Kind of strange that no one said anything

Schif

about the X-games. Nothing good, nothing bad, you would expect some kind of talk right after the only mainstream competiton for freestyle boarding/skiing. I'm guilty of not really watching a whole lot of it, but I did watch most of sunday's daytime coverage. Here are my thoughts on it. I understand that they have to dumb it down a bit for the ordinary audience, but wow, those announcers were killing me. If I had to hear them say "scare case", "stair-ilizer" or "kangaroo flip" one more time I was serously coming through the tv at these guys. I did like the set up for slopestyle though. It looked like a good course, some very nice jumps, the rails could have been better, but they weren't terrible.

I watched the Skier-X races too. I thought that course was awesome and there were a lot of great races, very exciting competition to watch. I also really liked how Daron Rhalves (who I only know of because of the racers here, and subsequently rooted for because of this) entered. He was smoking everyone through the first couple heats, unfortunately he took a nasty spill in the finals.

The one event that was a first and I hope a last that I saw was the snowboard best trick. They did it like a tournament, with each rider facing the other head to head. 2 hits each, best score advances. The problem here was that the jump just wasn't big enough. They couldn't throw flips, only spins. It also got pretty stale, since you were only competing against one guy at a time, there were certain situations where it was actually advantagous to hold back and just beat the other guy by landing something small. This was pretty lame to watch (especially when someone would do the same trick 4 or 5 times in a row). They also did this one live, the guys got back up to the top of the jump somewhat quickly, but they took their time (and rightfully so) which didn't make for great TV. They have to do something better next year so they don't have one hit every 5 + minutes.

As for pipe, maybe someone has more input than me, I wasn't around to see the finals, and I'm not really a big pipe fan anyway.

skier 1/2 pipe. .......... nips and I were screaming OMG!! on dumonts run.. Tanner did not deserve a 95 for his second run! He had some sweet moves but when the triple 10's didn't get scored high by andreas because of amplitude............ dumonts 94 was worthy IMO

The announcers are awful, and the whole vibe of the X-games is just bad to me. EXTREME SPORTS... give me a break. I'd rather watch vans triple crown (is this still around?) half pipe any day. The format is better and you could actually keep up with the riders over a couple weeks as opposed to a one week deal.

I caught the freestyle snowmobiling, which was basically a more graceful (due to the weight of the sleds) version of freestyle moto x. Still pretty corny in my opinion. I don't think I will ever get into any freestyle engine powered sports.

Didn't see the slopestyle or best trick.

skier 1/2 pipe. .......... nips and I were screaming OMG!! on dumonts run.. Tanner did not deserve a 95 for his second run! He had some sweet moves but when the triple 10's didn't get scored high by andreas because of amplitude............ dumonts 94 was worthy IMO

yeah dumont got robbed i thought. tanner's 2nd run should have been enough to take it til he clipped the deck on the flatspin. obviously, thats not perfection, and at that level, it should take a perfect run to win, considering what some of the other athletes did in their runs.

I didn't get a chance to catch anything but I'll see it later. I have to say the Chevy Grand Prix has a better vibe to me. Still most of the same riders (at least on an olympic year) but less hype more substance. You have to appreciate the X Games giving snowboarding and now skiing too a lot of exposure, but they way they do it is really bad. Its definitely run by people who think they are in tune, as opposed to those who are actually in tune. Put Dingo in as your announcer and it would be twice as good.

yeah dumont got robbed i thought. tanner's 2nd run should have been enough to take it til he clipped the deck on the flatspin. obviously, thats not perfection, and at that level, it should take a perfect run to win, considering what some of the other athletes did in their runs.

ughh I KNOW

i third this. friggen a.

watch vans triple crown (is this still around?) half pipe any day.

ya man i'd totally go with the triple crown, just because the riders we're better and the courses(slopestyle) was actually a slope with some style on it, even though i haven't seen it or heard from it in a while, it wouldn't surprise me that the lame Dew action sports tour replaced it.

as far as anouncers, Todd Richards is the only one who desereves to commentate at any event, dingo is horrible,he's just a pro partier like renee renee, but he's an aussie. and you can't watch x-games without hearing that lame fuckhead commentator always worshiping shaun white like he's Zeus or some shit. THANK GOD FOR STEVE FISHER!!

ya man i'd totally go with the triple crown, just because the riders we're better and the courses(slopestyle) was actually a slope with some style on it, even though i haven't seen it or heard from it in a while, it wouldn't surprise me that the lame Dew action sports tour replaced it.

as far as anouncers, Todd Richards is the only one who desereves to commentate at any event, dingo is horrible,he's just a pro partier like renee renee, but he's an aussie. and you can't watch x-games without hearing that lame fuckhead commentator always worshiping shaun white like he's Zeus or some shit. THANK GOD FOR STEVE FISHER!!

or thank god for hampus entering because he fucking single handedly made me watch both slopestyle and best trick, even tho he had no chance in winning becuase he wasnt gonig to spin like a video game to impress people, the guy has so much style and it was bullshit that wig beat him in the first round of best trick with a fs 10, hampus did a 9 shifty that noone else does and a cab 10 both landed fine and wigg had hands down and all that garbage on his landing

as far as anouncers, Todd Richards is the only one who desereves to commentate at any event,

Todd Richards and Pat Parnell commentating Olympic hardboot snowboarding was by far one of the funniest routines I've ever heard in my life. They had everyone at the site laughing so hard they could barely do their jobs.

props to chas guldemond a fellow east coast rider in the x-games its nice to see more of them showing those west coast riders whats up

although now hes a western rider, lol

yeah BRO!!!! whipping brian boitano ice skating 1260's and sliding out landings that, kids fucking cash money.....