Bear Creek Park Report Thread

Tyler

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got back...tubing was closed due to the slopestyle...everything else was nice. They put a barrel on top of the "nipple", however it kept getting knocked over and Park Crew had to close it. fun night though. black bear jumps were a lot of fun

yeahhhhhhhh they finally put a barrel bonk out like ive been saying all year, it was sooo fun when i was doing it (sorry park crew i didnt know it was closed, somebody i guess knocked down the stick) talked to the park crew guy and he said it would be back up around the mid week, i cant wait, i love tha stuff, and it makes the park so fun, also the picninc table being set up so you can go up and stall and come back down thats another reallllyyy fun thing, awesome job park crew keep up the good work!!!!!

I wish they would have a better setup onto the rainbow rail, the way it is set now you can really only hit it coming from the from the left . It would be nice if they would make the transition onto it a little wider so you can hit it from both the left and right.

wow today was amazing, best conditions all year. soo much fun. least crowded i've ever seen a midwinter saturday. they got rid of the step down boxes, there is nothing there, maybe tomorrow. The nipple is alot taller. Everything else is the same. Great day. Great job park crew.

Oh one negative, the run up to the rainbow is terrible. That needs to be fixed asap.

conditions were pretty good today, the snow was fairly soft and powdery. They finally fixed the run up on the rainbow. I wouldnt mind seeing BC get rid of the step up and the spine and putting in some tables and a HIP. Hopefully the barrel bonk is back up by tuesday.

idk how the rainbow was set up today but yesterday was terrible. it was set up so you would have to gap to like the down of the rainbow part. i mean thas all fun and stuff but i would much rather see the jump be the same pitch as the rainbow and go right up to it with a little gap. thats def alot more fun to session, otherwise everything was set up really nice as usual. one suggestion i have would be to take the big flat down and move it more towards the tubing side so that you could come onto it straight but also that that you can just go straight and just hit the first jump. i just think it would be nicer if you didnt have to turn to get onto it espicialy when your gapping the flat. otherwise the park is sick!

Some pictures of the set-ups today. all pictures courtesy of the double chairlift.

CIMG2631.jpg

Last jumps in tubing.

CIMG2629.jpg

Big staircase.

CIMG2646.jpg

cliff.

CIMG2636.jpg

inverted rainbow.

CIMG2635.jpg

flat down.

CIMG2634.jpg

Down Flat Down.

CIMG2643.jpg

Flat rail.

CIMG2641.jpg

Small staircase.

CIMG2645.jpg

Urban Handrail.

CIMG2662.jpg

Step Up, Flat box.

CIMG2639.jpg

Rainbow.

CIMG2633.jpg

2nd jumps in tubing park.

CIMG2630.jpg

Adjustable wall ride.

Very nice day overall. From about 3 till when I left around 5 there was alot of ice coming up on the run up to most of the rails. The only thing is BC really has to do something to take care of all the people going into the terrain park at deff. dont belong there. I saw a kid in the tubing line almost hit a guys head about 2-3 inches away. I could have seen that not ending up good. But good job park crew nice work with everything.