CUTE without the E from the Team?

method9455

If this was said, then I'm sorry, but I don't feel like reading all this crapola. All I have to say is

Park Crew = Setups

Park Logic = New Jibs

Park Logic ≠ Park Crew

you honestly think that park logic had nothing to do with setups?

Jordan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros would not come to BB becuase they have some good jibs and a couple big jumps. They would go to a mtn like Mammoth or Park city

hahahahaa no shit... eastern "pro" skiers always migrate west. duh.... I believe that park logic would have created "pro" caliber that even a "pro" would like...

and those setups, last weekend were mountain creek set ups. (to who ever said the park crew = setups) so regardless if park crew physically built them, it appeared to me to be an exact duplication of what we have seen from jiblab last year. Oh! the Mountain creek visitors to BB last weekend are all saying the same thing.

I dont understand why people keep saying that BB would have been put on the "national level". Yea they might have gotten SOME coverage, maybe a picture or two in mags. But bb does not have the vertical for it. Pros would not come to BB becuase they have some good jibs and a couple big jumps. They would go to a mtn like Mammoth or Park city where the get 10x the vert, just as good jibs and most likly bigger jumps and have high speed quads and six packs and even gondolas. When BB has next to no vert. compared to these mtns and slow chairs.

Just my 2 cents

Big Boulder has more vert than Ecko Mountain and you see that everywhere.

Big Boulder has more vert than Ecko Mountain and you see that everywhere.

funny you mention echo, I sent contact info, trying to help out. yeah method, whaleback, Snow park, there are a couple of others whose name escapes me right now, all of them are tiny verts, that is the beauty of what I think the park logic guys were onto except and an endless water supply, coldest temps in our area, new machinery, new jibs, new attitude along with the management, promotion, contacts and enthusiasm to make it happen. what a killer formula!

It is really interesting to me that no one has yet mentioned who is going to step and lead the crews or even who was there last year.

didn't we discuss this already, i think we have a pretty safe assumption

Jordan

Well the ParkLogic guys were by name, lets get some names up in here? Who is going to try to fill these shoes.

I'm just wondering who Papa will be addressing his request for a refund on those season passes later in the year when JFBB turns out to be no big deal.

Well the ParkLogic guys were by name, lets get some names up in here?

If you have been skiing at JFBB for long enough, you know. If not, well, I'm sorry but i dont think it is a good idea to post names up here. They won't mean much to you anyway.

Jordan

If you have been skiing at JFBB for long enough, you know. If not, well, I'm sorry but i dont think it is a good idea to post names up here. They won't mean much to you anyway.

Jordan

Your right, haven't been at JFBB at all. Was a Mountain Creek local. Followed Shawn and Julian to JFBB from all the marketing hype, and knowing they could deliver on it. Now they are out of MC because they were attracted by JFBB, got shafted by JFBB, and aren't making a park anywhere around here. Sucks for the large number of Creek locals who were excited to see them get some snow to play with, now we don't get to ride anything by them. In my estimation Peak fucked up 2 parks, they hurt MC by pulling those guys away, and then messed up their own.

Your right, haven't been at JFBB at all. Was a Mountain Creek local. Followed Shawn and Julian to JFBB from all the marketing hype, and knowing they could deliver on it. Now they are out of MC because they were attracted by JFBB, got shafted by JFBB, and aren't making a park anywhere around here. Sucks for the large number of Creek locals who were excited to see them get some snow to play with, now we don't get to ride anything by them. In my estimation Peak fucked up 2 parks, they hurt MC by pulling those guys away, and then messed up their own.

Haha wow so true dude.

I really dont understand why you guys are making such a big deal outa this. Yes i understand some shit went down, Park logic built rails and now is gone. Come on now. Do you really think 2 guys created boulder WHOLE park? It takes alot more than 2 guys to make a nice park. And park logic pretty much showed the bb park crew how to run a good park. If u were at big boulder tonight u would understand. Without park logic the merry widow park was set up extremely well. Like mountain creek pretty much. With or without parklogic, the bb park will be nice cause even if noone realizes it, Parklogic tought bb how to set up a nice park. Everyone need to have faith. The only thing that sucks is no more new rails till they find a new welder.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying getting rid of parklogic was a good idea, and i dont know the full details of the situation, but from a riders perspective i really dont think the decision big boulder made is gonna hurt them for this season. The park crew knows what there doing and they have the rails to do it with. so before everyone gets all sceptical on boulders ability to run a kick ass park lets what to see what unfolds.

gurp, people aren't as angry because they dont think bb will have a good park rather that BB pulled the carpet out from underneath parklogic. many are angry because it seems like BB USED parklogic for jibs and park knowledge and then sold them out.

gurp, people aren't as angry because they dont think bb will have a good park rather that BB pulled the carpet out from underneath parklogic. many are angry because it seems like BB USED parklogic for jibs and park knowledge and then sold them out.

