Bear Creek Park Report Thread

Tyler

Holy crap it was icy last night (and I haven't sharpened my edges in a while.) And crowded. The lift lines were pretty unruly around 7-8.

Park was nice - I was really impressed by how much they got open and up in the short amount of time this week.

I'm not sure, however, how the new "entrance" to the park is going to prevent the wrong people from strolling through any more than the old setup allowed. And by wrong people I mean families taking their little tikes out for the first time, rolling over jumps, getting stuck at the top, etc.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Park was sweet but some comments:

The C-box is set up at a bad angle in relationship to the lip so it is hard to flow smoothly onto it

The tree bonk quarter pipe is way too short and steep to allow for any kind of bonking

The new d-f-d box needs to get set up off of the cliff drop OR the cliff drop could have a steeper more quarterpipe like landing so your not just smashing to flat ice

Finally the jumpline in the tubing park needs to get built quick b/c that one table is getting beat like a blind step-child.

i agree, everything was set up nice. i was only up for 2 runs though! i came down real hard on the flat rail and my board bent alot and i fell pretty hard. then the next run down my board was not staying straight, and would just give out on every turn. i think i broke the core? :angry:

just got back around 8.

it wasn't bad, just a few problems.

c-box was set up terribly, you would either have no speed or go at it at a terrible angle.

the one straight box at the top was wayy too over crowded, and the gator hole to the right was pissin' me off.

there was an awful excuse for a jump, i pulled one 3, but it was crappy as hell considering you oculd never get speed.

and the down flat double box throws you to the left. granted i had a few nice butters on it, just takes a while to get used to.

staircase was alright, just made me mad that the rail was basically ride on.

but besides that bear was real nice today, anyone goin' up tomorrow?

park crue i think it would cool if you set up that other red rail, the one just like the ones on the stair case somewhat low to the ground and as a jump on. it would be fun to just mess around on but also cuz i need to get my confidence back up on jump ons cuz i took a bad ball on one so yeh. and the other thing is why is the c box always set up going to the right? is there a reason because i would rather have it going to the left but thats just my personal preference. otherwise the park is rediculous!!!

Just got home, everything was pretty good, its nice to see the lips finally starting to llok good, and park crew out there liek every 20 minutes fixing the stuff, great job guys. the big news though..... JUMP LINE TO OPEN IN THE NEXT 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!! they were grooming it all day while i was there and working on getting it ready, should be pretty sick. Overall a very fun day.

Just got home, everything was pretty good, its nice to see the lips finally starting to llok good, and park crew out there liek every 20 minutes fixing the stuff, great job guys. the big news though..... JUMP LINE TO OPEN IN THE NEXT 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!! they were grooming it all day while i was there and working on getting it ready, should be pretty sick. Overall a very fun day.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

nicks right, they were grooming all day, i was there from open till about 12...everything was set up good. same as its been. BC's park crew is the best around.

I was there from open till one and I thought in the beginning, the lips for the rails were good although as the day went on, they got smaller and I ate shit like five times on the box in the begining cause I couldnt get enough pop off the lip. I had a better day on friday, although it was nice to see that they were setting up the jump line the whole day and they where blowing on cascade.