There not opening

Matt80

The entire holliday week lost. I assume its not the way that the new owners envisioned their first season. I bet the county sure is glad that they were able to sell the place and miss out on losing even more money this year.

The county might not have lost out as much because the law suit is what is to blame for the delay.

Thats nonsense. How was the lawsuit related to above average temperatures?

They had to hold off on the upgrades until the suit was settled. There were days that they didn't make snow because the upgrades weren't done. What I meant was that at least some of the mountain could be open if all of this didn't happen. IE...they didn't sell or the stupid injunction didn't happen.

Awwww, crap. And it's 40 degrees, right now... :no

:banghead :banghead

Maybe if they just blew on one or two trails instead of the whole upper mountain they would be open. F**k i don't care there is only 2 trails, i just want to ride. I'm sick of throwing down $40 every time i want to ride to go to boulder while i have a $500 pass in my pocket for Sno. Give me mainline and the bunny, fine by me.

:banghead :banghead

Maybe if they just blew on one or two trails instead of the whole upper mountain they would be open. F**k i don't care there is only 2 trails, i just want to ride. I'm sick of throwing down $40 every time i want to ride to go to boulder while i have a $500 pass in my pocket for Sno. Give me mainline and the bunny, fine by me.

Did they offer any pass insurance?

If you were to go in before opening and ask for a refund, they'd definitely do it. They'd try and talk you out if it, but would give in. And if you paid by credit card, you could simply reverse the charge prior to services rendered and you'd get your money back with little hassle.

I think they are seeing the crappy forecast for Friday night into Saturday, but then the cold blast coming for Saturday night.

They should stay open until midnight 12/31...give us something cool for all this slow death torture. But I'm not too bummed about this week, since it's a mad house during XMas week and we're always saying how much we can't wait for the once-a-year people to go home.

The entire holliday week lost. I assume its not the way that the new owners envisioned their first season. I bet the county sure is glad that they were able to sell the place and miss out on losing even more money this year.

After the damn county took forver with that one tool bag stalling the sale....if it wasn't for that Sno would be open....so thank that douche for the place not opening.....the SMI guys could not go there until after the sale was final........and that was later then originally agreed on

Hahaha.

I dont think they will even open on Sunday. Right now its not cold enough to blow. Its like 40. Idn how it will be tonight but if its cold tonight then maybe. I have a feeling they will open like Monday or Tuesday.

Does anyone know if they blew last night? I drove up around 11 last night and the guns were on but they were blowing.

Edited by xNick11

Not to be negative, because i wanna see them open as much as the next person. But, if they cant get open by the 15th-25th dates, I think they should scrap the whole season. And just work on next years improvements, and the water park. Because, honestly i dont see any good snowmaking weather anywere yet.

Scrapping the season would send too many people back to Elk and wreak havok on things like seasonal employees and the race team. Once the cold weather sets in, all this discussion will be forgotten, for the most part.

Mr. Carlson had said they wanted to have a ceremonial grand opening on Wednesday, with the tv stations and newspapers, then start the lifts today (before the most recent delay was tagged on).

I have a bunch of friends that have traveled up from South Carolina and Florida to stay at the Chateaux...they are mostly fair weather, two week a year skiers/boarders that don't really understand snowmaking and blame CB for the horrible conditions and vow never to return. I did happily send most over to JF/BB....but my point is that even though they brought money in, they definitely aren't going to risk their XMas vacation on the Poconos next year. So maybe not opening with marginal conditions isn't so terrible for a ski area's new reputation.

This is a reminder, though, of how we should all feel about Washo, who continued to gloat about how he was responsible for sticking SMLLC for an extra million bucks by filing a lawsuit and trying to back Snowtime. Well, a lot of seasonal employees haven't reported to work because the SMI delivery date was delayed and they lost the early cold snap opportunity that BB took advantage of.

Lackawanna County pocketed the million and Washo takes credit...but a whole lot of my friends are paying for it. And Sno is losing tens of thousands of dollars because of it. And we're not skiing because of it...

... we're always saying how much we can't wait for the once-a-year people to go home.

:yes:yes . Two more holidays to endure.

I woke up this morning at 6:20 and was too tired to go to JF, after being there the last two mornings first thing. I'd go to BB tonight, but I'm sure it's a mad house :banghead . I'm probably better to take the night off and rest for Sat and Sun. morning.