opening crap

supertrooper12

stickers haha, thats how i found out about this site, i think i saw one on a lift tower at blue? anyway if i had one id rock one on my helmet, but a stencil will do i guess for id purposes.

ill definately be there saturday night. 13 features sounds really sick, cant wait.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear everyone is pumped up for thursday, so are we. As of opening tommorrow morning there should be 13 features, including the small staircase, s-rail, 42ft handrail, and many more. We will be working hard to keep these features riding perfect, even though weather doesnt look to cooperate. Have a good night everyone, cya tommorrow ANDY

OHHHH NOOOO not the s rail!!!!! not on opening day!!! COME ON...... unless its a new one then that would be pretty sweet....

:rolleyes: I just wanted to give a mid day update, I am very pleased with how the park is riding at the moment, we also are now up to 14 features, the Cliff has a hip style hit off of it, seems to be pretty popular, We also havent lost as much snow during the day as i thought we would. Looks to be a very good nyte to ride, hope to see everyone up here!

There should be pictures up on SKIBEARCREEK.COM of our setups, If there not up yet they should be up shortly, ill try to post some in here! ANDY

well i just got home, i was up there sice 8 this morning and i got to say i was pleasently suprised, for what they had to work with bear did a good job. they had a good variety of stuff and for the most part everything was good. I only have one major complaint and andy if you read this can you please please try and fix this.... most of the lips up the rails ( and when i say most i mean almost all) were entirely to big, they shot you half way down the rail. it seemed like the jumps up to the rails were like booter style rather then a nice mellow long jump. a good example of this is exactly how BB and mtn creek set up their rails, they have a nice mellow jump up to them and if your stading in front lookign down the rail the lip should end a little under or in line with the bottom part of the sliding surface so its still an ollie on and not a ride over the booter and land half way down thing. now dont get me wrong b/c in nooo way am i trashing bear, i had soo much fun today and everything was very nice plus i know that all the lips were hand built and stuff b/c you couldnt take a groomer up ( or so someone from the park crew said) but just for future reference thats one of the things that ide reallllly like to see fixed. oh yeah im working on putting an edit together from opening day so when i get that done ill post a link to it. once again bear creek best park on the east coast 06-07 BOOYEAH!!!!!!

The first two rails are nice, the 3rd one (round bar) looks like it's setup really well. Not sure about the S rail, looks smooth but scary with the legs and no skirting, thats a leg breaker. The staircase is super tight. Props for getting so much setup with such crappy weather. Looks like the coverage is ok right now but looks thin, I hope the weather doesn't treat you too bad.

The first two rails are nice, the 3rd one (round bar) looks like it's setup really well. Not sure about the S rail, looks smooth but scary with the legs and no skirting, thats a leg breaker. The staircase is super tight. Props for getting so much setup with such crappy weather. Looks like the coverage is ok right now but looks thin, I hope the weather doesn't treat you too bad.

Oh and Nick I bet they're high right now because they are going to melt like crazy over the next few days, if they start too low and melt you'll be screwed because you can't really build them up much without a snowcat so it has to last all day.

Yea I remember March like 2 or 3 seasons ago there was this upslope 3" wide rail at Mountain Creek, it had like a 1 foot overhang. My friend and I hit it all morning, came back after lunch and the lip had melted, and my friend came up low and took the rail to his hip at a lot of speed since it was upslope and it looked so painful I can't even describe it, when it gets sunny they melt fast.

I want to say thanks to Andy and all his guys for doing a great job setting up the park in such tough conditions.

Thanks to all the riders that came out on opening day and supported your local hill, we really appreciate your loyalty.

I also want to point out that Nick's post was great constructive criticism. If there is something that isn't right with the park, or anything at Bear Creek, please take the time to post and let us know where we can improve.

Method 9455 is dead on with that thought, we do know a few if not all of the rails lips are a bit higher then needed, but we are afraid of losing a lip mid day and having to close a feature, just thought id add that, ANDY

wow sorry, i didnt even think of that, makes sense though def...sorry for being dumb

I want to say thanks to Andy and all his guys for doing a great job setting up the park in such tough conditions.

Thanks to all the riders that came out on opening day and supported your local hill, we really appreciate your loyalty.

I also want to point out that Nick's post was great constructive criticism. If there is something that isn't right with the park, or anything at Bear Creek, please take the time to post and let us know where we can improve.

Oh my god a ski area that gets it.

i just wanna say props to bear. definitly one of the best sessions ive had, especially for an opening day. i especially loved the cliff drop. me and my buddy dan were disappointed to learn that it was closed but luckily we were able to hop over the net and setup a decent kicker with the help of some other riders, and it was def one of the sickest feautures there. again props to bear for a nice opening day.

Edited by live2snowboard

wow sorry, i didnt even think of that, makes sense though def...sorry for being dumb

hey! The general manager thanked you... no worries!

Oh my god a ski area that gets it.

Ah yep.. Funny how fast BB overshadowed everyone for a short period. Method so you know, BC has always "gotten it" Last year, they had an unheard of public forum for everyone to voice there comments, suggestions and concerns regarding the park.

Looking good Andy! BTW we saw you and your girl at BB but didn't get a chance to say hello!

gallery_379_125_51552.jpg