Stupid ski area ideas...

Ski

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to see a lift ticket "fall off" and did not see any laying around at JF this weekend when i was there. I do not deny it happened, but i doubt it happens often. A way to make sure it doesnt and to keep track of it, get in a habit of showing it off to the lift attendants(even though they probably could care less). Make them aware you have one, and you will always know you have it on before going on the lift. I am sure a lift attendant will recognize someone who has showed his ticket everytime he has entered the lift. If it does fall off take it to management immediately. Show them, get a new one, and hopefully if it is an issue they will fix it. You cant blame them, people do take advantage, people could never put them on, give them to a friend then say it fell off. The easiest is same penalty for everyone without one($50 Fine + Cost of Ticket). Remember it is a crime to ski without a ticket(Theft of Services). Its your pass and your responsibility. DONT GET CAUGHT WITHOUT ONE, YOU CANT AFFORD IT!!!

I have yet to see a lift ticket "fall off" and did not see any laying around at JF this weekend when i was there. I do not deny it happened, but i doubt it happens often. A way to make sure it doesnt and to keep track of it, get in a habit of showing it off to the lift attendants(even though they probably could care less). Make them aware you have one, and you will always know you have it on before going on the lift. I am sure a lift attendant will recognize someone who has showed his ticket everytime he has entered the lift. If it does fall off take it to management immediately. Show them, get a new one, and hopefully if it is an issue they will fix it. You cant blame them, people do take advantage, people could never put them on, give them to a friend then say it fell off. The easiest is same penalty for everyone without one($50 Fine + Cost of Ticket). Remember it is a crime to ski without a ticket(Theft of Services). Its your pass and your responsibility. DONT GET CAUGHT WITHOUT ONE, YOU CANT AFFORD IT!!!

Another bb employee in the house. so what do you think of the recent chain of events at BB?

Dont know much about it and dont care to comment. I dont know both sides and JFBB is run by extremely bright individuals and do not make split second decisions. I am sure they have good reason and we should trust their decision.

Edited by bbg

Dont know much about it and dont care to comment. I dont know both sides and JFBB is run by extremely bright individuals and do not make split second decisions. I am sure they have good reason and we should trust their decision.

i dont know who runs it but a few years ago when they closed traxx that didnt seem like a smart choice. i know many people went on weekends and how upset alot of them were when it closed

To be honest, I dont think its a real big deal. JFBB will survive and be the greatest mtn.'s in the Poconos for sure. Grooming, Terrain, and Snowmaking counts alot. Parks also count and remember they still have the jibs and im sure they know how to set them up and they have a loyal park crew. I am sure you will have a blast at both resorts this season.

i dont know who runs it but a few years ago when they closed traxx that didnt seem like a smart choice. i know many people went on weekends and how upset alot of them were when it closed

they got rid of traxx because the insurance rates became obscene, and they were paying more out than they were taking in.

Jordan

Get over the loss of two park builders...life goes on

To be honest, I dont think its a real big deal. JFBB will survive and be the greatest mtn.'s in the Poconos for sure.

:yes . That's what I've said. The snowmakers, groomers, and grunts in the field are the biggest part who make everything happen.

OMG rubba dub dub.... 3 clueless noobs in a tub.. :wiggle

Well if you rode a lot of park, you would feel the difference. It was the difference between riding powder and riding a groomer, both were fun, but one was a lot more enjoyable. They make really smooth parks, everything flowed, everything was maintained well. In comparison, Shawnee, Camelback, Blue, they just can't do it up to the same level. I never saw JFBB before them, but I will after, so we'll see. But it is bigger than just 2 park crew guys leaving for sure.

Well if you rode a lot of park, you would feel the difference. It was the difference between riding powder and riding a groomer, both were fun, but one was a lot more enjoyable. They make really smooth parks, everything flowed, everything was maintained well. In comparison, Shawnee, Camelback, Blue, they just can't do it up to the same level. I never saw JFBB before them, but I will after, so we'll see. But it is bigger than just 2 park crew guys leaving for sure.

I don't do the features in the parks, but BB's parks last year looked like they had a lot of nice features and the big park had a bunch of large jumps. I did notice that this year there are gaps going onto the features. Last year, it seemed like they closed off the features, if a gap developed and you couldn't ride on....unless if there was some other reason.

It will save you, in the long run. Its expensive if you lose it. Just an easy way to keep track of it.

Extremely Bright- not meaning they are rocket scientists, but know the industry well

I have a season pass so I hopefully should not have to worry about it too much. But a word to the wise stick the the day pass somewhere were you won't fall on it and when you put it on, make sure it sticks in the middle, if iit start to slip off, goto guest services and ask for a new one. If they refuse, at least they know your face at that point.

But Big Boulder still has a Park Crue...

But blue has a park crew too, that doesn't mean they can setup a nice park. Someone has to design it, then park crew maintains is. A good construction company can't make the empire state building without a plan, just like a good plan is nothing without a good construction company. You need both halves of the equation, this season will probably turn out alright because I believe the plan is made, the jibs are made, etc. But this has made me not get a season pass next year because I am unconvinced they will be able to replace them.