32 The Lashed

Blong131

I just ordered these from the house and im so pumped to get them

anyone had them before? ther last years

32-Lashed-Wht-Rep-06-l-prod.jpg

Yeah, i have the 04-05s, which i just replaced with salomon fdbs. They are awesome boots, but the only downside is that they're bulky up top/ all around. Even so, they are awesome- take them to nestors and get them heat molded. Also, the liners in them pack out a lot, so if you're concerned with toe drag, go a 1/2 size smaller- they will Definitely pack out. Great boots, but i'm on to newer things- i don't think you'll be disappointed.

I hope you tryed them on in a shop first.. Ordering boots off the internet without trying them on first is not a good move.

I have to agree here. You can never be sure on the fit of a boot without trying it on.

Screw that I hope you didn't try them on in the shop. Don't waste the sales guy's time if you don't plan on buying them there if he works on commission. That would be like going to a restaurent and ordering the drinks, having the waitor come help you all night, but you brought the food in from another place so you don't have to leave a tip.

Sidenote they are great boots but there are a dozen great boots out there for my feet I like K2's better, but a lot of people find the 32s more comfortable. By now most of the original innovations of 32s have been copied but they still have a pretty cult following. Most boots have similiar foam, and I feel the 32s are getting somewhat flashy with their material choices, like the timba's this year, but whatever they're still a good boot.

Screw that I hope you didn't try them on in the shop. Don't waste the sales guy's time if you don't plan on buying them there if he works on commission. That would be like going to a restaurent and ordering the drinks, having the waitor come help you all night, but you brought the food in from another place so you don't have to leave a tip.

Are you serious?

like someone said Cant go wrong wiht 32's. Im getting solomons this year though.

Yeah, but like someone else said, 32s are bulky. I made the 32- salomon switch- bought me some FDBs, and they are awesome. Nestors moldedmine for free, but i bought them there. They can mold them for you- they don't sell 32s anyway. If not, amateur athlete could mold them for you.

Yeah, but like someone else said, 32s are bulky. I made the 32- salomon switch- bought me some FDBs, and they are awesome. Nestors moldedmine for free, but i bought them there. They can mold them for you- they don't sell 32s anyway. If not, amateur athlete could mold them for you.

Solomon boots is where its at.

Sidenote they are great boots but there are a dozen great boots out there for my feet I like K2's better, but a lot of people find the 32s more comfortable. By now most of the original innovations of 32s have been copied but they still have a pretty cult following. Most boots have similiar foam, and I feel the 32s are getting somewhat flashy with their material choices, like the timba's this year, but whatever they're still a good boot.

That is probably one of the most arragant things i've ever heard...

Whatever man, work in a shop, spend two hours with a guy helping him with 10 pairs of boots, have him pick one out, write it down, walk out the door, buy it on the internet for $20 less than you seel it for, while you could have helped 2 or 3 other people but you were nice enough to spend the time with him instead. Now realize your paycheck is minimum wage for those 2 or 3 hours becuase you were answering all his questions and running around getting box after box, and tell me it doesn't suck. Its commission selling, I don't see how it is any differant being a waitor that gets snubbed with the tip. I'm all for people going into 3 or 4 shops and trying on differant brands of boots, seeing who is the most helpful, whatever. At least some sales guy out there worked hard enough, picked the right boot for you, and is getting the commission. If its not me, at least someone is. But if you come in, use all the services of the shop and then take advantage of buying it from somewhere that DOESN"T give those services (thus the price is less) you are cheating the shop and the guy working there. Tell me how that is not true? Sure its your right to do it, but I certaintly can think your a prick for doing it.

As if that last $20 matters in a sport where the lift tickets you buy are $65? But do you think the money matters to the kid who is working those weekend days hed rather be snowboarding? Hell yes it does.

So yea, a bunch of people are going to get mad about it, but guess what, I can't see a convincing arguement for how its differant than snubbing a waitor for a tip, someone tell me that.

Whatever man, work in a shop, spend two hours with a guy helping him with 10 pairs of boots, have him pick one out, write it down, walk out the door, buy it on the internet for $20 less than you seel it for, while you could have helped 2 or 3 other people but you were nice enough to spend the time with him instead. Now realize your paycheck is minimum wage for those 2 or 3 hours becuase you were answering all his questions and running around getting box after box, and tell me it doesn't suck. Its commission selling, I don't see how it is any differant being a waitor that gets snubbed with the tip. I'm all for people going into 3 or 4 shops and trying on differant brands of boots, seeing who is the most helpful, whatever. At least some sales guy out there worked hard enough, picked the right boot for you, and is getting the commission. If its not me, at least someone is. But if you come in, use all the services of the shop and then take advantage of buying it from somewhere that DOESN"T give those services (thus the price is less) you are cheating the shop and the guy working there. Tell me how that is not true? Sure its your right to do it, but I certaintly can think your a prick for doing it.

