Stupid ski area ideas...

Ski

:rofl, i see nothing is changed then. they dont check tickets, and then complain when they lose money because people ski without them.. Instead of implementing ticket checkers, they inconvienience season pass holders instead.

Jordan

Edited by jordan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl, i see nothing is changed then. they dont check tickets, and then complain when they lose money because people ski without them.. Instead of implementing ticket checkers, they inconvienience season pass holders instead.

Jordan

that clearly makes more sense, dont you think...?

:rofl , i see nothing is changed then. they dont check tickets, and then complain when they lose money because people ski without them.. Instead of implementing ticket checkers, they inconvienience season pass holders instead.

Jordan

I must be the only person they are checking, then. Tonight, once again, I got stopped at a different lift and by a different liftie and was told that I had to validate my pass and get a lift ticket and they seemed confused when I had to explain the VIP pass. The reason I got it was to avoid the inconvienence, but I'm now starting to wonder if it would have been easier to save the $100 and get the regular pass. Management better clear this up. It's not the lifties' fault, it's whoever is not passing this info along to the employees.

BB is not checking passes!! today my roommate said there were alot of kids in the park.. like it was pretty packed! then the park crew started checking everyones passes in the park and no one had tickets so almost everyone in the park got kicked off the mt or had to go get tickets

they also were checking tickets alot today!

Edited by brtndominant

I got scanned several times last year at MC

I am at Big boulder more then frost. so BB is first, reguardless of how the say it.

ive been a seasons pass holder at MC for the past 3 years and not once have i seen someone get scanned.. nor have i seen them standing there with scanners

The way Blue has it set up is the best...a check point at the Main Lodge and one at the Valley lodge..no ticket checkers needed at the lifts..this year I'm rocking the leg band..with red duct tape to ensure my pass won't fall out..How were the conditions at Big Boulder tonight? Any additional terrain open? The weather channel said 8 runs are now open..

The conditions were excellent again. There was also a light coating of natural snow, until it got really windy at the end of the night. They didn't open anything new, because they didn't get to blow anything last night. I talked to a snowmaker, as they were prepping the fans, and he said they are now going to start concentrating on putting a base down on the closed trails and blow additional snow on the open trails.

Yea so i have had a season pass for like 6 years at big boulder, whats going on with this whole pass thing, Oh and the passes still on the wickets or did they upgrade to the black zip tie type of pass holders? Im so stoked for this season, i cant wait to get up, i live in south Jersey, but after christmass im up at big boulder like every weekend, i got a house up there. The Z games Comps on friday nights are gonna be sick this year, theres gonna be so much progression at BB this year.

BB is not checking passes!! today my roommate said there were alot of kids in the park.. like it was pretty packed! then the park crew started checking everyones passes in the park and no one had tickets so almost everyone in the park got kicked off the mt or had to go get tickets

Yea dude, my friends fell off at like 8:20 and he got caught and he got taken to the ticket place. They had to get a general manager out and and he said that he couldent do anything about it and that he had to buy a new one. Then he says "not once have i ever had a lift ticket fall off". my friend then told him that it might have gotten snow in it and gotten ripped off when he fell on a rail and all the guy said was " it doesnt happen like that" He also said that he caught 25 people without passes and they all had to pay 50$ fines.

Yea dude, my friends fell off at like 8:20 and he got caught and he got taken to the ticket place. They had to get a general manager out and and he said that he couldent do anything about it and that he had to buy a new one. Then he says "not once have i ever had a lift ticket fall off". my friend then told him that it might have gotten snow in it and gotten ripped off when he fell on a rail and all the guy said was " it doesnt happen like that" He also said that he caught 25 people without passes and they all had to pay 50$ fines.

Did he know that it fell off? If so, he should have taken it to get a new one. I could see where the manager wouldn't believe this, if they did catch a lot of people without tickets and its usually inpossible to get the tickets off. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you have to look at it through their perspective, if they where having problems.

That same thing happened to me at Killington last year. I guess when I fell the ticket ripped off of the zip tie thing at one point. They weren't really checking hard so I don't know how long I went without it before they caught me. The guy at the lift just wouldn't let me ride it, they didn't want to get me in trouble or anything. I went to the lodge and explained it and they printed me in new one. Total time off the snow was less than 10 minutes.

Also happened to my friend last year at Camelback. We went to the guest services and tried getting him a new ticket and the lady kept giving us hell saying that it wasn't possible for a ticket to fall off because they had tested them under many different conditions. After about half an hour of arguing with the lady that we weren't trying to screw them over she took us to the ticket window where we purchased our tickets and asked the lady working if she remembered us buying a ticket. She said she remembered us and they finally gave him another ticket. I don't know if the lady actually rememered him or was just being nice, but it was definitely a frustrating time.

BB is NOW checking passes!! today my roommate said there were alot of kids in the park.. like it was pretty packed! then the park crew started checking everyones passes in the park and no one had tickets so almost everyone in the park got kicked off the mt or had to go get tickets

i mean NOW.. i accidently typed not before haha

Edited by brtndominant

Did he know that it fell off? If so, he should have taken it to get a new one. I could see where the manager wouldn't believe this, if they did catch a lot of people without tickets and its usually inpossible to get the tickets off. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you have to look at it through their perspective, if they where having problems.

He did know it fell off and i can see what you and the manager are saying becuase 25 other people got caught,its just that fact that he was a total asshole. "it doesnt happen they dont just fall off", Well it did happen to fall off so your making youself look like a total asshole. and he would nt even listen to us, i guess he thought he was tough cus he was a gm of a little mtn in Pa.

He did know it fell off and i can see what you and the manager are saying becuase 25 other people got caught,its just that fact that he was a total asshole. "it doesnt happen they dont just fall off", Well it did happen to fall off so your making youself look like a total asshole. and he would nt even listen to us, i guess he thought he was tough cus he was a gm of a little mtn in Pa.

I actually saw a lift ticket laying by the Tannenbaum lift, on Friday night. I wonder if they changed something with the sticker. I read somewhere on here about somebody using zip ties, instead of the metal wickets. They didn't switch from the wickets, did they?

I actually saw a lift ticket laying by the Tannenbaum lift, on Friday night. I wonder if they changed something with the sticker. I read somewhere on here about somebody using zip ties, instead of the metal wickets. They didn't switch from the wickets, did they?

no, they still have the metal wickets. I did notive while putting the pass on this year that adhesive on the back of the ticket was not sticking real well. Alot of times I've found passes on the groud they usually are because people A. put the wicket on upside down or B. has a zipper handle attached. a couple times I've found ripped ones. Usually by rails.

yeah this is actually the first place ive been in like 2 years htat still does the metal wicket thing. i guess i never really noticed before because you only needed your pass before..ugh

but yeah the zip tie ones are rad, never fall off

Edited by k2fujative