Blue Mountain Park Crew Update

snorovr

Wow, that' is a good idea. Gonna be a pain in the ass for the snowcats to get in- i assume they'll have a gate or something. Someone's gonna put snow up the stairs for an easier entrance too, but all in all, it's better than nothing.

There is plenty of access for the cats. The stairs, along with all the other features in the park, will be maintained by Park Crue.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everythings looking sweet, I really wanna see the s box with the lengthened middle. The bus is really sweet. I think it would be awesome if they put like 2 or 3 junky couches in there with some lights and made it like a park rest stop. Say if you take a hard fall and wanna break just hop on in the bus for a little bit. It prob wouldnt work though if someone fell off the side and landed on somebody walking into the bus though.

ok, i really wanted to ask/say something. this goes for every mountain, not just blue

can we put murals on the sides of boxes/rail/busses?

ex:

1163723278emailbattleship.jpg

at the very least, can we come up with some design for when you paint the name of the mtn on them. get some good graphic letters.

I have a feeling the bus will be buried.

Same here, it would take a lot of snow to make a big enough hit to get on that thing, and unless they put it on the end of a headwall they would have to build a huge landing. If it was sitting flat I don't think my knees would be very happy.

It sounds like blue has got some really good ideas this yearb but i dont understand the logic behind some of their stuff like the down flat down with curved transtition????? theres a reason EVERY single other mountain dosent used curved transitions, as soon as you hit that curve your feet are gonna slide right out from under you and your goin straight to your tail bone. Also the rail/ butterbox on top of the bus, people like to spin when on butter boxes, when you spin you have no control, when you have no control you cant stop yourself from running into the rail that is in the middle of the butter box. My suggestion ( not that it matters) scrap the rail, it would be a lot more fun with just the butter box. Also the sliding board rail, i could think of about 100 other better uses for the metal needed to build that rail, trust me, having seen a couple of them tried out at bear, circus rails are DUMBBBB, take that metal and make a decent rainbow box or something that isnt retarded and will be stupid after the first time you hit it. Swingset, awesome idea, if set up right. Huge C, not quite sure with how big it is and the fact that it has no bank to it, that gonna need to be set up perfect all the time or you will NEVER be able to do it. Overall some really good ideas but just bad execution, kinda reminds me of the stari set, yeah blue was the first one around with a stairset, but it was just sooooo short. But again props to blue for some of the new ideas but try and stick th the proven things that work, becausse its gonna suck when you gotta pull that crap out halfway through the year because no one does it (like that huge rainbow with the kicker on the end thing)

It sounds like blue has got some really good ideas this yearb but i dont understand the logic behind some of their stuff like the down flat down with curved transtition????? theres a reason EVERY single other mountain dosent used curved transitions, as soon as you hit that curve your feet are gonna slide right out from under you and your goin straight to your tail bone.

i didnt read the rest of your post..

lean forward and balance? generally what i would do. that feature is gonna be sick

i didnt read the rest of your post..

lean forward and balance? generally what i would do. that feature is gonna be sick

well if you ever tried to boardslide either the J rail or the dragon box at bear, its ALOT harder then just "leaning forward and balancing". youll see what i mean the first time you try to boardslide that down falt down. I havent seen the rail yet but im assuming it has short little transitions which are the hardest thing to keep your balance through, if they were long mellowed transitions then it prolly wouldnt be as much of a problem.

I agree Blue has like the big showy circus rail feel to it, but mixed in with big jumps it could be good. We'll see. I think the rail on the top of bus is either going to be insanely hard, or it is going to be buried under so much snow it won't be that high and will be less impressive. I'd set it up insanely hard and have it near the bottom as a signature type feature. MC does that at teh bottom of the main park, last year it was the 48 foot battleship box that was abou8 feet high, next to a long flat round rail, before that it was the rollercoaster next to the S rail. It basically is just scary but if you get it, lots of people are watching.

The swing set and sliding box or whatever it is, could be fun they are long wide flat boxes in wierd shapes. Not sure about the C rail that will be a setup issue. I won't judge Blue until the season starts because they haev a lot of snowmaking and the longest trail so if setup well, could have a great flow to it. But we'll see. If it sucks, I gaurentee next year they take a look at the circus rail thing they are doing if all the other parks are going towards stock stuff set up well (which it looks like). Its going to be fun looking at the JFBB/BC/Blue rivalry. We'll see where Shawnee stands but I don't think they'll keep up. Mountain Creek has been really silent about their shit too so I dunno what will happen there.