As if that last $20 matters in a sport where the lift tickets you buy are $65? But do you think the money matters to the kid who is working those weekend days hed rather be snowboarding? Hell yes it does.

So yea, a bunch of people are going to get mad about it, but guess what, I can't see a convincing arguement for how its differant than snubbing a waitor for a tip, someone tell me that.

If your working in a shop for a paycheck.. Then you honestly need to find a new job. Most people choose to work in shops because of the envirorment they work, the discounted goods they are able to buy, and being able to help out people that enjoy the same passions as them. Not for a paycheck.

If your working in a shop for a paycheck.. Then you honestly need to find a new job. Most people choose to work in shops because of the envirorment they work, the discounted goods they are able to buy, and being able to help out people that enjoy the same passions as them. Not for a paycheck.

What do you usually make working in a shop? That is actually one job I would love to have.

Whatever man, work in a shop, spend two hours with a guy helping him with 10 pairs of boots, have him pick one out, write it down, walk out the door, buy it on the internet for $20 less than you seel it for, while you could have helped 2 or 3 other people but you were nice enough to spend the time with him instead. .............what, I can't see a convincing arguement for how its differant than snubbing a waitor for a tip, someone tell me that.

I agree, I have always bought my boots from a store and would never waste their time trying on stuff only to go buy it online. ( Ihave also tipped the guy fitting my boots, was that the wrong thing to do?)

However, this weekend may provide some argument to this.

I bought my son new ski bindings at the loft this weekend and while we were there we looked at some boots for him, including having the guy size his feet and try on 1 pair, no special adjustments or trying multiple pairs. We didn't buy the boots because a) they told me his current ones still fit and b.) the new ones were labelled at $235 (my son has just turned 6). A quick look on line at home found the same boots for $119, no "special offer" price, from multiple sellers.

To be fair, I didn't push the sales guy to see if there was something he could do with the price, but if you label the boot / box with that price it's going to put people off.

Edited by Timeless

I'll answer a few questions (i also realized I came across as an ass before, wasn't a great day in general sorry)

1) If you come in and say, hey man I'm not going to buy a boot today but i want to try some on, I'll have no problem doing everything I do for a paying customer, I'll get you all the boots you want, spend all day with you. I do that a lot, especially weeknights when its not busy and people are stopping in after work. When they leave I give them my card, maybe they'll come back, maybe they'll send someone else back after getting good service. I'm not sure what percentage do but a hell of a lot do come back even if they found them cheaper somewhere else becuase I (or someone else in a good ski shop) helped them well. So its not buy or not buy, its being deceptive about what your intentions are. If you pretend like you are going to buy them when all the while knew you were just going to get them online, thats really lame.

2) I know about the pay believe me, I work in the summer for $15 an hour at an engineering internship that looked better on my resume and paid a lot more, but working in a ski shop is great (and with the perks you come out ahead a lot of the time so I'm not complaining about the job as a whole its great I'm going back for my winter break this year). Hourly is like minimum wage up depending on how old you are, how long you've worked there or at other shops etc. I started at like $7 an hour which was a $4 an hour cut from before but with commission it comes out to like $12 an hour if you do well, but if you don't do well it is back down to $7. Sometimes you have a good day and make $16 sometimes you have a bad day and make $9. If you aren't working on commission its like $8 which is about on par with working at Hollister or some other clothing store in the mall (this is all for teenagers don't know what older guys get), but your day is more likely to be retail store shit like tagging items, cleaning up dressing rooms, unpacking boxes. At least the shit your tagging and boxing is snowboarding gear. There are also people on commission selling clothes, they make equal or more than the guys selling gear. The shop usually throws a little extra on your paycheck for working in the shop tuning, or if you string tennis rackets etc becuase that is time you can't be selling so they make up for the loss of commission.

All in all, it works out better than most other teenage jobs in terms of money if you buy a lot of snowboarding gear. If you just walked out with the paycheck you'd have less, but I divide my money between saving, girlfriend, and snowboarding gear. Luckily, shes a snowboarder so most of the gifts are from the shop anyway so, I saved a shit load of money last year and came out way ahead just becuase of discounts.

