2007 American Cancer Society Vertical Challenge

Ski4Food

It's time to start thinking challenge....Vertical Challenge that is!

Planning is already underway to make the second annual Vertical Challenge event at Greek Peak even bigger and better! With your help, last years event raised an amazing $45,000! The donations will be applied to Cancer Education, Research, Advocacy and Patient Services.

Save the Date - This years event will be held on March 3-4, 2007.

In continuing the success we hope to double our teams, registered skiers & snowboarders and beat the tallied number of runs from last year (5,191 runs) (4,941,832 vertical feet)!

It's never to early to start fundraising. Team Captains that register their teams before November 1st will receive a special gift. Visit the below site and register today.

http://www.acsevents.org/vc/greekpeak

Looking forward to seeing you on the slopes!

Many Thanks,

Planning Committee 2007

Side Note -

It would be great to see a PASR Team this year! I know how hardcore you all are and we would love the challenge! I've joined the winning team from last year and we're stoked to defend our title!

If you have any questions please let me know or visit the above website!

The 7:30 to 10:00 is nothing! It's that 10:00 to 7:30 thats the real challenge. Yeah the lifts are slow and you spend a lot of time on them, but that's all part of the challenge. There's a lot to be said about skiing at 3 AM. Last year there were only 4 of us left on the mountain after 3:30 AM. It's a pretty weird feeling! The fact that I had skied for 24 hours straight didn't hit me until the sun came up the next morning. That last hour was by far the longest of the whole day.

I've been to mountains with only 2 other people on them, it's kind of erie actually. Back in 04-05, i went to tanglwood during a blizzard at night. I was 1 of 3. I saw them maybe once the entire time i was there.. Powder day at twood thought.. never thought that'd happen.

And of course you had to mention me jumping that guys skis. That guy probably S*it himself.

Edited by KnuckleDragger

I skied last year in it from 8:30 am saturday morning till 8:00 sunday morning. So much fun and for a great cause, but in the end i was so tired, but am so pumped for this year. i don't think i'll do it with you guys because im going to try to get a bunch of kids from my school on a team to do it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm up for this trip. And I'll stay out there with you at 3:30am :rock

What's up with donations and fees? How much does this cost, and do they require a certain amount of donations? I hope I can get people at work to donate.

Edited by stever2003

I'm up for this trip. And I'll stay out there with you at 3:30am :rock

What's up with donations and fees? How much does this cost, and do they require a certain amount of donations? I hope I can get people at work to donate.

i did it last year by myself and it cost 20 bucks. and you can collect donations from other people

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know its been talked about in the past, but would anyone be interested in forming a paskiandride team? If we threw 4 or 5 of us together we could definitely make a run at the top vertical for a team... Especially if we could somehow con Steeze into it... That man could cover some serious ground...