Bear Creek Park Report Thread

Tyler

On sunday the snow was impossible to shape after like 3. We did the best we could and raked and salted everything but the snow had no intregerdy so some features got pretty bad. That said, alot of the features were also really good. As for the landings, there is nothing you can do when the snow is like that other than close the jump and regroom it and let it sit overnight. The good news is with the manmade snow, we should be able to keep everything in great shape. Sorry that some of the features weren't perfect but when they get heavy traffic and the snow wont hold, there is nothing you can do. Moral of the story- granular snow is bad.

i hope you guys dont hate us for joking around with you that one day

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be sweet to work on park crew, id totally love to learn how to take care of all the stuff. plus i would actually have a reason to go up alone and it would totally teach me to ride better.

On monday the park was not bad the few hits i actually did were not bad at all pretty smooth, as far as the farthest trail on the other side of the mountian. that shit was fucking terrible

Were doing a major rebuild on cascade and tubing in the comming days. Definately the best setup of the year, its all drawn up and really really good. Plenty of stuff to throw down on, lots of original ideas, and lots of BIG features. Andy started last night pushing some piles and built one of the new features in Cascade, the step up-butterpad-step down. Check it out and you will realize what we are trying to do with the park. All of the rails and boxes are ready to be put out on the hill. You asked, BC Ironworks is putting out the goods so step up and get ready to throw down. Most progressive park in PA by the end of the weekend.

Edited by swdorsey

a really big hip like cascade had towards the end of the year las year would be fun, that thing was awesome, this step up step down thing sounds awesome though, cant wait to check it out......

i love the new like 2 feet of snow that was blown in the past week

the butterpad thing is kool it was a little edgey on top but once it warms itll be nice

o yeah r u guys making a channel gap on the second hits in tubing park cause thats what its starting to look like

sick mailbox n table of the cliff

down flat down where the pic table was n the car

they have the papa smerf n the flat down rail the 420 box

the shot gun the quater pipe stair case c box in the cut over

flat rail n mad more shit...

the set up is crazy

Edited by Mini Zep

the setup is awesome...here it is for you TP4

(skiers left to right, top to bottom)

picnic table, mailbox off cliff/ tree bonk/ jump-30ish foot.

DFD/ car/ Butter pad-btw both the DFD and the butter pad are so nice, makes for a tough decision.

Down handrail/ Shorter flat box going up/ teardrop rail/ flat down rail

staircase/ short flat rail/420 box

barrel/rail bonk

C-box in cutover-btw, didnt like how its set up