Bear Creek Park Report Thread

Tyler

Hey everyone, hope that the new black bear setup is alot of fun, i tryed to factor in as many possibilitys into the trail as possible, aswell as incorporate some old favorites as well. The original plan was to go out tonite and go crazy changing up cascade. Due to mechanical difficulties we wont be able to place rails and boxes tonite. We are going to try and install the Subaru tonite however, and our game plan is to be able to do the full cascade build friday night, i appoligize for the delay, we are doing all we can to get the parks super nice. Hope to see everyone out there! ANDY

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem like bear had alot of "mechanical" problems when it comes down time to get stuff done. But its not liek im saying they're lieing or anything, im pretty sure i saw the groomer broken down in the pipe the one day (if thats what it was)

It does seem like bear had alot of "mechanical" problems when it comes down time to get stuff done. But its not liek im saying they're lieing or anything, im pretty sure i saw the groomer broken down in the pipe the one day (if thats what it was)

yeh I saw that on the webcam too, it is a little disapointment for all of the riders, but I am sure that the park crew is just a disapointed because they cant put out all of the rails that they want. Nonetheless i have no doubt that they will do a great job on Cascade, like they did on black bear

Nonetheless i have no doubt that they will do a great job on Cascade, like they did on black bear

:banghead blackbear was OK at best. some pretty sweet features but it seemed like it had no flow to it. Maybe it will be better tomorrow. I'll let you guys know .

However, i have a good feeling about cascade, i hope park crew can throw some creative stuff on there.

:banghead blackbear was OK at best. some pretty sweet features but it seemed like it had no flow to it. Maybe it will be better tomorrow. I'll let you guys know .
No flow? Are you serious? There were some sick lines with tons of options to be hit on Black Bear yesterday. Seriously if you couldn't link a nice line down the park yesterday the problem is you and not the park.

i was up today, the new park setup was more fun today, still not quite what i expected but its nice to ride some old favorites....cant wait to see cascade. anyway the subaru is where the flat box used to be, next to the short rail. It's definetley not the most challenging feature but still fun.

...and burton 71, i dont know your definition of a sick , but i'll still take cascade over upper black bear.

and burton 71, i dont know your definition of a sick , but i'll still take cascade over upper black bear.
I said the lines were sick. You had a nice choice of features and could link them together however you wanted. You said there was no flow to the park and that was just not true at all, if no one was in front of you it was possible to go feature to feature with plenty of speed and setup up time without stopping. Later in the day the jumps needed some work, but in the morning when I was there they were really nice.

When cascade is setup its a better park but Wed. when I was there it wasn't that good as far as linking features.

I thought that the subaru was pretty nice (i was expecting a bigger gap on and off, but what ever) but yesterday, maybe because it was really warm, it was kinda sticky. It slid fine on boardslides but i went to nosepress it and i almost flipped halfway through because of how much i stuck, but other than that i loved it.

new parks are AMAZING sick ass job park crew, um only complaint was the snow was kinda shitty, but cant blame that on nebody but the weather, keep up the good work the parks are sick! :naughty

new parks are AMAZING sick ass job park crew, um only complaint was the snow was kinda shitty, but cant blame that on nebody but the weather, keep up the good work the parks are sick! :naughty

The new cascade park is amazing. So much fun, great flow. from the top it goes, skiers right to left:

1. 25ish foot jump- or tree bonk- or mailbox off small part of cliff- or cliff.

2. 25ish foot jump- or subaru- or picnic table.

3. Smaller jump (sorta step up)-or down red rail- or long handrail

4. Small Staircase

5. Flat red rail- or Quarterpipe with barrel bonk/ handrail on top (awesome!)

6. Tubing...

new parks are alot of fun cant wait to film some lines

what are you guys doing with the tree jib? its been set up wierd for like a week

and the down handrails have such a small ollie on think of making the jump smaller or the rail taller

today was fun, everything was set up well. Park crew was out early doing their thing, personally i would rather see them start on cascade rather than black bear so i can hit the barrel bonk my first 6 runs. they added a new small tabletop where cascade merges into black bear.

One think that is really pissing me off is getting there early to beat the crowds but having to wait until 8:40 to 8:45 before they start letting people on the lifts. The liftys take their good old time getting everything ready, would it really hurt to come 15 minutes early and have everything ready?