Blue- 1/23/07

skifreak

Just got back from a 3 hour session at blue. Conditions were pretty good, but there were crowds of ski clubs tonight. I mainly did Lazy Mile to the Falls, I really wanted to ski on Raceway but the ski team had it all to themselves :banghead I noticed they took the butter box off of Come Around, so I couldn't watch Rear Entry Ron eat shit from it tonight. I only did Burma Road once because it was packed with too many noobs, and I was on my atomics that didn't like to make quick turns.

Don't know if anyone knows, but NASTAR begins this Thursday. Sidewinder looks like it had enought snow to have them start making features on it so I'd say Friday or Saturday they open it. They were blowing on Razors Edge, but they still need a lot more to open it up.

I rode the lift with this guy who I thought was queer. I kept having the name chippy pop in my head, and when it did I was about to go over the Chute. So I looked down and I just want to point out Danger that there is actually two sets of "outlets" (I guess you mean hydrants) on the Chute for making snow.

the only purpose to chute is to spread out the noob 'boarders who get trapped trying to cut across the mountain and insist on side-sliding down and totally scraping off any and all miniscule amounts of snow on midway

oh yaeh -'freak thanks for the report!

Edited by mbike-ski

haha yeah. but then they cant say that they are 100% open. it might be the most pointless trail on the mountain.

Don't you guys remember last year when Chute was open but had a big mud hole in the middle? Blue put up a thin cover sign and sang the hundred percent open song without any embarrassment.

the only purpose to chute is to spread out the noob 'boarders who get trapped trying to cut across the mountain and insist on side-sliding down and totally scraping off any and all minuscule amounts of snow on midway

No, the purpose of Chute is to check the egos of people who think they can't ski/ ride harder trails than they really can. If ever you need a rest and want some entertainment while doing it forgo the lodge and head for the bottom of Chute instead. I've seen more falls on it than Challenge. I've even seen a group of Asians start down the trail, realize it was too steep for them and then attempt to climb back up. Some of them actually took their skis off. Hilarious.

i'll be there - i was hoping to get a tune before then but nestors and the chealet couldn't get them done in time :crymore:

You've been racing enough that you need to invest in some tuning supplies. It'll easilly pay for itself in a few weeks, and you'll realize how much better you can do it then any shop can.

:werd

You've been racing enough that you need to invest in some tuning supplies. It'll easilly pay for itself in a few weeks, and you'll realize how much better you can do it then any shop can.

:werd

Yeah the man speaks the truth. If you want to go cheap charlie you can just get by with a file, guide and diamond stone for the base edge and an old clothes iron, some bulk wax, a scraper and a kitchen scrubber pad to wax 'em. You can build up your tuning kit from there. There's plenty of good tuning advice in the tuning forum too.

If you live near some of your ski/ride buds then you could even chip in with some guys and share the gear.