Nastar

Bobert540

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just curious when Nastar will be starting at Bear Creek, Blue Mountain, Camelback etc..? I have only gone to BC but I would like to go to Blue and Camelback, how are their courses and when are they? Thanks

Here's a link to NASTAR's page that shows times/slopes/dates:

http://www.nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=wheretorace#PA

Blue and CB are both on Raceway...same name, different mountains. Both courses are longer and far better than BC's old course. IDK what the new BC course is like, but it's listed as Timberline. Someone else can give you better info as to whether that's old or new. The 'expected' par time is only 17 seconds, so it looks to be really short.

Blue's NASTAR course is usually a little more challenging than CB's...not by much, but you drop into a fairly steep headwall right out of the start. CB's course has a nice, consistant pitch that even little kids can easily navigate.

A lot of PASR people hit the CB course on Thursday nights...

Thursday nights at Blue usually have the PASR's no? Ive only done PC and Blue locally, Blue is definatley harder than the old BC track - looking forward to checking out Timberline tho, anyone know when theyre starting?

Yeah, sorry, I meant Booter on Thursday nights...my bad.

I work at BC and got the news that we will be starting next week and the course looks to be much longer this year. I am going to try and make it out to blue one of these thurs. nights. It would be nice to meet some new people. I race with twintips :)

He prolly still skis better than you without a quiver of Atomicraps or whatever it is you ride.

That's CLEARLY a challenge. Trash talking on behalf of someone else is still trash talking.

Jeffy v. freeridintre

I'll take Jeffy and am willing to give 2 seconds for $10 on Booters NASTAR. Any takers?

That's CLEARLY a challenge. Trash talking on behalf of someone else is still trash talking.

Jeffy v. freeridintre

I'll take Jeffy and am willing to give 2 seconds for $10 on Booters NASTAR. Any takers?

Ya I'm f*$ed on twins. Sounds like I need to start gettin' used to some real skis if I'm gonna have a chance in hell.

Eh, no offense here tre, but I'd have to side with Jeff (as much as I hate to do it) on this one, no matter what skis you're on. I faced the facts early last year- the kid can rip.

Besides, if you race Nastar on thursday nights there's a certain order that things need to be approached in... a ladder if you will...

And methinks Doug and I have a little rivalry to rekindle... I have to see if maybe I can ditch out on work early this week and run me some gates at blue to practice for when he's back

Eh, no offense here tre, but I'd have to side with Jeff (as much as I hate to do it) on this one, no matter what skis you're on. I faced the facts early last year- the kid can rip.

Besides, if you race Nastar on thursday nights there's a certain order that things need to be approached in... a ladder if you will...

And methinks Doug and I have a little rivalry to rekindle... I have to see if maybe I can ditch out on work early this week and run me some gates at blue to practice for when he's back

:wub:

You actually try to get better. You pratice. Doug just skis. Your next goal should be to beat Skidude, then you can come after Ski and I :nana

wait a second here... last time I checked skidude was faster than both jeff and ski... :tinfoil:

Rob- at no point in this thread did I mention either of your sons, as they don't race nastar at blue. And why don't you step up and race me... unless the prospect of someone with only a year of racing experience beating you does something to your ego...

Just trying to preserve the natural order of things...

Okay, so far it's:

Jeff v. freeridintre

Metzy v. Rob

There's actually an old rule that the PASR founders had put in place that if anyone backs out of a challenge, the opposing person gets to pick a new username for them that they have to keep for 30 days. For example, if Metzy backs out, Rob would get to pick a new name for him.

BTW, this was also just for NASTAR challenges, which was to keep from having things muddied up and to keep those being challenged from trying to weasel out.

There's actually an old rule that the PASR founders had put in place that if anyone backs out of a challenge, the opposing person gets to pick a new username for them that they have to keep for 30 days. For example, if Metzy backs out, Rob would get to pick a new name for him.

Yep article 3.4 of our "challenges" bylaw document. Thanks for reminding us ski... what would we do without you!

I'll race Metz on twins cause that is the only ski I have now. No weeknights at Blue due to length of travel, maybe BC. more like CB on a weekend although 1-3pm screws up our typical schedule. If Rhodo and pipe opens and Ridge doesn't have a race and steven doesn't have a comp and we aren't west somewhere then he is on!