Official: No Skiing Thanksgiving Weekend

skiddp

I called Jack Frost, and was told that since it rained today, BB will not be opening this weekend. Not at all, no small park, no three trails. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble. BB is targeting next weekend (the first in December) to open. The movie premiere is also still going on, but I guess it will cost money because people can't buy passes for the day.

i was there today. they have enough snow to be able to push it in a big pile and throw a few rails in for friday if they really wanted to, but i guess its not gonna happen. They should have used more compressed air guns and less fan guns. the fan guns dont preform as well in higher temps..

In other news, it looks like CB has blown a LOT more snow than BB when i drove down route 80 today... Looks like one more good night of snow making and they can open up a trail or two, and not baby trails like BB was going to open.

Jordan

i was there today. they have enough snow to be able to push it in a big pile and throw a few rails in for friday if they really wanted to, but i guess its not gonna happen. They should have used more compressed air guns and less fan guns. the fan guns dont preform as well in higher temps..

In other news, it looks like CB has blown a LOT more snow than BB when i drove down route 80 today... Looks like one more good night of snow making and they can open up a trail or two, and not baby trails like BB was going to open.

Jordan

lol, it may look like good coverage till they run the groomer over it. a foot of snow quickly turns into 1 inch of snow. They need those poles to be 10+ feet tall to open.

lol, it may look like good coverage till they run the groomer over it. a foot of snow quickly turns into 1 inch of snow. They need those poles to be 10+ feet tall to open.

OK my point that they can push enough snow together for a small rail jam still stands....

Jordan

The movie premiere is also still going on, but I guess it will cost money because people can't buy passes for the day.

THE PREMIERE IS FREE!!!!! There is going to be swag given away, some very nice stuff I might add. They have a huge screen so it is really worth it to go see this movie and hang out and meet the staff there before teh season has them too busy to chat.

We are going to be there early afternoon, I am taking several shovels in the event they will let us hike a couple jibs or something. It might be a muddy mess, but it is worth a shot given the alternatives to not going.

lol, it may look like good coverage till they run the groomer over it. a foot of snow quickly turns into 1 inch of snow.

Combine that with the fact that the ground is still warm and you will have a muddy slushy mess if they try to push anything around. Shovels is the best bet.

Good luck trying to get guys out there with shovels to move the piles!

:ph34r:

hahahaha... I got the king of mexico in my clan.. you know him right? His Highness.. Manual Labor

aka nipples...... :rock