at the papers, people sue for the dumbest reasons, i.e: cigarettes, alcohol, firearms, and on and on and on. Juries are strange and you never know when an exorbinant award will be given so these ski areas have to carefull. Everyone wants something for nothing these days and see an accident as a payday.

PAX

You can't sign away your right to sue and if you look at the papers, people sue for the dumbest reasons

on the back of my season pass waiver/literature it says something like "you waive the right to sue" or "you will not hold camelback responsible or sue for any injuries or losses"

Yea in this case its hard becuase a fucked up screw is there fault in that they should maintain their shit, thats not a patch of ice. BUT you also agreed to their terms by purchasing the ticket, and by going into the park passed another sign that said ski and your own risk. Did you check the features before you hit them? Catching a screw can lead to exactly the same thing as catching your edge on a down-flat-down box, or even just a burr on the metal or the plastic. It happens to everyone at some point if your hitting rails. I'd personally be against sueing becuase you ride the park at your own risk that shit happens. Did you see anyone land the rail? Becuase I'll never hit anything until I go over it with a real good look or watch someone else hit it.

on the back of my season pass waiver/literature it says something like "you waive the right to sue" or "you will not hold camelback responsible or sue for any injuries or losses"

You can't give up that right, though it makes a civil suit harder to win(in theory anyways). Just because I sign a piece of paper that says I'm a slave doesn't make me one... at least not in this country. Certain things you can't sign away, and one of them is you're right to make a civil law suit.