But still, a discount on a snowboard doesn't pay for dinner out, or put gas in your car, and Mazda doesn't accept a snowboard as payment for the car. At some point the cash is important too.

3) All my comments are null and void if the guy at the shop sucks. If he sizes you wrong, doesn't know what the fuck he is doing, picks out the wrong shit, fuck him. We would never sell a kids boot for that much money, thats insane. We were selling adult boots for 60% off at our sale from last year, so that would a $500 plus boot to be at that price, which for most adults is overkill much less a 6 year old.

As for pricing in the shop, there is leeway depending on the time of year, high season like going into christmas you can't push much, but when there are down turns, warm weather, begining/end of season, the boss gives us a heads up on how far we can go off whatever the sticker says to get rid of stuff, so tell the guy hey I like this board but its too much for me. Maybe he'll make that work out for you, or maybe he'll show you a differant board thats similiar and he can make the price work. Sometimes one company isn't selling well and we can lower the price on those further than anyone else. Just talk to the guy its in his interest to find the right thing for you and have you walk out happy. If you walk out happy you come back next year for bindings, the year after for boots. If you walk out unhappy or feel ripped off you will never come back. We're not car salesmen who see you once every 5 years so whatever I won't be in the job by the time you get back. If you come back for tune ups, accessories, clothing, more gear, your kids rentals a happy customer will give more money to the shop on that stuff than one snowboard. (The margin on snowboards are low too becuase you can price shop around a lot more easily than ohter stuff)

just to put it out there...i didnt try on the boots by taking up a salesman's time...they had the boot out on the rack in a 8, 8.5, and a 9 depending on the color...so i jsut pulled them all dowwn and tried them on myself, while this kid who worked there just sat there and we talked about random stuff (where we like to ride, what we ride, what gears cool this year and whatever) i made it clear that i didnt intend on buying it right there and he was cool with that

ha yea she takes me out, she paid for us to go rock climbing for a date, thats when you know shes a keeper. Or when she get wrecked doing a boardslide one day but still managed to get dressed up nice that night, thats when you know.

The internship was a wierd deal, the guy really wanted me to go work for him but I didn't want to leave my job at the shop but he offered enough that it was worth it to leave. The shop works out becuase you have a hourly wage, commission, and then bonuses when you do ther stuff like tuning, stringing, and then there are spiff/tips/pro forms/discounts on gear & lift tickets, its a great job, except that you HAVE to work weekends, which as a high school kid eats into snowboarding time. Now as a college kid working weekends is awesome, i can ski during the weeks, work on the weekends, I get the money but miss the crowds. Most kids don't make out as well as I did at a shop, they hired 8 teenagers in august and by january there were 2 left and I made commission and hte other kid didn't. You have to work really hard, you have to go to all the gear clinics so you know your shit (i remember missing out on a sick halloween party becuase I was spending 4 hours listening to ski reps), so if you aren't committed and you don't go to the classes, you don't know your shit and you can't help anybody. But for anyone who loves winter its heaven, your office is a room full of gear with a tv playing snowboarding or skiing videos and you spend all day talking to people about what you love. Your lunch break is eating while you get to tune up your gear every week. Someday after my engineering career is done I might end up owning a ski shop out west, I know its a hard way to make money but if you were pretty set it would be a lot of fun.

Wow I didn't realize guys that worked in ski shops made that much money. I always thought it was pretty much minimum wage or maybe $7 bucks an hour tops...it's cool that you get commission...and $15 bucks an hour is a ton of money to make on a summer internship. I made 10 bucks an hour when I had a paid internship with Merrill Lynch..and I thought that was alot for when I was 19/20. Haha funny how you have a girlfriend budget...hopefully she also buys you alot of things and takes you out for dinner. Even though it's 2006, the man usually spends alot more money... :banghead

About the whole gf thing, for the first couple of months i payed for just about everything, but after that, we pretty much split the costs. Ill pay one time, she'll pay the next. Like today we went out to lunch, she grabbed the check before i could look at it..

Wow I didn't realize guys that worked in ski shops made that much money. I always thought it was pretty much minimum wage or maybe $7 bucks an hour tops...it's cool that you get commission...and $15 bucks an hour is a ton of money to make on a summer internship. I made 10 bucks an hour when I had a paid internship with Merrill Lynch..and I thought that was alot for when I was 19/20. Haha funny how you have a girlfriend budget...hopefully she also buys you alot of things and takes you out for dinner. Even though it's 2006, the man usually spends alot more money... :banghead

On average student teaching internships pay about negative $17 an hour.