It sounds like blue has got some really good ideas this yearb but i dont understand the logic behind some of their stuff like the down flat down with curved transtition????? theres a reason EVERY single other mountain dosent used curved transitions, as soon as you hit that curve your feet are gonna slide right out from under you and your goin straight to your tail bone. Also the rail/ butterbox on top of the bus, people like to spin when on butter boxes, when you spin you have no control, when you have no control you cant stop yourself from running into the rail that is in the middle of the butter box. My suggestion ( not that it matters) scrap the rail, it would be a lot more fun with just the butter box. Also the sliding board rail, i could think of about 100 other better uses for the metal needed to build that rail, trust me, having seen a couple of them tried out at bear, circus rails are DUMBBBB, take that metal and make a decent rainbow box or something that isnt retarded and will be stupid after the first time you hit it. Swingset, awesome idea, if set up right. Huge C, not quite sure with how big it is and the fact that it has no bank to it, that gonna need to be set up perfect all the time or you will NEVER be able to do it. Overall some really good ideas but just bad execution, kinda reminds me of the stari set, yeah blue was the first one around with a stairset, but it was just sooooo short. But again props to blue for some of the new ideas but try and stick th the proven things that work, becausse its gonna suck when you gotta pull that crap out halfway through the year because no one does it (like that huge rainbow with the kicker on the end thing)

ummm... i dont anticipate having any problems cleaning the thing whatsoever. if you can do a kink, it shouldnt be any harder. the reason no one could clean the j rail at bear was because the thing flat out sucked. and if you have no control when you are spinning on a box, maybe you should start with the basics first and learn how to control your trajectory when sliding a box or rail. its not meant to be a feature that anyone who's skied or boarded for a few days can do. the stuff on sidewinder is supposed to be difficult, and its about time that it is. the sliding board rail looks like it could be fun too. if you come into the thing with any amount of speed, you wont even touch the flat part anyway, so it will basically be like an a frame box.

... as you hit that curve your feet are gonna slide right out from under you and your goin straight to your tail bone.

...circus rails are DUMBBBB, take that metal and make a decent rainbow box

.... Huge C, not quite sure with how big it is and the fact that it has no bank to it, that gonna need to be set up perfect all the time or you will NEVER be able to do it...

....kinda reminds me of the stari set, yeah blue was the first one around with a stairset, but it was just sooooo short

....its gonna suck when you gotta pull that crap out halfway through the year because no one does it (like that huge rainbow with the kicker on the end thing)

- I like how you're criticizing blue's rails without even seeing them, pretty ignorant. I'll get some pictures friday for you.

-A rainbow box? In my opinion, that's more circusy than a sliding board/ battleship.

-Again, you have to see the cbox to understand it.

-did boulder not have the first stair set, for the oakley rail jam- this may just be my confusion.

-The huge "rainbow with the kicker on the end thing" was hit a lot- i guess you weren't there on the right days.

havent seen the rail yet but im assuming it has short little transitions which are the hardest thing to keep your balance through, if they were long mellowed transitions then it prolly wouldnt be as much of a problem.

If we're talking about the same rail here- let me clear this up. it is a FLAT DOWN FLAT (or down flat down? i forget, but this still applies) The Flat part curves to the left, then the rail angles down, and for the next flat section it curves in the opposite direction. Hope that helps

But yeah, i'll get some pics if i go up friday

If we're talking about the same rail here- let me clear this up. it is a FLAT DOWN FLAT (or down flat down? i forget, but this still applies) The Flat part curves to the left, then the rail angles down, and for the next flat section it curves in the opposite direction. Hope that helps

there are two down flat downs as far as i have been told. one of them is the down flat down s box, and the other is a down flat down box with curved transitions instead of kinks, which i think is what he was talking about. the s box looks like it might actually be fun though too, if set up properly.

im not criticizing rails, i just dont know how practical the down flat down with the curved transitions is going to be, i actually cant wait to ride blue and hit some of this new stuff, the bus and s box sound like their gonna be sick.