Bear Creek Park Report Thread

Tyler

would u guys mind leaving the flow box as a ride on i really liked learning on that

would u guys mind leaving the flow box as a ride on i really liked learning on that

just got back and the park was sick! the set of jumps on black bear were very nice...and the jump line was very nice...idk what all of the changes were but the park was awesome..They also had one tiny box and some rollers although the box sucked because there wasnt a jump to it. overall it wasnt very crowded and the park was awesome

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well today i went to camelback for the oakley rail jam and all i gotta say is

I LOVE BEAR CREEK

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD its my home mountain

camelback is so bad i dont even wanna talk about it

good job park crew you guys are doing awesome

I dont want to be a dick but no ride on boxes in cascade!! if ur just learning theres this trail called the family park which is for beginers, thats where you should be, not in the expet park. thats why its so crowed. when you can do those boxes then move up to the intermediate park, and then the expert park. dont kid yourself everyone has to start somewhere and it should be in the expert park, another reason why cascade should somehow be closed off to the regular public or atleast have signs that say expert only.

conditions were nice today. and the jumps on black bear were ill.

only thing i hated was the step-up jump and the lil spine thing on cascade, the step up was fun for the first 3 trys, then it just got boreing. and i think the spine is pointless. but besides that, f'in amazing job on everything i loved it. cant wait to check out the new set up.

Edited by rideride

conditions were nice today. and the jumps on black bear were ill.

only thing i hated was the step-up jump and the lil spine thing on cascade, the step up was fun for the first 3 trys, then it just got boreing. and i think the spine is pointless. but besides that, f'in amazing job on everything i loved it. cant wait to check out the new set up.

new set up today was great....jump line was great...not too mant complaints....some ice later on but thats expected

good job park crew

i was up there from 8:30- 2:30. probably the best conditions all year. Not too crowded.

What I liked: tubing jumpline. picnic table. setup of the first flat box. the nipple. the inverse rainbow. both staircases.

What I didnt like: some of the rails/boxes were sticky.

I dont want to be a dick but no ride on boxes in cascade!! if ur just learning theres this trail called the family park which is for beginers, thats where you should be, not in the expet park. thats why its so crowed. when you can do those boxes then move up to the intermediate park, and then the expert park. dont kid yourself everyone has to start somewhere and it should be in the expert park, another reason why cascade should somehow be closed off to the regular public or atleast have signs that say expert only.

You dont sound like a dick my friend You are a dick. :angry::upyers You complain about bear creek bein crowded by noobs? :crymore: Look at blue moutain that is a problem the park is not bad at all. There shood be atleast one long ride on rail like the flow box Have u seen the family park? the "box" is about an inch off the ground that will not teach u anything. :thud One nice ride on box will. If your soo pro why dont u just call drop and go in front off the "noobs" every1 was a noob at one time i'm sure u didnt take ur first lift ride up and do everything in the parks. so consider people other than yourself. Bear creek has soo many other "expert" features to keep u entertained u shoodnt get ur panties all in a bunch over ONE ride on.

Today in the tubing park, some lady was standing on the knuckle of the 2'nd jump and me and my friend were yelling at her to move b/c there was people trying to drop and we got in a yelling match and she called me an ass hole and i told her ok yeah im an ass hole well your the one thats gonna be dead when someone comes over that jump and lands on you and she skiied away bitching...... my point, we need a fence up at the top of the tubing park or something b/c there's way to many retards riding through there who have no clue whats going on. I dont get it are people really that clueless that they dont know there standing on a jump?? do they not know that that is the park, not just another trail??? I dunno why but it seems like every year theres more and more ass holes at bear creek. The other day in the parking lot i was getting ready to leave and some guy drives up and beeps at me to get my attention, i was like are you fucking kidding me you ass bag??? so i just ignored him and he rolled right up close to me and asked me if i was leaving so i told him yeah and then he rolls closer and asks me again and i yelled at him and said I TOLD YOU IM LEAVING!!! and he goes ohhhh sorry i didnt hear you. well thats my pointless rant for the day. but a fence at the top of the tubing park might help a little, although it doesnt really help at the top of cascade, its just a spot for kids to sit in front of and fall in so no on else can get in the park. I cant count the number of kids who cant even ride through the fence that are going into the terrain park, i just feel like yelling at each and every one of them and telling them if you cant ride through a 8 foot wide section then you dont belong in the terrain park. Most of this stuff will never change but it would be so nice.....

