Bear Creek Park Report Thread

Tyler

Ok, since Bear Creek opens tomorrow. Lets get this rolling. Lets also try to keep alot of the outside crap out of this thread so that people can get right to what they are looking for.

Make sure to include the date, conditions, features or new features, and anything else you find important. :wiggle

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12/14/06 3:30-9:00 pm

13 features open counting the cliff. Everything is set up well. No jumps just rails. Coverage was decent for the 55 degree day. A few barespots, but all are pretty easily avoidable. Park crew did a great job, i saw them repairing features left and right.

im heading to blue know, then to bear creek on the way home. i dindt want to be confined to 2 trails all day.

although, the temps are droppin below freezing at night starting tuesday, according to accuweather. everyone pray or burn an old snowboard, whichever you prefer.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-15day...62&metric=0

Edited by evo55

The temperatures got down to 33F last night so the snow was able to firm up a bit and allow us to do a bit more pushing. We have decent coverage on open trails today and all the features are still in great shape thanks to the park crew.

We are going to stay open as long as we possibly can given the forecast. It looks like we do have a possibility of some colder weather on Tuesday and Wednesday nights to patch things up and keep the trails open. Let's hope the forecast holds true!

The temperatures got down to 33F last night so the snow was able to firm up a bit and allow us to do a bit more pushing. We have decent coverage on open trails today and all the features are still in great shape thanks to the park crew.

We are going to stay open as long as we possibly can given the forecast. It looks like we do have a possibility of some colder weather on Tuesday and Wednesday nights to patch things up and keep the trails open. Let's hope the forecast holds true!

Well I hope so because I think I am going to head up on sunday.

12/16 9:00am-3:00pm

everything that was open is still open, snow seems to be holding up decently. Park crew was hard at work all day. Features were nice and well maintained. There were a few little kickers made by boarders that were a lot of fun...

12-17 9:00-1:00

Snow is turning more brown, conditions are getting worse.... Park crew still did a good job maintaining the same features...features were set up the same as in previous days but the snow was fairly brown in spots with some rocks.

• 4 weeks later...

1/12/07- Ill keep this one going. We had all of the features in cacsade yesterday. After the drop in there is the flat bar which is next to where the future tree jib will go. The cliff is open to drop but there is no lip off of the top yet. After that, there is then an option of a flat box or a flat rail. Then there is an option of a "step down box" feature or the long urban handrail. Then the small staircase is set up perfectly. Definately the feature of the day. Then an upsloped picnic table that is getting ripped up buy everyone. Then there is another flat box. Finally a rainbox box ends the run. Not to bad for the amount of snow we have. Expect more and bigger features once we blow snow this upcomming week. There are alot more jibs sitting off to the side of the trail just waiting for more snow to be set up. All and all it was a good first night and everyone was throwing down and having a good time.

Edited by swdorsey

1-13 8:30-1:30

conditions were good in the morning, then as the rain and more people came they got worse...same features as dorsey described...the stepdown box, teh rainbow and the cliff were all very fun...conditions were fairly sketchy...i hope they can hold out till after monday...part of me hopes they close for the week and reopen friday or saturday with plenty of new snow

Everyone's already said it all the bare spots sucked and the slush was no good, I definitely ate it into the mud/slush next to the double rail on cascade also there was some slow stuff before the small staircase. Other then all that it was a great time love the cliff and the rainbow and that step down box!

1/19

Conditions weren't the greatest tonight. It was really icey and it was pretty crowded. I left at about 8:45 and they were just starting up the snow guns.

I had a half-day today, so when I got there the conditions were still pretty good, it wasnt that crowded and they had a nice setup on cascade, with one really nice box...although they worked on the staircase the whole day but the jump leading up to it sucked anyway..