Blue Mountain Park Crew Update

snorovr

So I felt like the Good News thread had alot of extraneous BS in it so I'm making a new thread for the update.

1) As of now we are going to open with some features on Come Around. This will function as a park at least until we can get the other parks open.

This will be our first opening with a terrain park and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stoked.

2) The C-box in the first pic will be put on a bank, and actually has a bit of bank to it. We'll see what that looks like when we get to that point but it should setup real nice.

3) Some nice mellow flat rails, around 40ft. in length of four inch stock and some that are more butter box wide, closer to eight.

4) 40 foot down flat down. Transitions will be curved, not sharp angles. So that should be a pretty smooth feature. I can't wait to hit that one myself.

5) Schoolbus is going to be setup as a butter box along its length. Right now eight inches wide is floatin' around, but we'll see.

6) There will be a much more full-time presence of the park crew this year.

7) Some new intro type butter boxes.

8) Wider trail = more room for jumps = more jumps. We are really amped to get a good jump line going this year, and really want the park to flow well.

There are sure to be more updates/pics as the season draws near. Everyone is very occupied with getting the lift in, but there is a ton of attention being given to the parks, and we are gonna have a sick season!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up with the Freeride Skiing Program? Rumor has it Skier150 is gone. Any truth to that?

:ph34r:

director of freestyle at CB?

So I felt like the Good News thread had alot of extraneous BS in it so I'm making a new thread for the update.

1) As of now we are going to open with some features on Come Around. This will function as a park at least until we can get the other parks open.

This will be our first opening with a terrain park and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stoked.

2) The C-box in the first pic will be put on a bank, and actually has a bit of bank to it. We'll see what that looks like when we get to that point but it should setup real nice.

3) Some nice mellow flat rails, around 40ft. in length of four inch stock and some that are more butter box wide, closer to eight.

4) 40 foot down flat down. Transitions will be curved, not sharp angles. So that should be a pretty smooth feature. I can't wait to hit that one myself.

5) Schoolbus is going to be setup as a butter box along its length. Right now eight inches wide is floatin' around, but we'll see.

6) There will be a much more full-time presence of the park crew this year.

7) Some new intro type butter boxes.

8) Wider trail = more room for jumps = more jumps. We are really amped to get a good jump line going this year, and really want the park to flow well.

There are sure to be more updates/pics as the season draws near. Everyone is very occupied with getting the lift in, but there is a ton of attention being given to the parks, and we are gonna have a sick season!

NICE!!!!!!!!! thanks for the update Tre

What's up with the Freeride Skiing Program? Rumor has it Skier150 is gone. Any truth to that?

:ph34r:

Freeride program is runnin' strong. We are taking applications and if you know anyone who is interested shoot me a PM with their e-mail. Skier150 hasn't posted in a lil bit save for the rail jams. I think he's just busy kayaking. Dudes are crazy its waaay too cold for that stuff.

seems like blues starting to get there act together and throw up a nice flowing park which is what i think boulder is gonna lack because of it being so small. but i still think boulders park it gonna be better quality. so its gonna be a close race this year.

See top of thread. Progress/info is less than 24 hours old???

not you dude, gurp.

seems like blues starting to get there act together and throw up a nice flowing park which is what i think boulder is gonna lack because of it being so small. but i still think boulders park it gonna be better quality. so its gonna be a close race this year.

...but anyway, who cares who's gonna have the better park? I'm just stoked to ride 2 fucking awesome parks. :rock

• 2 weeks later...

Freeride program is runnin' strong. We are taking applications and if you know anyone who is interested shoot me a PM with their e-mail. Skier150 hasn't posted in a lil bit save for the rail jams. I think he's just busy kayaking. Dudes are crazy its waaay too cold for that stuff.

Confirmed. My source is positive that Skier 150 will not be at Blue this year. Come on, spill the beans.

Edited by First Grade Teacher

Went to blue for my pass today, and i checked out the rails (me and shadows). First off- the new swingset is fucking huge. Probably 10-12 feet high and around 50 feet high :woot Second, the new cbox (the one without any bank) is also freaking huge. Setup on a bank, that sucker is gonna be awesome. It comes around a full 180 degrees, and i'd say, measuring across, it's probably 40 feet (from tip of c to tip of c). Next is one of the most awesome rails i've ever seen. It's a cbox going into a flat box going into a reverse c. Pretty much like an s box with a lengthened middle. Huge stuff, and they have the stairs done for the new stair set. They have the downcurveflatcurvedown framed out, minus the legs. :rock And, if you can't tell from the webcam, the chairs are on the cable. The dudes there were gonna fire it up, but they were having some issues or w/e.

post them cell pics stevo!

its gonna be nuts this season. that right c-flat-left c box stevo is talking about also has the frame of a down flat down. so the first right c is down, then flat, then left c down.

the swingset is fuckin huge, its one of those features thats gonna be awesome and fun to hit, or just too big that its not even worth it. its around 4 feet wide at the base and 1.5 feet wide at the thinnest part.

the c box...i dont really know. its one of those features that is just so big you dont really think you can make it around unless its got a hardcore bank to it. its huge.

that down flat down box that is just a frame...well, its wierd looking right now. but if tre is right about having the kinks mellowed out instead of having hard corners, than it should be one of the best features in the park.

they also have around 4 or 5 flat boxes, so it should be a killer season

and yea doug theres gonna be two staircases, according to tre "around 40 ft long"

Edited by Shadows

Went to blue for my pass today, and i checked out the rails (me and shadows). First off- the new swingset is fucking huge. Probably 10-12 feet high and around 50 feet high :woot Second, the new cbox (the one without any bank) is also freaking huge. Setup on a bank, that sucker is gonna be awesome. It comes around a full 180 degrees, and i'd say, measuring across, it's probably 40 feet (from tip of c to tip of c). Next is one of the most awesome rails i've ever seen. It's a cbox going into a flat box going into a reverse c. Pretty much like an s box with a lengthened middle. Huge stuff, and they have the stairs done for the new stair set. They have the downcurveflatcurvedown framed out, minus the legs. :rock And, if you can't tell from the webcam, the chairs are on the cable. The dudes there were gonna fire it up, but they were having some issues or w/e.

rails sound a little bit "circusy" but awesome at the same time, hopefully they turn out a little better than bear creeks J rail..

• 2 weeks later...