Bear Creek Park Report Thread

Tyler

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time ever at bear tonight, first time ever riding a real park. I got owned a few times, but all in all i was impressed. As a beginner i had some trouble because of the landings/sides of the box on the first box and the table, i dont know what there usually like this could be normal. I cant wait to come back!

Edited by bmatyeah

The jump line in tubing will be open tommorrow, but while the MASS competition is taking place during the morning, it will be closed to the public. On Sunday our snowtubing park is opening, but we will still have the jump line in that area. In fact, the plan is to keep that jump line through the rest of the season as long as we have the snow!

The jump line in tubing will be open tommorrow, but while the MASS competition is taking place during the morning, it will be closed to the public. On Sunday our snowtubing park is opening, but we will still have the jump line in that area. In fact, the plan is to keep that jump line through the rest of the season as long as we have the snow!

Ok, thanks for the clarification...jump line AND tubing..this is awesome!

the side of the park with small staircase had a ton of snow...all the rails were buried including part of the staircase. the rails in the jumpline were sick, the flat down was nice. bordercross was fun. after a couple of park runs i realized today was not my nite to be riding park...so i just goofed around on the other side.

that always happens when it is cold, windy, and icy. At least for me.

Theprogram4 is right, the rails were buried. When we got the crazy cold temperatures on Thursday night our groomers couldn't keep up with the guns and we buried a lot of the features on Cascade. We really want to bury that trail so we can start building big features. Some if not all the rails should be dug out by this afternoon.

The boarder cross on Black Bear will remain in place until Monday or Tuesday.

The pipe should be ready to cut by mid to late week.

The jump line in the Tube Park will stay all season long.

just got back

conditions were great! a few new small jumps, and the big staircase is open. Which is sweet! The comp. was going on the whole time. PLEASE tell me you are leaving the dfd, the fd, and the wallride up on tubing, so sweet.

today the usasa comp was sick everything was set up perfict

the cascade park all the rails were so burried and kinda gay...

think you should pull all the rails out and rebuild them

thanks park crew

did anyone happen to film the usasa comp?

went up this morning. got about 4th chair. park was great. perfectly groomed in most spots. The lips onto the rails were nice. The flat down and the new wall ride are so nice. Jump Line was in good shape, and the stairset was nice. The two small jumps in cascade and the one into the pipe are still there. I can't wait to see them make black bear into a park again... I really wanna see another hip on the right side as you come down cascade like last year, their spines are fun too.

Hey everyone, Just thought id post an update:

Upper Black Bear Terrain Park:

Currently Boarderx/skierx course (turning into intermediate park this week)

Lower Black Bear Terrain Park:

Large Staircase

25ft handrail

15ft flat box-gap- 20ft down box

25ft flat bar rail

Cascade terrain park:

cliff drop

35ft flat rail

20ft C-Box

42ft Urban handrail

30ft Flat Box

Small Staircase

2- Small Table tops

Tubing Park Terrain Park:

35 ft Flat Down Box

40 ft Down-Flat-Down Box

Small Step Down

Medium Step Down

20ft Up Rail

Med/Lrg Step down style table

New Wallride (Mellow)

hope everyone is liking it, cya around Andy

Ok so I just got back and loved it the cliff was incredible and I'm so glad you guys finished opening the small staircase and fixed the 42ft urban also the big staircase is awesome everything else was great; but you might want to look into finding a way to control who comes into the big hit and cascade parks because there were alot of little kids all over the place on both, especially in the second and third big hit knuckles and on the in run to the cliff which also you might want to look into dying or chalking or whatever you call it when you lay down color on the landing or take off because I found myself getting lost and unable to spot the real landing on it.