Sorta funny

Ski

Now its a 20 million investment. And snow time, only showed intrest at the last minute, and tryed holding up the sale. If they wanted to buy it, they should have shown intrest like Sno, earlier. That was the reason for my hating of them, and also after meeting all the new owners, i think Sno will survive.

Snow Time was among the groups that had talked to the county since summer 2004 but never placed a formal bid because it believed the commissioners

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead, there is a new era...a time when the ski area will have it's greatest days ever. Jeez, it's almost a good thing that they aren't able to do everything at once; we are used to so little and have such low expectations, that a new lift, new guns, and new trails would have just been too much (eh, well, I'm totally exagerating, but you get the idea).

And I'm definitely buying you a moose hat when they go on sale! :)

ski:

Thanks for the offer for the hat, but like you I'll be happy if Sno Mountain is completely covered in snow this year and they speed up that Long Haul Triple.

Everyone:

No matter what happened politically, the deal is done, and Sno Mountain LLC is the owner.

They have a contract that stipulates that they make the investments stated in the contract. If they don't, the residents and local businesses of Scranton will be screaming and demanding that they honor the contract.

To be honest, regardless of the $30.00 hats; I think that they will have done a hell of a job (as opposed to a "heck of job") if they get the snowmaking in and the magic carpets installed for this season considering the delays!

They must have been on the phone everyday with the snowgun manufacturer, magic carpet manufacturer, and the contractors installing them, while they were talking with lawyers and trying to get the deal closed.

Also, they must have put nonrefundable deposits down in order to get everything on time. They don't start manufacturing snow guns and magic carpets until they have a deposit, and those are not "stock" items. If that doesn't show commitment, I don't know what does!

Let's all wait and see what this year brings and remember that they have A LOT to do in a very short time to get ready for this season. Based on the meetings they've had it appears that they are the type of people who listen to their customers and encourage feedback.

Just remember, they do have to make money to stay in business.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Hey, Old Geezer and Rob: :crymore::crymore:

Sorry to disappoint you mr. ski, but I have no skin in the game on this, nor am I shedding any tears over it.

Your strange gloating doesn't change the fact that the deal still sounds and smells fishy. That is based on the experience of being in and around local politics for a long time, since you were in diapers.

Sorry to disappoint you mr. ski, but I have no skin in the game on this, nor am I shedding any tears over it.

Your strange gloating doesn't change the fact that the deal still sounds and smells fishy. That is based on the experience of being in and around local politics for a long time, since you were in diapers.

I graduated from law school, then worked for newspapers and NYC news agencies for 15 years. Your hostility toward Mr. Carlson is more than fishy. I guarantee you harbor some personal ill will. Why not own up to it? That, Old Geezer, is gutless. That is something I generally attribute to dusty old men that write countless 'letters to the editor', bitching about, well, every Goddamn thing...

How many times---in the last 40 years---have you written a letter to your local paper complaining about Little League taking up space that you want to use to walk your dog (and you don't even own a dog)?

You obviously have no interest in any positive outcome for the ski area, since you posted that it should have been shut down if it were losing a million dollars a year. No real skier would ever say that; nobody that ever visited the hill and loved skiing could conceive of such blasphemy.

That's like saying runt puppies should be killed with a hammer, even if there are children waiting to adopt them!

The mountain formerly known as Montage is the true definition of a Littel Gem that Rocks...eh, with more snowmaking, new lifts, and a few more top to bottom trails, that is.

Oh, wait, that's what Mr. Carlson and the rest of SM LLC are bringing to us!

You may not have "skin" in this game (wtf does that really mean?), but I do. I have a family here and we chose Montage as the place to raise my next ski racer. After listening to every word and having read every document, I can safely say that I am a self-proclaimed, nearly sober expert in this matter: and Sno Mountain LLC was far and away the best choice for Montage.

Strange gloating you say? Why, yes, I am strange and I am gloating. My friends and non-friends on this MB will readily attest to both charges. So the fuck what? We won! I'm now heading into my livingroom where I plan to do a little more late night gloating. And isn't it strange that I just told you that?

The mountain formerly known as Montage is the true definition of a Littel Gem that Rocks...eh, with more snowmaking, new lifts, and a few more top to bottom trails, that is.

A diamond in the rough...make that a black diamond in the rough. Don't worry about the haters, soon we'll be riding at Sno Mountain and loving it.

They are even teaming up with local businesses :

Crossm.jpg

Grand openning giveway of a 2006 Artic Cat . Warhorse has teamed up with Sn

I wonder when i win it if they will let me use it on the slopes until the high speed lift gets put in :lol

Hmmmm...IDK, it'll all be fun and games, then you'll run over the moose.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that :tinfoil:

If you thought MC's description of a foot fetish was gross, just get him started on diaper fetishes.