Today in the tubing park, some lady was standing on the knuckle of the 2'nd jump and me and my friend were yelling at her to move b/c there was people trying to drop and we got in a yelling match and she called me an ass hole and i told her ok yeah im an ass hole well your the one thats gonna be dead when someone comes over that jump and lands on you and she skiied away bitching...... my point, we need a fence up at the top of the tubing park or something b/c there's way to many retards riding through there who have no clue whats going on. I dont get it are people really that clueless that they dont know there standing on a jump?? do they not know that that is the park, not just another trail??? I dunno why but it seems like every year theres more and more ass holes at bear creek. The other day in the parking lot i was getting ready to leave and some guy drives up and beeps at me to get my attention, i was like are you fucking kidding me you ass bag??? so i just ignored him and he rolled right up close to me and asked me if i was leaving so i told him yeah and then he rolls closer and asks me again and i yelled at him and said I TOLD YOU IM LEAVING!!! and he goes ohhhh sorry i didnt hear you. well thats my pointless rant for the day. but a fence at the top of the tubing park might help a little, although it doesnt really help at the top of cascade, its just a spot for kids to sit in front of and fall in so no on else can get in the park. I cant count the number of kids who cant even ride through the fence that are going into the terrain park, i just feel like yelling at each and every one of them and telling them if you cant ride through a 8 foot wide section then you dont belong in the terrain park. Most of this stuff will never change but it would be so nice.....

Well put buddy.....i agree, but people do have to start somewere and the family park is useless. I think if we had a park pass system, it would keep out alot of the people that shouldnt be in the bigger parks such as stupid moms who take their 5 year olds in.

god nick your such an asshole!!!

hahah that lady was crazy, park passes for the expert park and tubing park would be awesome

cause there are so many people just riding though the park it makes it unsafe for people actully using the park

mountain creeks park passes work great but you gotta pay 5 bucks

camelbacks work but you have to waste 15 minutes just to get one

so what i think they should do i just make people watch that video that plays in the caf tv's hahah

i must have watched it like 10 times it actully has good riding shots

and its only like 3 mins long so we get park passes and dont have to waste money or lots of time

The only problem with the park passes is im not sure how well they will work b/c their is so many little rich noobs who will just run to their moms and get the money. If having them get yelled at wont keep them out then them having to pay 5 dollars to get in wouldnt either. but it would cut down on the number of stupid moms and dads who bring their little kids through on leashes (actually i have seen that).

i like the idea of not having little kids go through the park but sometimes at the end of the nite i like to take a run or 2 down sasquatch.

park pass would make it so i would have to buy 2 passes if i wanted to do that right?

if my above statement is correct park passes would'nt be my thing

PARK PASSES!!!!!!!!! they work perfectly. at mountain creek it works so well, thats with them charging 5 bucks for a pass, which keeps most noobs, families, and older people out just cus they dont feel like giong over to the booth and fillin out a paper and all that stuff.. it would keep the features in such better shape, no cross step ups to rails with ruts in em from kids going off the side and all the other stuff that it messes up. stratton also has a park pass system for their parks where u jsut gotta watch the smart style video and its free. both are good for all year, they were both like a credit card that you could attach to your lift ticket. it really makes no sense for them not to try em out, a lot more people would be satisfied in my opinion. people just dont understand the park's rules and etiquete if they are only going 1-2 times a yr so even with employees explaining to them why they have pases and stuff would seem like no problem to me..

i was up ther tonight from 4 to 8

i hit the small stairset for the first time and let me jsut say that is the best feature in the park its soooo smooth and the ride in is just perfect

other than that i still love the cliff, droppiin that thing feel so good

i didnt liek the new rail setups the first flowbox ur launched like halfway onto it

and also park crew could u fix the flat gap down flowbox at the bottom? its like not aligned right and throw u off to the side

i went up with molz0625 and saw my new bud paolo in the lodge at the end of the night

overall, a little icy and the jumps wer a little rutted, but the small stairs made my day an i think its the best feature in PA

i was up ther tonight from 4 to 8

i hit the small stairset for the first time and let me jsut say that is the best feature in the park its soooo smooth and the ride in is just perfect

other than that i still love the cliff, droppiin that thing feel so good

i didnt liek the new rail setups the first flowbox ur launched like halfway onto it

and also park crew could u fix the flat gap down flowbox at the bottom? its like not aligned right and throw u off to the side

i went up with molz0625 and saw my new bud paolo in the lodge at the end of the night

overall, a little icy and the jumps wer a little rutted, but the small stairs made my day an i think its the best feature in PA

Hey did u see the kid in our school named rory get owned trying the double flip? He slammed his head on the lip of the jump as he launched