What trails is Blue opening with?

IrishSnow686

Anyone know what trails Blue Mt. might be opening with? My guess is the usual right side of the mountain where the majority are beginner trails.

Main Street, Main Street, Come around (with a few jibs), easy out, vista, explorer at MINIMUM.

However, by saturday we may be skiing top to bottom off the new 6pack with lazy mile, shuttle, tuts land, homestretch, and the falls.

Justo said they're pretty much blowing on everything but Paradise, Razors Edge, Challenge, and Sidewinder, and the lower terrain park and the 1/2 pipe.

Main Street, Main Street, Come around (with a few jibs), easy out, vista, explorer at MINIMUM.

However, by saturday we may be skiing top to bottom off the new 6pack with lazy mile, shuttle, tuts land, homestretch, and the falls.

Justo said they're pretty much blowing on everything but Paradise, Razors Edge, Challenge, and Sidewinder, and the lower terrain park and the 1/2 pipe.

Haha ... the only two I want they're not blowing snow on :unsure:

Anyone know if there will be reduced ticket rates for Friday if they are not open top to bottom? The warmer temps today aren't helping :(

Anyone know if there will be reduced ticket rates for Friday if they are not open top to bottom? The warmer temps today aren't helping :(

If they are NOT open from top to bottom, expect 1/2 price lift tickets. This weather really won't matter, as they'll be 24/7 on the trails they're opening on friday until friday morning, and they'll keep on blowing into Saturday on the trails they don't have open. :rock

Razors and Challenge take the most snow to open...be patient young grasshopper...

Switchback takes a good amount too, and they usually focus on other trails. What about Paradise? Thats a real long trail, and I would argue that Sidewinder takes the most snow to open in order to be built correctly.

Edited by freeridintre

i dont know what i'm talking about sometimes but dont be suprised if main street doesn't open. If you think i'm talking out my a** i may but i'll be sure tomarrow when i look out the window... or wait... today. Lazy mile, not by this weekend. the weather is looking pretty lame next week, temps up to 50 during the day? wtf lets take PA and move it.. say.... far north

i dont know what i'm talking about sometimes but dont be suprised if main street doesn't open. If you think i'm talking out my a** i may but i'll be sure tomarrow when i look out the window... or wait... today. Lazy mile, not by this weekend. the weather is looking pretty lame next week, temps up to 50 during the day? wtf lets take PA and move it.. say.... far north

you're sadly mistaken if you think blue would open without Main Street. It was obvious they were blowing on that from the webcam, and they clearly state they are blowing snow on it on the snow report :banghead

Um.. They opened mainstreet with far less time to blow snow then this last year...

On the ski report Dennis said 6-7 runs for tomorrow with most of Midway and Mainstreet open.. :confused The 50 degree projected temps are more for the Philly area..it looks like low to mid 40s at Blue next week with night-time lows in the mid 20s..Snowmaking tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night..part of the day Saturday, Saturday night...and Sunday night should allow Lazy 1.6km to open soon.

ok so me and justo figured it out, and your right mc, most of mainstreet, meaning from the comearound access to it, to the bottom, cause from there up to the top of mainstreet, is pretty much no snow, so we're finally getting the crap straight. and i cant see the bottom of main from my house. so thats why i wasn't sure

ok so me and justo figured it out, and your right mc, most of mainstreet, meaning from the comearound access to it, to the bottom, cause from there up to the top of mainstreet, is pretty much no snow, so we're finally getting the crap straight. and i cant see the bottom of main from my house. so thats why i wasn't sure

they were blowing snow on xing, so maybe from xing down?

there blowin on challenge right now as we speak, drove by on my way home from doin a little xmas shopping. thats all i could really see, some snow in the base area as well, and more snow on main, and vista and such

you sure just not falls, because that makes no sense. they'd definatly get razors open before challenge for the race team. :banghead