Bear Creek Park Report Thread

Tyler

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/21/07

Sick day all together. Everything was set up sick the landing of the first rail was crowded and was getting annoying but other then that every was sick and the coverage on the whole moutain was great. Good job. And about the "jump line" are they just setting up jumps in the tobing area on the one side or something?

tubing. i love the jump lines there. looks to be 3 jumps, most likely with different hits at each one

I dunno i think its gonna be roller, jump, jump. The first part that they were grooming was too mellow to be a jump landing. They had the take off of one jump started when i left, looked to be a decent 30-40 feet, cant wait to hit those bad boys, we'll show blue mt what a jump line i supposed to look like, jumps WITH landings!!!!!

1/21/07 No complaints about the park besides the jump you guys had set up was destroyed by the time I got there very bumpy run up with a rutted lip and landing, loved everything else that flat gap down rail set up was amazing. Otherwise that big hit section in tubing looks amazing cant wait to ride that one!

Just by looking at the webcams, the jump line looks pretty good with some small jumps and they setup the wallride...halfpipe has a lot of snow in it so I am hoping that they will be opening the halfpipe by this weekend. I am heading up tomorrow after school, anybody else heading up?

most likely ill be up later in the afternoon. this jumpline sounds sickkkkkk. they had one last year right? or was it just for a little while, i dont remember seeing it when i was up there.

yea i remember the jump line last year.....i think it was bigger tho but still looks great

ill be up there tomorrow filming around 1130 woo hoo anyone know when the jump line is going to open cuz i thought mark said it was supposed to open today but when i look at the web cam it doesnt look open, and i would really like it to be open tomorrow so i can ride it all afternoon!

ok so i just back from riding on monday 22, i got a couple things to say

whats up with the tree jib and the wall ride... they had giant snow chunks in the run in

the first two rails in the park have the biggest take offs and are like set up crooked and no one hits them, think you can redo them

the flat box was awesome and so was the stairset after you dug it out

the jump line is so fun, the only thing i was change would to widen them but that takes more snow so i understand

besides that the park is good

just wondering what are your plans for the usasa slopestyle on saturday

what park and what you setting up?

Edited by Matt B

Ok so lets just get rid of the c-box. no one hits it anyway and its not even set up right, it shoots you over it instead of into it. Instead lets put in a barrel bonk, or something fun like that. ann i didnt understand why it looked like there was snow pushed up to the tree bonk but then it was never groomed out??? thats one of the most fun things out. But other then those 2 things park is awesome, jump line is awesome, and i believe we got our jump line up before blue got theirs.....thats all that really matters haha. 2'nd nice jump line in pa, awesome work bear. just keep it up....

How many hits are there in the tubing park and how big are they? I also wanna know how the USASA comp will be set up>

there are 3 hits and the first one is aboutt 10 second is about 25 and the third is 30

dont quote me on these numbers but im not good at judging distance

Edited by Matt B

as i was told today. Andy is going to try and get the big staircase setup later in the week, if not then the weekend is a possible goal. if anyone is wondering thats why those death boulders were chillin in front of the wall ride to get pushed over. as soon as thats all sorted out the wall ride will get set up. if everyone can just hold on for a lil while longer you'll see what we are fully capable of. expect to see the rails on the side of the trails go out shortly and have different rail lines. As more snow piles up expect to see more of a selection of jumps and unique rail set ups.

Toms right, i am trying to open up the large staircase ASAP. Most of the snow i needed, i pushed there earlier this morning, so now all i need is a trackskidloader and few crew members. As far as the comp, it is undecided, though due to lack of snow in cascade it will be in the tube park. Also, i worked on the lip to the c box and 35fter and it should be alot better now, sorry for the so/so lips the past few days. Im really happy with how the park is looking this morning and i strongly recommend coming out if you have the ability. Im off to catch some zzz's, cya in the park around lunch! ANDY

Toms right, i am trying to open up the large staircase ASAP. Most of the snow i needed, i pushed there earlier this morning, so now all i need is a trackskidloader and few crew members. As far as the comp, it is undecided, though due to lack of snow in cascade it will be in the tube park. Also, i worked on the lip to the c box and 35fter and it should be alot better now, sorry for the so/so lips the past few days. Im really happy with how the park is looking this morning and i strongly recommend coming out if you have the ability. Im off to catch some zzz's, cya in the park around lunch! ANDY

Sounds good, glad to hear that you worked on the lips on the rails :rock any timetable on when there will be features in Grizzly?

Edited by petter369

Toms right, i am trying to open up the large staircase ASAP.

are you guys going to set the bc stairset up just like the mountain lab one because i saw it last night and i got scared.... if you want ill even burn you a copy of dc mountain lab so you can know how to set it up

i remember one day when i went to bear before you opened with derek and andy you were painting the new rails and you were talking about buying some barrels and some picnic tables like stuff to just jib around on did you get anything like that yet cause those are little things that makes a park really fun

ever think about gettting another picnic table and having like a up table to grap to down table .... fun idea

thanks park crew you guys are doing a good job