PASR choose my destiny

Justin

So I'm ordering my new poles now, I'm getting the Joystick Spicolli (checkerboard pattern poles). They only have a 47" or 49"....I'm 5'7.5"-5'8"....what size you think I should get? I was leaning toward the 49", but I don't want them to be too long.....I should have 48" poles, but they don't come in even sizes, and I really don't feel like cutting them down.

So I'm ordering my new poles now, I'm getting the Joystick Spicolli (checkerboard pattern poles). They only have a 47" or 49"....I'm 5'7.5"-5'8"....what size you think I should get? I was leaning toward the 49", but I don't want them to be too long.....I should have 48" poles, but they don't come in even sizes, and I really don't feel like cutting them down.

im 6' and 50" poles are perfect.

I'd say 47" Freeridintre is around that height and he uses 47" i think.

Turn the pole upside down, put your hand under the basket. If your arm makes a 90 degree angle, its peffect. >90, too short...<90, too long.

and btw guys, you're giving him horrible advice telling him to get 49"s....chances are those are too long for him

who cares how long the poles are? its not THAT big of a deal seriously. I dont think a 1 inch difference either way is gonna affect anything. Hell the only thing i really use poles for is to push for extra speed or anger management.

go for the 49, and if you dont like it, cut them. easier to go long and cut them down, then go short and have to buy a new pair. they're only aluminum i'm pretty sure, so if you dont like em, just pop the grip off, cut two inches, and pop the grip back on. its really easy to do. how much are those poles anyway? they seem like a lot of money for a regular aluminum pole. you could get a k2 5speed for that price and its a composite pole thats lighter and stronger.

and in response to gurp, they dont do much in the park, but for skiing other places on the mountain, poles help out a lot. ever try skiing bumps with no poles? they help you get your rhythm down.

Edited by Justo8484

go for the 49, and if you dont like it, cut them. easier to go long and cut them down, then go short and have to buy a new pair. they're only aluminum i'm pretty sure, so if you dont like em, just pop the grip off, cut two inches, and pop the grip back on. its really easy to do. how much are those poles anyway? they seem like a lot of money for a regular aluminum pole. you could get a k2 5speed for that price and its a composite pole thats lighter and stronger.

Never again will I buy composites for freeskiing. I have 6speeds, and the baskets keep breaking off, cause they're the cheapest plastic ever made. I've gone through at least 6 sets of baskets. At least they send them for free. :rock

BTW, I just paid $40 for superlight aluminum GS racing poles. Anything more then that is just pointless.

Never again will I buy composites for freeskiing. I have 6speeds, and the baskets keep breaking off, cause they're the cheapest plastic ever made. I've gone through at least 6 sets of baskets. At least they send them for free. :rock

BTW, I just paid $40 for superlight aluminum GS racing poles. Anything more then that is just pointless.

Whoa! You mean to tell us that you don't buy 8 million dollar, super-light, super-strong, aerodynamic, anatomically body-molded to you in a wind tunnel poles?