OHHHHHHHHHHH ok never mind my last post then.

But papa said he baught passes there only for park logic. thats what i read i think

Edited by Gurp

OHHHHHHHHHHH ok never mind my last post then.

But papa said he baught passes there only for park logic. thats what i read i think

thats what i got out of these threads...i guess other people may have different opinions

No its real true... BB really pissed me off after investing so much and pulling the plug after all the work PL did for them... not very professional what so ever. The least they could do is hold out for the season, but to terminate them after all the fabricating and sponsorship help... down right wrong. Park Logic was used, its a mockery of park designers period.

And its not like they used them and kicked them out at the end of the year, they were used and kicked out at a time when no mountain needs a park designers. If you don't have a park designer right now, its just not happening. So basically, they fired them and are paying a bunch of lower paid guys to finish the job. Thats bullshit.

Beyond that, I don't think anyone is saying BB will now have a bad park. Thats not what this is about. But it won't be the same as when they were there. And yes, a lot of people went just for these guys. It is about the vibe, the scene, the whole package. There are plenty of people out there who can weld nice jibs, it was a hell of a lot of intangible stuff that went with it. That is gone.

I really want to ride there jibs but I actually feel bad throwing money in Peak's direction now. I'll probably just ride Creek again and visit JFBB once or twice when they have the full park setup, and hit up Bear Creek when I'm down in Delaware because those guys are the closest to Shawn and Julian in terms of caring about the riders.

hahahahaa no shit... eastern "pro" skiers always migrate west. duh.... I believe that park logic would have created "pro" caliber that even a "pro" would like...

and those setups, last weekend were mountain creek set ups. (to who ever said the park crew = setups) so regardless if park crew physically built them, it appeared to me to be an exact duplication of what we have seen from jiblab last year. Oh! the Mountain creek visitors to BB last weekend are all saying the same thing.

i def agree, anyone who has ever ridden mtn creek could def tell that the set ups were VERY VERY similar..

I dont understand why people keep saying that BB would have been put on the "national level". Yea they might have gotten SOME coverage, maybe a picture or two in mags. But bb does not have the vertical for it. Pros would not come to BB becuase they have some good jibs and a couple big jumps. They would go to a mtn like Mammoth or Park city where the get 10x the vert, just as good jibs and most likly bigger jumps and have high speed quads and six packs and even gondolas. When BB has next to no vert. compared to these mtns and slow chairs.

Just my 2 cents

I didn't think of it like that. You do make a good point with Mountains out west having the same caliber with longer runs.

The one thing that sort of didn't make sense to me was that in almost all of the snowmaking videos, they seemed to concentrate on PL. I felt bad for the snowmaking crew. The snowmakers are the people that should be getting just as much applause....without them and the excellent job the did/ do, all of this wouldn't be possible. Also, bashing BB and begging them to bring back employees probably won't work. Remember how much changed from the pre-season complaints about the season pass...nothing.

Quote of the day: "To those that know us, it has been a struggle to find a hill to call home for numerous reasons, mostly because the terrain and/or program does not match our skill levels."

Anyway...here's the lesson of this thread: if you are a professional with unique skills like the PL guys, do your work AFTER getting a signed contract. I can't believe they would perform all that work and allow their names to be used all on some handshake deal...

Whether right or wrong, JFBB has some bad karma issues this season that they need to deal with.

Quote of the day: "To those that know us, it has been a struggle to find a hill to call home for numerous reasons, mostly because the terrain and/or program does not match our skill levels."

Anyway...here's the lesson of this thread: if you are a professional with unique skills like the PL guys, do your work AFTER getting a signed contract. I can't believe they would perform all that work and allow their names to be used all on some handshake deal...

Whether right or wrong, JFBB has some bad karma issues this season that they need to deal with.

Interesting, 45 years have taught me something about Karma, sadly you are correct.... What comes around, goes around, you do reap what you sow.

Another ironic thing, not that it matters is that 4 family friends in a similar mode as ours moved onto other slopes this season after calling JFBB home previous years. What is really funny about this is that they are from Northern Jersey, close to mountain creek. 2 families relocated to Breck and the other 2 are in Camelbacks freestyle program. I didn't talk to the 2 that went to CB pre-season and as of sunday, they were pissed that they didn't stay at JFBB. Now it looks like they made the progressive move, because BB will likely level back to where they were last year.

