Bear Creek Park Report Thread

Tyler

you guys have to realize how much work it takes to change up the park.. first off, i bet Andy has had his hands full with the buckmans jam stuff..

every rail has T shaped legs for support. try digging them out when they are under six inches of ice. sometimes it may take a few hours to set one (1) rail. multiply by whole park = holy shit that's a lot of work. hit features switch, spin on, shit like that and it wont get boring. for those of you who has been around the last couple seasons, the planet S box took 3 hours to get up onto the hill, make a platform of snow long enough for it, try to stand it up, only for it to snap in half leaving only 1 C part rideable.

but yes, a new setup would be nice (i hope Blue crew doesnt read this, but hasnt their park been pretty much the same setup all season?)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today was nice, 8:30-11:30, got out of there as the crowds came. Great snow, no lift lines or in the park. I thought the jumps were especially nice today both on tubing and black bear. a few boxes got pretty sticky, most notably the box on the small staircase, everything else was good. good times

Edited by Oakley21

i dont think anyones complainging about the setup right now, ide just like to see some more creative stuff, like last year they had one of the flow boxes set up shot gun style, that was fun and relatively easy to set up. Also they had the big battle ship with the three boxes, a down box would be nice as well, like the one they had on the halfpipe before it was open last year, how about bringing back the mailbox rail, set it up on a quarter pipe, how about the the old big house rail, i really wanna gap that thing, and i mean i still dont understand why the barrel bonk isnt fixed, its just sitting at the bottom of the trail... I think most of us are just used to last yar when they changed up the park like every other week. Me personally ide just liek to see some more creative stuff, lets get crazy bear, do some stuff other parks wouldnt think and dont have. you know?

Edited by nick

personally i think they need to pull all the rails out and start fresh cause all the ones in the big park are burried so its like an inch ollie on and a ride on handrail set come on

today i went for a morning sess and the park crew didnt do anything to fix the lips except put the blue marker paint on them

they still had all the gay fake snow that they blew the night before on there

there was only a couple hitable things in the park for monday morning

the new jump wasnt groomed so it was mad choppy

the tree jib at like ridic bad

the two 40 foot rails were burried

the hip... i wouldnt even call that a hip

the handrail was a ride on and the stairs were covered in snow

jump line was ok but the fake snow killed the lips and the run in's to everthing need to groom that out

i know im complaining about the park, but i know bear is capable of being the best park in pa, they just need some people how know how to work the park

i just want bear to be the best

thats where i first learned too supertrooper and ive been waiting for bear to put that out too

ive also noticed that like said above bear isnt seeming to live up to the expectations they set last year

im not sayin their not doin a good job but i think they can do better oh and can the rainbow not be a ride on

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

I COMPLETLY agree with Matt B, honestly what the heck is the point of having a hardrail that is literally ride on, and then on top of that the stairs are completly buried so it defeats the purpose of the stairs. As far as the park crew goes I see them riding 90% of the time and the other 10% fixing stuff. As far as the "halfpipe" goes it is basically terrible. Im not good at halfpipe but I still like to do some spins and get out a little bit but it makes it so make harder when its all ice and there are divits.

But other then that I love the set up right now and cant wait to film on it.

Thanks for all the input. Andy has been really tied up with the Buckman's events the last 2 weeks and we all agree the parks have become a bit stale.

The park crew is going to tear down and rebuild the Cascade park tomorrow night and the Black Bear park on Wednesday night.

I don't kow all the details of the rebuild but the Subaru and the 420 box are coming back out for sure. I know he also plans on building the urban line for the comp in two weeks.

Yo guys thanks for the park input and everything. We are doing our best to stay on top of the parks and like Mark said we are planning a rebuild midweek. The snowmakers went nuts on Cascade last night and Im pretty sure that is going to continue through tonight as well. They are making us some more snow so we have more to work with during the rebuild. That is the reason that some of the rails were lower than usual today. Please bear with us for the next few days park wise until the rebuild is complete. Once we redo it all, the features will all ride the best they ever have and will be setup perfectly. I think basically can understand this and it is for the better that they blew that snow and partially burried some of the rails and the small stairs.

As for the rebuild expect Cascade to look completely different come late next week. Andy started to push the first jump next to the tree bonk and also pushed alot of snow up to the tree last night (tree bonk will have a much better tranny than before). You can see what we are trying to do size sise in Cascade during the build by looking at the pile for that first jump. Also look for alot more rails throughout all of the parks. Alot of the rails that are setup now are going to be moved/ built differently. Although an exact setup hasn't been made yet, alot of original ideas are being tossed around and Im confident that bear will build the best park we ever have (unquestionably).

Last thing, please dont ask what setup we are going to build. If its going to be announced, im sure someone official will do so.

Black Bear Park got some new jibs last night. The Black Bear Park is now set up like this. More of the Park Rebuild is going down tonight.

1. Flat Down Box or Flat Box

2. Small Table or Medium Table or Rainbow Box or C Box

3. Small Table or Medium Table or U Box or Flat Box

4. Small Table or Battleship Rail or Y Rail

5. Wallride

6. Large Staircase

7. Single Barrel Rail

8. Flat Bar Rail

9. S Rail