As far as the comment about snow making, those SMI guns are computer controlled, the person who really makes the difference with snow making is the mountain manager who directs where the guns are to be pointed not the snow making crew. The snow making crew gets the press cause those guys typically work in extreme conditions. The quality of the snow at BB is a direct result of a computer program. Quickly disappearing are the days where they turn valves to get the optimum mix.

And its not like they used them and kicked them out at the end of the year, they were used and kicked out at a time when no mountain needs a park designers. If you don't have a park designer right now, its just not happening. So basically, they fired them and are paying a bunch of lower paid guys to finish the job. Thats bullshit.

Beyond that, I don't think anyone is saying BB will now have a bad park. Thats not what this is about. But it won't be the same as when they were there. And yes, a lot of people went just for these guys. It is about the vibe, the scene, the whole package. There are plenty of people out there who can weld nice jibs, it was a hell of a lot of intangible stuff that went with it. That is gone.

I actually feel bad throwing money in Peak's direction now.

This expresses how I feel too, just me, not my kids, my kids will have fun anywhere. Also, did those guys buy or move to the Lake Harmony area? I thought I saw a comment to that effect somewhere.

This expresses how I feel too, just me, not my kids, my kids will have fun anywhere. Also, did those guys buy or move to the Lake Harmony area? I thought I saw a comment to that effect somewhere.

The SMI guns at JFBB are not self-automated. There is no computer system in the maintenance building that controls them all. The snowmakers do in fact hike the mountain day and night individually managing each gun. So the snowmaking crews at both JF and BB deserve huge amounts of praise.

The SMI guns at JFBB are not self-automated. There is no computer system in the maintenance building that controls them all. The snowmakers do in fact hike the mountain day and night individually managing each gun. So the snowmaking crews at both JF and BB deserve huge amounts of praise.

Hey fluffy, thanks for the clarification. Those new fan guns can be computer controlled based on the humidity and temperature, correct? Otherwise, I got a total piece of BS information.... again! sorry...

Sounds like you know what is up, so what was the story between park logic and the snow makers anyhow?

OK - folks, I think we are all in agreement. I should start a new thread. The new thread should be asking where the new guy is and where the edit of the new jumps for this weekend is. Thats how you create a sick park.. You know that if PL was here they would be getting the word out by now with exactly that. Come on mountain managers step up to the plate, don't let us down.

I'm just wondering who Papa will be addressing his request for a refund on those season passes later in the year when JFBB turns out to be no big deal.

I will call a spade a spade, and try to work forward with an open mind and the thinking that the pissed off BB locals are working hard right now to live up to all of our expectations.

I explained in other threads/posts. Nipples last year would write Bear Creek as his home mountain on Competition Entry forms (we rarely went there except for comps) he wants to be associated with the best in his opinion. I guided and advised him to changes at BB and he chose BB over BC this season. Gurp, you know he liked BB in the past but last year it would have still been 4th or 5th on his list. For example: he said he wanted to visit Shawnee this weekend, I told him keith wasn't there anymore, that changed that idea..

No its real true... BB really pissed me off after investing so much and pulling the plug after all the work PL did for them... not very professional what so ever. The least they could do is hold out for the season, but to terminate them after all the fabricating and sponsorship help... down right wrong. Park Logic was used, its a mockery of park designers period.

This is the part that blows me away! I have been watching this thread and the number of guests that are reading it along with members who are not chiming in astounds me. I really feel strongly that it can't possibly be too late to make ammends and get something worked out for the long term stellar success of what (we in the know) of this hill. I mean, come on.. how many people would up and quit if they were brought back?

Now, let's either end the bashing of BB and focus on helping them or petition them to bring back PL, because Jesse assured us that nothing was going to change and they are still committed to the park. Where is our weekly update and video of this weeks improvements?

Just a polite reminder:

Shawn and Julian are two of the most talented people that I have worked with, and have done a tremendous job bringing freestyle terrain here to a new level. Their knowledge, experience, and hard work have been a great asset to JFBB.

I would like to assure everyone that our commitment to freestyle terrain has not changed. Our commitment will continue to show throughout the season in our 5 parks and pipe.

The park build on Merry Widow was postponed Monday, but will resume Tuesday, with a scheduled opening date of Wednesday @ 3pm.

Jesse Boyd

GM

Jack Frost & Big Boulder

Edited by Papasteeze